Triple Takeover

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Sixswitch

Triple Takeover

Post by Sixswitch »

I got this episode from the TFArchives a few weeks back, and could hardly believe my eyes.

I was hoping to see the triple changers kick some rear (Blitzwing is one of my favorite Dcepticons), but instead, they were made to look like prime idiots.

I mean, kidnapping a football coach?
Giving a few trains personalities?

And what's with the poor animation of some of the episode.

I also have gripes with the stupid transitions (the metalic looking screens that show up when the 'camera' changes viewpoint). They make the whole episode look disjointed. Is this only on certain versions of the cartoons, or in all of the episodes in that series. I noticed it in this episode, and in Prime Target (which also sucked), but didn't notice it in Secret of Omega Supreme.

OK, rant over.

-SS

------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Well, the silver screen that you see is because the version of the ep you have is G2. The G2 cartoons were shown in the early 90's and really sucked.

------------------
Thanks to dai-atlas2000 for my sig
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

This is also the only episode Skids appeared in(and he didn't even get a line). It doesn't do justice to Blitzwing at all; he's so much better in FFOD.

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the sig pic!
-------------------------
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Wise man say; forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

Have a few beers, kick back, we'll have some fun; If ya smell what Red is cookin'!

When my time on Earth is done, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, so my critics can kiss my ass.
Be sure to stop by the basement run by torture and pain experts RCOSD and Redstreak, the 2001 Archiver Alliance of the year!
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Originally posted by Redstreak:
This is also the only episode Skids appeared in(and he didn't even get a line).
Wrong twice. First, Skids also appeared in Quest For Survival. His line - "Robotic insecticide?"
Second, he did have a line in Triple Takeover. "We'll stop 'em at the ten yard line!" Sounded much similar Tony Danza, unlike in QFS.

------------------
"In true honor of the emperor of destruction, I have set fire to my own couch." - Brawn
Sig presented by Skywarp the Omnificent of The TF Mausoleum
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Thanks for clearing that up guys. Much appreciated to know that there was a reason for the shoddy effort.

------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yup, it was one of the episodes which I foudn to be the biggest let-down... I mean, as well as some rather crappy animation, you've got the assertion that you can crush four Transformers, smack 'em all together into a big chair [and here's a real Masterstroke from that arse Scrapper: let's leave Prowl's gun in his hand!], then simply take them all back apart and rebuilt them... There's the aforementioned stupidity from both Astro and Blitzwing [did he really not see the whole Constructicons-forming-Devastaotr bitch-slap coming? Dumbass of the Month Material that], some of the very worst renderings of vehicle modes in the series [that's pretty bad], the changing seekers who usually include Starscream, Blitzwing's annoying-as-f**k third person speech ["More points for Blitzwing!"] and a climactic fight which just doesn't make any sense.

I give this episode a 3.1757276451235241647125601380765870163458076
5018264501246578013645 and made the screen go all long in one foul swoop...

EDIT: Well, it saved S-Ghost doing it on one of his "must mod forum" trips... y'know, the ones where he bumps some topic which hasn't been posted in for a week, then lock s it Image Image

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"You haven't been where I have at all, so who are you to judge?"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.

[This message has been edited by Cliffjumper (edited 12-24-2001).]
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by Reflector:
Wrong twice. First, Skids also appeared in Quest For Survival. His line - "Robotic insecticide?"
Second, he did have a line in Triple Takeover. "We'll stop 'em at the ten yard line!" Sounded much similar Tony Danza, unlike in QFS.

So sue me. Image
I haven't seen Quest for Survival but once, and haven't watch Triple Takeover in ages(I try to avoid stupid episodes, hence why I haven't watched much of the series period lately...).
Not like anything he says is of great significance. Image

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the sig pic!
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Wise man say; forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

When my time on Earth is done, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, so my critics can kiss my ass.

Redstreak and RCOSD, AWF Tag Team Champions!
Be sure to stop by the basement run by torture and pain experts RCOSD and Redstreak, the 2001 Archiver Alliance of the year!

[This message has been edited by Redstreak (edited 12-24-2001).]
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Personally, I liked Triple Takeover. So, the animation sucks and the characteristics are entirely wrong. It's funny. I laughted. That was enough for me.

"Astrotrain couldn't lead rats to garbage can." Superb.

------------------
-Afraid I was going to leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
-I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee.

Picture courtesy of seibertron.com
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

Originally posted by Silly Cow:
Personally, I liked Triple Takeover. So, the animation sucks and the characteristics are entirely wrong. It's funny. I laughted. That was enough for me.

"Astrotrain couldn't lead rats to garbage can." Superb.

I am with you there. I would say Triple Takeover is one of my favourite US episodes, I laughed at something that was intentionally funny for a change. You know the:

Megatron: "You're either lying, or stupid."

Starscream: "I'm stupid! I'm stupid!"

bit. One of Starscream's best lines.

------------------

Fish Bee will destroy you unless you click here and, like, attend or something.

This new, improved sig was brought to you by sprites touch.
sprites touch
Protoform

Post by sprites touch »

don't diss triple takeover, it shows prime at it's best, he has airconditioning Image
until FFOD neither blitzwing nor astrotrain show any briliant moves,and most of S2 tries to introduce so many charecters, that alot of them get mistreated.
The fight at the end is amuzing, Megatron for once shows why his the leader (because the writers want him to be).

------------------

Maybe it's 'cause of all those punchs to my head, but I'm starting to see yer point.
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by sprites touch:
until FFOD neither blitzwing nor astrotrain show any briliant moves
The God Gambit showed Astrotrain at his best. It would be hard to believe that the same Astrotrain who tought of pretending to be a god to enslave a planet-full of people, tried to recruit an army of trains. That's why I don't consider Triple Takeover so canon, just a comic bit. And a good one, I might add.

------------------
-Afraid I was going to leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
-I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee.

Picture courtesy of seibertron.com