Funniest 'straight' comic

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Funniest 'straight' comic

Post by Cliffjumper »

If ya get me... if not, good luck with those GCSE resits!

My nomination? Uncanny X-Men 245, in which a bunch of aliens invade Australia. The Australians promptly ignore the alien force, who then get taken in by the Ozzies' hospitality. The lot of them get drunk, their greatest warrior loses to Wolverine in a drinking contest and their amazon-esque warriors all fall for Longshot. The mayor of Sydney happily hands over control of the city, being well-overdue a holiday... pure class in a glass...
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Taht one was great because of all the pop pi$$ takes in it.

X-factor 87 I think (Davids last) where they all get thearpy. The bit about 'PMS' was absolutly brilliant and I coudlent stop laughing.

The one where the X-men play american football was very funny towards the end(I'll pack my bags :D).

A lot Peter David's Hulk comics had a lot of classic humour in them-especially with the gray Hulk but I cant pin down a single issue being funnyer than several.OH YES I CAN the one with Rick Jones stag night :D.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Rick Jones 0- that reminds me - the second issue of the '95 Cpatain Marvel series, with Genis on Jopnes' talk show, with Jones mispronouncing our hereo's name, and cklaiming it rhymes with 'penis'