Apparently you can't be gay if you don't do something stereotypical?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Apparently you can't be gay if you don't do something stereotypical?

Post by BlueBlaster »

Hey, comics fans!
Visit www.fanboyradio.com . It's the weekly radio show about comics. Joe Quesada,Larry Hama,Brian Michael Bendis,Greg Rucka,Mark Waid and many other comics creators have appeared on the show.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Governmental prats...
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

So homophobia only affects limp-wristed gays and lesbians who don't shave their armpits? Thanks, I didn't get the memo. :p
Zeeks

I don't normally disclose this info to strangers, but.....

Post by Zeeks »

I am proud of who I am as a person, not what is natural to me. I also happen to be gay. It is not something I am proud or unproud of, because, unlike most of my brothren, I don't flaunt it or see it as something to pay so much special attention to for the same reason that I would not be proud or unproud that I have dark brown hair. It's a silly notion to me. It's who I am. period. I don't partake in marches, or carry around rainbow stickers on my truck.

So let me tell ya about myself: I'm a tractor lovin, farm boyish, non-lisping, educated, unconcerned about current fashion, non-Queer Eye" watching, huge transformers fan who likes guys. And when my brothren tell me that I should act more "gayish" (read: stereotypical) my reply is usually this: "When you can operate a boom on a Cat825 and level land to perfection, then go home and read in an effort to educate yourself about the world while verbally telling somone how to repair a broken cylinder on their John Deere 825, THEN and ONLY THEN will I start to lisp."

I have found that it is indeed this stereotypical view of gays and how they should act that gives a human being like myself such a bad name. Love people for who they are, not what one thinks or feels others should act.

in closing, all I can think to say is: "transformers rock. Im glad I found this site"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Arcee
Protoform

Re: I don't normally disclose this info to strangers, but.....

Post by Arcee »

Originally posted by Kremzeek75
Love people for who they are, not what one thinks or feels others should act.

in closing, all I can think to say is: "transformers rock. Im glad I found this site"
Word.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Canada just lost a few coolness points in my book. They're still ahead of just about everybody though.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Wow, thats really stupid.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

quote Mrs. Brofloski from south Park "Blame canada, blame canada............."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Kremzeek75 = badass.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

ROTFLMAO:laugh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Garand

Post by Garand »

"When you can operate a boom on a Cat825 and level land to perfection, then go home and read in an effort to educate yourself about the world while verbally telling somone how to repair a broken cylinder on their John Deere 825, THEN and ONLY THEN will I start to lisp."

**applauds**

If you're ever in teh NC mountions.. i'll fix you up with one of my coworkers..
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Garand
**applauds**

If you're ever in teh NC mountions.. i'll fix you up with one of my coworkers..

'It's just so hard to find that special someone...That's why I turned to TF Archive.' ;)

On topic, that is such a crock. Not every homosexual acts like Jack from Will and Grace, and not every homosexual feels the need to bring up their sexual orientation thirty times in the course of a five minute conversation.

As for Kremzeek, more power to ya.:)
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

thanks guys.........I really appreciate the sentiments. and most definitely, I will look up Garand next time I am in the NC mountains. LOL

After the verbal beating I took from some of the moderators today, its nice to hear something positive for once.

*highfives Garand & fort_max*;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Snake
Protoform

Post by Snake »

I don't... ...see it as something to pay so much special attention to

But you should though, because of people like the Westboro Baptist Church:

http://www.godhatesfags.com/

Hell, I'm straight and I find this people worrying. They want to kill every homosexual on the planet. According to them, we need to hear their messages of hate more than we need food, shelter, or even oxygen. And they're dead serious when they say that. Plus, according to them, the people God hates more than gays are the "f*g enablers"; straight people who don't think that gays should be arbitrarily executed because of their sexual lifestyle. And they're grown in their efforts of the years, going from just preaching their hatred, to publishing it, protesting all around US, ect, harassing the funerals of gays, dancing on their graves, ect. Who's to say that they won't start coming after hetrosexuals just like they do with the gays? What else will they declare is worthy of a death sentence? And what if they decide their current efforts aren't enough, such thinking that they need to practice what they preach? Disturbing, isn't it? It concerns me greatly. Especially when I think back on what George Carlin said "The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." All too often, that's true. And the Westboro Baptists are viscious in their dedication to their doctrine of faith.

