Universe Deluxe Class wave 4 (Autobot Hound, Cyclonus, Cheetor, Starscream) - OUT

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

Universe Deluxe Class wave 4 (Autobot Hound, Cyclonus, Cheetor, Starscream) - OUT

Post by Nevermore »

Quick recap of what we know so far:

Universe Deluxe Class Wave 4 debuts four new toys.

1) Autobot Hound is a new mold and comes with an equally new-mold Ravage, who is supposed to be compatible with G1 Soundwave.

2) Cyclonus is also a new Mold. He comes with his Targetmaster partner Nightstick (also a new mold).

3) Cheetor is also a new mold. He's based more on a real-life cheetah than the original Beast Wars Deluxe toy was.

4) Starscream is a "G1-accurate" redeco of the Classics Deluxe Starscream toy that was released two years ago.

We've already seen official photos of all four toys.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-165826/

Online retailers such as Big Bad Toy Store and Entertainment Earth are taking preorders for this wave now. Estimated release date is December 2008.

Here's the new stuff:

The first loose test shot/pre-production sample of Starscream.
http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-297964.html

Mirrored:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/b ... eam_01.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/b ... eam_02.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/b ... eam_03.jpg
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
numbat

Post by numbat »

If those photos are anything to go by, the paint apps are as sloppy as the original release - but with a bit of luck, that's simply restricted to the test-shot.

However, it's a great mould, and Screamer is the main man to wear it, and it's good that folks that missed the Classics release will have another affordable shot at him.

However, if I wanted a more G1 accurate version, I'd shell out the slight extra for the Henkei version, which looks a lot neater to me.

(But, I think I'll probably end up sticking with Classics. ;) )

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I thought Cyclonus was going to be a Voyager... No matter, he looks too good to pass up at this point!:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Detective Barricade wrote:I thought Cyclonus was going to be a Voyager... No matter, he looks too good to pass up at this point!:D
I second that. I already have a G1 Cyclonus, but he's too sweet to pass on, plus, he'll be great next to Galvatron!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Cyclonus is MINE. Is Wave 3 coming out soon? I wanna get Ironhide.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Hopefuly Cyclonus will be a little bit better put together than Tankor and Galvatron were. I was having horrible Titanium flashbacks with those two....

Also...why does Hound have Ravage on the back of him in alt mode?
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Brimstone wrote:Also...why does Hound have Ravage on the back of him in alt mode?
I also wondered that. And I have no idea why Hound & Ravage are packaged together.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Didn't Hound capture Ravage in the first or second episode of G1? Maybe that's why. Now I want to go back and watch it. OK. Nope. But he helped!
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

I hope that version of Cheetor is only a prototype. Those arms are just in a wierd position.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:I hope that version of Cheetor is only a prototype. Those arms are just in a wierd position.
The arms are mistransformed.

And the Hound/Ravage combo is indeed a reference to the G1 pilot.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Some fans on other sites are already going nuts about the Geewun redeco. Some love it and regret buying the first Classics Starscream while a couple of them cite a Shortpacked comic about the Dinobot's toys various color changes. Some are actually bitching that he doesn't have a blue nosecone while others are pretty much consoling them with, "his nosecone was gray in the cartoon." Some regret buying the first Classics SS and/or the Henkei version. Meanwhile, while all of this fussing and whining is going on, I'm just looking at this figure while thinking, "why do people like this horrendous color scheme? Is it really all nostalgia or do they truly like the colors for some reason?"

I will get the other three though. Looking forward to them quite a bit.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Whirl's Rear Rotor
Protoform

Post by Whirl's Rear Rotor »

Hugely relieved to find out that Cheetor's arms are mistransformed in that pic. Looks very cool otherwise.

Also, is it just me or is Hound's colour scheme way too bright?

Whirl's Rear Rotor: Wrecking Heaven Since 1911
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Civ wrote:Some fans on other sites are already going nuts about the Geewun redeco. Some love it and regret buying the first Classics Starscream while a couple of them cite a Shortpacked comic about the Dinobot's toys various color changes. Some are actually bitching that he doesn't have a blue nosecone while others are pretty much consoling them with, "his nosecone was gray in the cartoon." Some regret buying the first Classics SS and/or the Henkei version. Meanwhile, while all of this fussing and whining is going on, I'm just looking at this figure while thinking, "why do people like this horrendous color scheme? Is it really all nostalgia or do they truly like the colors for some reason?"
I don't really care for all the fuss about SS. I have the Classics Starscream, and I'm perfectly fine with him. He doesn't need to be EXACTLY like the G1 cartoon, etc. I guess I just don't bother fretting about it, I just enjoy the TF's they put out.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Only gripe with the seeker mold (for my part) is the issue with the wings having to be tilted back in order for the guns to point forward while attached to the arms. Otherwise it's a goold mold.

Don't really care too much about the color scheme (lets face it. If you were to stop a guy in the street (who'd seen transformers 20 years ago but remembered Starscream), and you held up the first classics release and asked "Who is this?" he'd recognize it right away).
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

RID Scourge wrote:Only gripe with the seeker mold (for my part) is the issue with the wings having to be tilted back in order for the guns to point forward while attached to the arms. Otherwise it's a goold mold.

Don't really care too much about the color scheme (lets face it. If you were to stop a guy in the street (who'd seen transformers 20 years ago but remembered Starscream), and you held up the first classics release and asked "Who is this?" he'd recognize it right away).
I agree with the wing/gun problem. The only other way is to put the gun in his hand (but that takes away from the awesome shoulder guns).
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hound and a dog, eh? :p

Looks all right. Could have done with a darker green. Though they might be going for a more cartoonish look. Either way I'll buy it. Damn you Hasbro for making me want to spend money! ;)
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Is that a new Ravage? It looks different. That's kinda cool.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Brimstone wrote:Is that a new Ravage? It looks different. That's kinda cool.
What else would it be? A reissue? We just got the G1 mold last year.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

too bad the Snarl is really g1 Slag. Drat, Hasbro can't they get there own stuff right.