Infinite Crisis thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Zisteau

Infinite Crisis thread

Post by Zisteau »

I could have sworn there was already one, but all I could find was the countdown thread. Anyway, I guess we can talk about infinite crisis here, and I'm sure Cliffy will pop in to mumble something about castrating Geoff Johns.

Issue 4 came out today! The connection of the countdown threads were explained. Bludhaven gets
SPOILER! (select to read)
nuked, more or less
Superboy fights Superboy.
the alternate one goes on a killing spree. Wasn't expecting that.
And the biggest thing that happened, in my opinion.
No more speedforce! The flashes all leave! (except Jay) Barry Allen, Johhny Quick and Max Mercury show up to help!
Good issue. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Oh yeah, and they rebuild
Earth 2.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

great issue
One shall stand, One shall fall...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Indeed!

I'm still a little worried about where this is all going though. I'm not enthusiastic about them switching everything back to the way it was before Crisis.

I like the streamlined continuity that DC has.

I'm a little disappointed that we're looking to lose quite a few speedsters and Hawkman. I'm hoping that Hawkman doesn't go missing for long.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

The only thing i found disappointing about this issue was the fact that the way all the minis tied in together (and with infinite crisis) seemed a little forced, as if they were gettin to the point where they realised they needed to explain it and just thought something up quickly.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

annother thing i dont like about the minis is i feel im missing out on the whole story by not collecting every DC title in existence. it seems in an effort to cover everything they jump around alot .....now my pocketbook has its limits so ive started downloading any issues i think might be important (like the rann-thanagar special and the day of vengeance special) and itseems like alot of this stuff should be in the crisis mini itself.

for example...the rock of eternity is presented as a huge problem in the crisis mini...but its solved in the DOV special so you have to buy it to find out whathappens. im sure it will be touched on in crisis but its more like a news report than an actual story. im still enjoying whats going on but i think maybe it would have benifited from being a 12 parter like the original crisis.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Hound

Post by Hound »

Well, they do want you to buy other books besides just the mini series. That's why it's a crossover event. The idea is that you don't actually have to read any of the tie-ins to get a good story out of Infinite Crisis, but if you want to know everything that's going on you'll have to fork out a little bit of extra cash...
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeah i understand but i just dont feel im getting a good story with just the mini.....i mean im enjoying it but i dont feel its the least bit complete the way its going. COIE seemed to be a better balance of this...of course this is comming from someone born in 1984.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

i've heard off this series (and seen the Graphic Novels by titan in the shops) any suggestions what Novel to get first <and whats the reading order> (not to mention a site where i can import the series)
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

infinite crisis? its not out in graphic novel form as it is an ongoing.
sikkbones
Protoform

Post by sikkbones »

i'm sure it'll take em a few years to realease it in TPB.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Id say Infinite Crisis will get a TPB Release by Autumn, definitely by the conclusion of 52
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
Id say Infinite Crisis will get a TPB Release by Autumn, definitely by the conclusion of 52

I was going to say. DC has gotten into the habit of releasing things pretty quickly. There'll be the hardcover in late summer, the TP in late winter, and the super-deluxe, hundred dollar oversized HC come 2007.
sikkbones
Protoform

Post by sikkbones »

Originally posted by fort_max
I was going to say. DC has gotten into the habit of releasing things pretty quickly. There'll be the hardcover in late summer, the TP in late winter, and the super-deluxe, hundred dollar oversized HC come 2007.

i think they'll release the absolute edition first.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by sikkbones
i think they'll release the absolute edition first.

How do you figure?
sikkbones
Protoform

Post by sikkbones »

Did anybody check out this week's LITG?

Rich claims that Infinite Crisis 6 will be delayed at least a month to accomidate a new ending which will [POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING] have multiple earths instead of just one as was originally intended.

I think this is a horrible idea. I hope it's not true. Your thoughts?
sikkbones
Protoform

Post by sikkbones »

From CMCENT at the Comic Bloc Forums:

Spoiler "space" is not an option in forums, with variable-height displays and quotes. Capiche?
Ok I thumbed through Infinite Crisis 5. I can't buy it until tomorrow. But I will give some spoilers.

Ready
SPOILERS!!!!

We find out interesting things in a small line from Alex: Breach, Kyle Rayner, jason Rusch (Firestorm), and Helena Bertinelli (Huntress) were from Earth 8. Prior to the original Crisis. Breach is/was Earth 8's Capt Atom.

E2 Wonder Woman shows up and talks to current Wonder Woman. (didnt really read the dialogue)

Blue Beetle, with Booster is taken to the bat cave. (didnt really read the dialogue)

The big stuff:

E2 Lois DIES in E2 Supes arms,

Just then current Supes comes in and E2 Supes blames him for her death. He the goes into Acion comics #1 pose and smashes a car on current Supes.

Alex mentions that it ALL begans with E2 Supes. He needs him.

Alex wants to bring back the FULL multiverse to reconfigure a perfect earth. He was to do it by trial and error it seems. Mix and mix until he gets the recipe right.

Lastly
Dr Light II, (she has her powers back?) is doing crown control. Then a Flash (I assume its Wally by the belt design) appears and tells her "We Could'nt Hold Him!!!"

Last page

SUPERBOY Prime is flying wearing his Anti Monitor leg warmers with red eyes. With multiple earths behind him.

BATMAN Annual:

Superboy Prime, was throwing tantrums and it is his whining and power that cazued alot of the screwy things in the DC universe. His anger is what brought Jason Todd back to life.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Use spoiler tags next time please. I almost read that.

[ spoiler ]

[ /spoiler ]
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

ok theres one problem i have with
earth 8
and that is:
in COIE all the earths were destroyed besides the last 5 who were merged. so how can kyle, breach and the gang be part of the merged earth as "earth 8" multiverse people?.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

I think all the other earths wer destroyed in terms of being consumed by the antimatter universe. The last 5 were also destroyed but because they wern't consumed by anti matter they became the template for the new positive matter universe.

Still bringing back multiple is a bad idea. Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman, Supergirl and the JLA have had much better characterisation or quality stories post crisis. Well Supes did until Loeb et al got a hold of the regular series and brought back Silver age Krypto and Supergirl. :sick:

Infinite Crisis has been alright so far but not nearly as good a read as the original crisis and is totally dependent on DC fanboys who were around 20-30 years ago. AT least with the original Crisis characters and concepts were introduced slowly and any recent reader (in 1985) knew who everybody was.