Some questions?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
BWW 2000
Protoform

Some questions?

Post by BWW 2000 »

Hi there,
Just found this site while on a nostalgia trip one day!My interest "back in the day" was mostly in the UK comics(made up for missing out on such great toys as Swoop,Shockwave and the Predacons!),but now that I've re-read them on the net after all these years I have some questions:
1)Even if,as stated,Megatron forgot ever meeting the Predacons during "Prey",how is it stated in the later US story that he had never dealt with them on Cybertron,yet in "Prey" he tests them on Motormaster to see if they were as good as he remembered???
2)If Straxus had a spare clone Megatron lying around the place,then why did he need to transfer his consciousness to the real one,or better still,why not go to the extra bother of recreating his old body?
3)Is Skywarp dead after "Target 2006"?I ask this because if he was repaired subsequently,then the same could surely have applied to Starscream,therefore negating Galvatron's logic that it had to be an alternative timeline just because he destryed Starscream.
4)Surely Scorponok and any other headmasters destroyed fighting against Unicron aren't REALLY dead,as their heads would still be on Nebulos??
5)Is Metroplex capable of higher brain functions?In his only comic appearance he seems less intelligent than the cartoon Dinobots!
6)In "Time Wars" Optimus decides to stay in Limbo because the future Matrix holder(Rodimus) is now in this timeline,but as this was Powermaster Op,then surely he didn't HAVE the Matrix(blasted into space with his original body)?
I may be way off the mark with some/all of these,but I'm a bit "rusty" after all this time!
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Post by Weirdwolf and Monzo »

Simple answer to all your questions:

It's a childeren's show with plot holes the size of New York...but isn't that what makes it so great!? Image Image Image

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.wildcatblue.com/users/ukcats" TARGET=_blank> Visit the Transformers
Homage Homepage--Now with
a Message Board!</A>
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

2)If Straxus had a spare clone Megatron lying around the place,then why did he need to transfer his consciousness to the real one,or better still,why not go to the extra bother of recreating his old body?

The real Megatron might have had a better construction. Maybe it wasn't possible to make such good bodies anymore?

4)Surely Scorponok and any other headmasters destroyed fighting against Unicron aren't REALLY dead,as their heads would still be on Nebulos??

Yeah, technically they might be alive, but you can't go anywhere without a body.. Image

------------------
Merry Christmas!
BWW 2000
Protoform

Post by BWW 2000 »

"Yeah, technically they might be alive, but you can't go anywhere without a body.. "
Reminds me of Morbius in Dr.Who....;-)
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

3)Is Skywarp dead after "Target 2006"?I ask this because if he was repaired subsequently,then the same could surely have applied to Starscream,therefore negating Galvatron's logic that it had to be an alternative timeline just because he destryed Starscream.
Yep. Actually, he's even dead before it (got killed by Omega Supreme in Command Performances, #71 I think). But I'd say it makes no difference, because Galvatron was so shocked by what he'd just done that he wasn't thinking entirely rationally.
Well, technically. But they probably wished they were dead...
6)In "Time Wars" Optimus decides to stay in Limbo because the future Matrix holder(Rodimus) is now in this timeline,but as this was Powermaster Op,then surely he didn't HAVE the Matrix(blasted into space with his original body)?
Ifs and buts...
The problem, I think, is that they're both Primes. Optimus cites that Rodimus is a future version of himself, as he's the leader of the Autobots. Not quite as black-and-white as Galvatron/Megatron, but the basic idea is pretty much the same.

------------------
"In true honor of the emperor of destruction, I have set fire to my own couch." - Brawn
Sig presented by Skywarp the Omnificent of The TF Mausoleum
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

You also have to remember that, in the comics, the Matrix wasn't just a piece of hardware - it was a codex as well (it existed in Prime's head, and in Buster's mind).

Just because you don't have the specific bit of kit doesn't mean you don't have the power, baby.