So what /did/ happen to Barricade then?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

So what /did/ happen to Barricade then?

Post by Cliffjumper »

So, Michael Bay decides he likes Barricade. The character's violent death at the hands of Optimus Prime doesn't happen (let's assume the studio are on the ball enough to leave it out of the DVD cut, though I suppose it's all up in the air while they work out what's happening with Bay), and so on. I'm talking in the context of the film here, incidnetally, people reciting third-hand production notes will be treated with short shrift.

But he still doesn't even get to the final battle. So what do you think happens to him? did he get a more minor pounding off Prime and play possum (the chances of that Prime leaving him alive would be low...)? Did he get to the city and not fancy the odss (which would be odd, seeing as the Decepticons spend most of the battle with the upper hand - you could argue they have it right up until Sam uses the Allspark, considering Megatron has the edge on Prime and could easily take apart the rest of them)? Is he in on it with Starscream (in which case, surely backing Starscream up from the ground would have been more useful?)? Does he get confused and come off at the wrong exit?

What d'ya reckon?
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Seduced and murdered by an autobot disquised as a dunkin doughnuts.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Can anyone remember the pile of bits that got dropped into the ocean ? Was he in there ? Was Bonecrusher in there ?

... almost didn't post this. dull question 'n' all.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nope, I see Megatron and bits of Blackout... Devastator could be in there as the colours tend to blend a little... No Barricade, maybe a bit of Bonecrusher. Not really enough debris for more than the three who got to Mission City, though - depends how much they've dumped before the camera gets there :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Going solely by what's in the film?

I'd say it's entirely within reason that after he watches Prime break Bonecrusher, a robot thrice Barricade's size, in about 45 seconds, he decides that they don't pay him enough and hides in a parking garage until it's safe to come back out.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Well yea, he got served by bumblebee, so I'd imagine Ironhide would eat him for breakfast, and after his scrape with B he patches himself up, so some medical knowledge there.

So maybe he did stop to try and fix bonecrusher. Odd choice, but seeing that Megatron seemed to be the only decepticon actually interested in the allspark... heu.. I'll stop there before I start ranting.

edit : necrophilliac ? Or maybe he ate him... christ, that's actually worse than a rant. :\
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, I'd say that if an explaination is given, I'd say that it would be something along the lines of what Clay suggested.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by slartibartfast
Well yea, he got served by bumblebee, so I'd imagine Ironhide would eat him for breakfast, and after his scrape with B he patches himself up, so some medical knowledge there.

Or maybe he died of shame. You know you're a loser when Bumblebee kicks your ass.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

What, like, all of a sudden, like
And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights Sam and his sex symbol seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack!
?
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Maybe he runs away during the fight on the highway, going in the opposite direction to the allspark etc?

This way he (hopefully) knows Prime will have to choose the more pressing issue of the spark and megatron, leaving him to make his getaway.

Self preservation is probably going to be central to a lot of the decepticons, and if megatron had won he could have always just pretended he was offline for the duration after fighting prime...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I'd like to think he decided to let the others do the hard work and legged it out of there when Bonecrusher got trounced... but what happens if the Decepticons win?

"Sorry, Megatron... I got a bit lost and couldn't find the other guys' numbers to check where you were... uhm..."

Headed back to Hoover Dam to help out Frenzy?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Headed back to Hoover Dam to help out Frenzy?

Ooooh, I like that one, what with them being 'partners' and all :) Could this be a Decepticon with... A PERSONALITY? Dah-da-DAAAH.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Orci says it's a plot thread for film 2, so...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Ooooh, I like that one, what with them being 'partners' and all :) Could this be a Decepticon with... A PERSONALITY? Dah-da-DAAAH.

FTW as well.

Or perhaps he realised that whole "Punishment and Enslave" thing kinda ruined the disguise and went to rub it off?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by slartibartfast
What, like, all of a sudden, like
And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights Sam and his sex symbol seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack!
?

:lol: Brilliant!
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

I thought I saw Ironhide picked him up and smash him into the ground in a scene toward the end, I could be wrong.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
I thought I saw Ironhide picked him up and smash him into the ground in a scene toward the end, I could be wrong.

Barricade is last seen right before Bonecrusher transforms.

In the comic and novel adaption, Prime kills him after he finished off Bonecrusher, but in the movie, such a scene is missing.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

So going on the current facts...it's possible that they left that part out intentionally for TF2? If he lived I'd like to see him as part of Menasor...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Maju Garzett
Maybe the left that part out intentionally for TF2?

*facepalms*
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
*facepalms*

........................................__......................................................
.................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..................................................
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.....................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.............................
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,....................
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......