If you feel this issue deserves more of your attention, I recommend the following threads;

http://tfarchive2.com/community/showthr ... adid=22951

http://tfarchive2.com/community/showthr ... adid=19824

http://tfarchive2.com/community/showthr ... ght=phelps

This is just for laughs, given his homophobia. You know what they say about those that complain a little too loudly on certain subjects...

http://tfarchive2.com/community/showthr ... ght=phelps

And definitely read this site, which has the essay "Addicted to Hate", all about "Reverand" Phelps, founder of the Westboro Baptist Church:

http://blank.org/addict/
Back for good... for Evil.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

It is not something I am proud or unproud of, because, unlike most of my brothren, I don't flaunt it or see it as something to pay so much special attention to for the same reason that I would not be proud or unproud that I have dark brown hair.

I may introduce you to some pitiful creature I know from a German board... That guy is, as he says, bisexual and accuses each and everyone of being a homophobe ("You're only saying this because I'm gay blah blah"). Even worse, he accuses the other gay people on this board of being "not gay enough" or "adapting themselves to the non-gay world all too easily". In other words, every gay person who doesn't spend all day screaming "I'M GAY! NOTICE ME! I'M DIFFERENT! I'M SPECIAL!" is a collaborationist. What a jerk.
Could be he's simply envious on the other gay folks who are mostly accepted and respected by (almost) everyone, unlike him... :\
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Arcee
Protoform

Re: Re: I don't normally disclose this info to strangers, but.....

Post by Arcee »

Originally posted by Nevermore
I may introduce you to some pitiful creature I know from a German board... That guy is, as he says, bisexual and accuses each and everyone of being a homophobe ("You're only saying this because I'm gay blah blah"). Even worse, he accuses the other gay people on this board of being "not gay enough" or "adapting themselves to the non-gay world all too easily". In other words, every gay person who doesn't spend all day screaming "I'M GAY! NOTICE ME! I'M DIFFERENT! I'M SPECIAL!" is a collaborationist.
Ah, yeah... On a different board, I've seen people claim that being a "real" lesbian is something political. Now, I don't connect any political agenda to being straight, so why should lesbians be expected to be all political? If they just want to love other women and be left in peace, that's their thing.
Cliffjumper

Re: Re: I don't normally disclose this info to strangers, but.....

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Nevermore
I may introduce you to some pitiful creature I know from a German board... That guy is, as he says, bisexual and accuses each and everyone of being a homophobe ("You're only saying this because I'm gay blah blah"). Even worse, he accuses the other gay people on this board of being "not gay enough" or "adapting themselves to the non-gay world all too easily". In other words, every gay person who doesn't spend all day screaming "I'M GAY! NOTICE ME! I'M DIFFERENT! I'M SPECIAL!" is a collaborationist. What a jerk.
Could be he's simply envious on the other gay folks who are mostly accepted and respected by (almost) everyone, unlike him... :\

So that's where Star "LOOK AT ME! I'M GAAAAAAAY" Screamer ended up.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Snake
"The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable."
Yup.

And were it any other murderous cult, they wouldn't have lasted five minutes.

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots."
—George H. W. Bush, O'Hare Airport, 1987 Aug 27, to Robert Sherman
After the verbal beating I took from some of the moderators today,
If you think staff are the only people here who call things as they see them, I'd suggest lurking awhile.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Denyer
"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots."
—George H. W. Bush, O'Hare Airport, 1987 Aug 27, to Robert Sherman

That is seriously ****ed up!

Anyone who considers someone less than anything based upon their religion or lack thereof should take another long, hard look at the constitution and rethink their definition of patriot.

The US was founded on a set of ideals that all basically come down to the freedom of choice. Supporting that ideal with everything you've got is what makes a person a patriot.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

It takes more effort, more thought, and more action to express a negative thought/aciton than it does to either let things go or say/do something positive.
This goes for people who just can't get past themselves and choose to disect, demolish, and insult others whether its about the "evils" of gayness or personal emotion.
It is a very sad state of life when one chooses to immerse oneself in this sort of behavior. I guess happiness and the general well-being of man just eludes certain individuals. How awful it must be to live this way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]