Next two Alternators molds revealed.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Brave Maximus

Next two Alternators molds revealed.

Post by Brave Maximus »

HA got this one first!

Anyway, wal-mart computers are listing 2 new Alternators toys.

one is a Jeep Wrangler, while the other is a Chevy Corvette.

Could these be Trailbreaker and Tracks? No names are listed but Here's the complete listings from TFormers

Oh and get a look at energon OMEGA!!!!!!
(he's a Supreme sized toy too ;) )
Civ

Post by Civ »

It could be Brawn instead of Trailbreaker or just maybe, it could be Hound or Beachcomber.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Some people also thought it was hound, but I favor the Trailbreaker one. Orignal G1 hound was a jeep, while TB was a Ford Bronko? (Closest that we have is like an SUV like a Jeep Wrangler)

That and Hound was a military vehical.
Civ

Post by Civ »

But what about Brawn? Would you rule him out as being the possible Jeep Wrangler? If I remember correctly, he's always been portrayed as an SUV type vehicle.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Energon Omega??? Wonder if they're not going to dig the Omega Supreme mold out again? or will it be another big 'bot that just shares a name with the G1 giant?
Flesh Creature
Protoform

Post by Flesh Creature »

I really dont see it being Brawn because of him preveiously being a minibot. but knowing my luck it probally will be named Brawn.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Originally posted by deej
Energon Omega??? Wonder if they're not going to dig the Omega Supreme mold out again? or will it be another big 'bot that just shares a name with the G1 giant?

They can't reuse the mold, because of the molds parentage (same problem with Shockwave). So far the computers only list him as OMEGA, it's just that he's a supreme sized figure.

I think I'll agree with Flesh Creature on this one - Brawn was a minibot and they'll probably hold off on that name.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Hasbro didn't own the rights to the Omega Supreme mold either? I knew about Jetfire (then again, who doesn't?) & shockwave (radio shack or someone owns that one, don't they?)...hmm - how many other G1 molds were licensed? is there a thread about this on here somewhere? (i'm curious now...either that, or I'll go use google)
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ummm probably in G1 some where, or you can start one up
Cliffjumper, Denyer or Brendocon will then help more.

But off the top of my head, the ones that will never see reissue are:

Jetfire, Omega Supreme, Whirl, Roadbuster, Shockwave, the Deluxe insecticons, and maybe one other.

What happened is that when Transformers really took off in the 80's Hasbro scrambled to get more transforming robots molds and put out some toys. This lead to some doubious stuff.

But as I said, post a new thread in G1, they'll be able to help
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Hmm..

I can't wait to see the new stuff they got for Energon. On the offical site it said that they we going to go stuff that related to the G1 and the Headmasters, so hopefully they'll do something good.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

The one I can think of that Max missed is Sky-Lynx. He's owned by the same company who own the rights to Omega Supreme.

As for these two Alternators, Hasbro doesn't have the copyright on Tracks; but Takara does. I'm not sure about Trailbreaker...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Really?

I thought hasbro actually had the rights to him,

ah well, yet another one I'll have to get off of ebay
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

aww what? No sky-lynx remakes either? bugger :/

All the toys I only ever saw & played with once as a kid (bar Megatron), and would love to pick up the most, can't be remade..insert luke skywalker style whinge or something like that here...

anyhow..I digress....if memory serves - Omega Supreme wasn't exactly the most robust of toys anyhow, was he? at least - not as tough as some of today's tf toys...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Tough, not really. He had some parts that were really easy to lose, and his walking drum could break easily.

But the toy was great. Big, cannon and claw and come on, the Autobots last line of defence
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

absolutely - at that point, he was a monster of a toy..at least until Metroplex, Trypticon, Predoking & Fort Max showed up anyhow... I dread to think what he'd be worth to pick up off ebay.

which reminds me....I must get around to glueing Metroplex back together...stupid tiny plastic joint that connects his top & bottom halves :/
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

$160 -$200 MISB and never lower than $90 for 100% complete.

He's worth it though

Metroplex can be gotten for $50 100%
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

hmm...that's not so bad...but translates into $AU200-400+ for a tf..maybe after I've got a few things paid off :)

(and not to mention I'm on a "no tf buying" clause at the moment - buying unicron kinda done the dash till after christmas)
Raven
Protoform

Post by Raven »

when do we get some images of these ?
Civ

Post by Civ »

I just figured out who the Wrangler is. I was showing my roommate my transformer's collection and the alternator Smokescreen and I told him about the others coming out. He asked me about the Jeep Wrangler and who it was. I said it was either Trailbreaker or Brawn, but now I'm positive it has to be Brawn. I went to the Jeep site and look at this picture.

Look at the green one and tell me that doesn't look like Brawn.

EDIT: OH wait...it could also be Hound now that I think about it. Damn!! More confusion. Here's a website where the jeep looks like Hound.

http://www.jeep.com/willys/index.html
Grendel
Protoform

Post by Grendel »

too bad, a rerelease of Omega Supreme would of been kick ass:(
Beer is good.