Lol Nashville!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sociopathic Autobot

Lol Nashville!

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Way to overpay for Foppa. Hey Baxter, you better hope for a stanley cup or the Predators are most likely done in the Music City.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

are we setting the over/under at what, twenty games before he completely tears his groin away from his torso?

but i wonder if it'll help, i mean, anaheim is faltering a bit, and detroit is. detroit. stars or sharks would have to be my bet, in the west.

East is still devils, they've done it too many times and there is always marty lurking in the playoffs

don't think the sabres have it in them, to be fair

but to the point, I think they did salvage their future for someone to maybe be healthy in the playoffs.. scary to see if he is in form, though
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Sociopathic Autobot

Originally posted by redman prime
detroit is. detroit.
Old and in a weak-division? Sounds right. They should be out in the first round as usual.

stars or sharks would have to be my bet, in the west.
Have you watched either of these teams this season? Dallas is in a mild-form of disarray. In fairness it has a lot to do with losing their entire top-line to injury mid-way through the season, Turco looking nothing like himself is also a factor. I think the hope in Dallas is that a rocky regular season means a good post-season for Turco, something he's never had. Best bet is Turco is just having an off-year.

San Jose is just suffering from a young back-end. Their defence is way to inconsistant for the play-offs. They're deep offensively, and they run the same sort of goalie tandem that no one else in the West has, but that young defence leads to some nights being impossible for the Sharks to lose and other nights San Jose can't over-come all of the turn-overs and young mistakes. This is the problem Nashville had for a long time.
East is still devils, they've done it too many times and there is always marty lurking in the playoffs
The only way the Devils go far is if they drop too 6th or 7th in the next month. They have NEVER gone deep in the play-offs after capturing a top seed. Watch for an early exit by Broduer and co.
don't think the sabres have it in them, to be fair
Two NHL starting goalies. Three/Four lines that can run and gun, a defence that can score and play solid. They are the team to beat now. I doubt they will win it because of the style they play, but it's hard to say they don't have it in them.

but to the point, I think they did salvage their future for someone to maybe be healthy in the playoffs.. scary to see if he is in form, though

Nashville didn't sell out their future, what they did was try save their future. Anything but a long cup run might possibly kill this team. Nashville has a hardcore fanbase, the problem is, is that Fanbase is so small. They need to attract attention, and they need it now.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

glad to see someone still gets to see a fair bit of hockey...
i don't :(

but I can speak out of my ass a bit, and detroit is old, and they'll end up getting bounced early, but still be great in the regular season.

But Buffalo is a weird case.. I know too many kids from buffalo here to think they are gonna be predictable.

it's jut a shame that hockey is on one channel here, and we somehow get the flyers every other week.. hard to get enthused again
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

Forsberg has drawn a larger intrest in the Preds around town, and SA is spot on. We need a long Cup run to save this team. The Corporations around town need to step up and contribute to the team. They bend over backwards for the Titans, and they've stunk the last 3 years. Hell, they even do more for the AAA baseball team.

As for selling out our future, Scotty Upshall was barely cracking the lineup when we had injuries, let alone when everyone was healthy. Ryan Parent, well he's a minor leaguer who hasn't cracked the team and probably won't. And we gave up 2 picks. Crap shoots. Unless you're in the top 5 picks in most years, you're not getting a whole lot.

When this team gels, watch out.

We're already 2nd in the league in points.

We've got 2 good goalies who can shut a team down, and we're faster than almost anyone (except for maybe Buffalo and the Ducks)
I was watching the Devils and Rangers highlights this morning and the Rangers commited a turnover in the Devil's zone and it looked like the Devils were skating in mollasses. Every time the Preds do that they're in the other zone in no time.

The rest of the team needs to make sure they don't start just giving the puck to Forsberg and watching him do something.

And we need the little fireplug Jordin Tootoo back at full strength as well to protect the big guys.
Sociopathic Autobot

Originally posted by Baxter

And we need the little fireplug Jordin Tootoo back at full strength as well to protect the big guys.
\

Hordichuk is there to protect, Tootoo is there to annoy.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I'm out $100 if Nashville wins the cup. Up $100 if Buffalo wins though.

Want to say Vancouver is looking deadly, but first we need a depth Defenceman and a third line centre.

Also wanted to back up everyone who thinks Detroit is going out in the first round.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Wow, less than 24 hours after that last post the Canucks picked up Smolinski and Sopel.

So... you guys may or may not have heard it here first but, here it is...

The Canucks will win the Cup!

Mikka Who?
Sociopathic Autobot

Gelinas is also reported to be heading to Vancouver, putting us right against the cap.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS