Transformers Movie Done In Computer Animation

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.

Do you think computer animation is better for transformers movie instead of regular?

yes
36%
no
27%
whatever it dont matter
27%
dont care
9%

Total votes: 11

sithwolf
Protoform

Transformers Movie Done In Computer Animation

Post by sithwolf »

:confused: I dont understand why they can do the computer animation on the Transformers Beast Wars and now they are back to regular animation on Transformers Energon. The computer animation is way better to view and it gives the characters more depth and more realism viewing. If you noticed the old GI joe shows were done in regular animation and now they produced a new movie on DVD and it's in computer animation. When they start making the new Transformers movie I hope and pray they will do the movie in computer animation also.
sithwolf
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Animation does nto give a character more depth, it`s the writting what does that.

And the TFs in Energon are still computer animated, they`re just cel-shaded.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Beast Wars however was done by Mainframe. The Japanese didn't make a 3D version of their own Beast Wars series' (Beast Wars 2, Beast Wars Neo).

Energon and Armada were dubbed from Japanese into English whereas Beast Wars and Beast Machines were dubbed from English into Japanese.

Personally I don't mind. Although as Darth Shapnel stated depth of character isn't created by the animation (Unless you want to get technical) it is done by the writers.

For all we know Transformers Cybertron could be done in a similar fashion to Beast Wars and then a movie could be made to follow this succesful continuity.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

I prefer well done, hand-drawn animation better. :-)
Nevermore

Re: Transformers Movie Done In Computer Animation

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by sithwolf
When they start making the new Transformers movie I hope and pray they will do the movie in computer animation also.

Actually, the movie is going to be done in stop-motion animation with the toys.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Reckon Megs will sic Galvy on Op, then, dude?

Hmmm, being a comic fan, I'd also come down on cel animation, but with the qualifier of it being well done [not so easy]. I don't think I've got anything technical to back that up, I just like cel more. Though BW still resoundingly owns any other animated TF series I've seen - but that, as noted, is because it had scripts with characters in, rather than, say, oooh, a script that could, and most likely was, adapted to any other eighties kids' show.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

I prefer Cel, but Ihave seen some good things done with CG
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

i prefer cel shaded as well as stated before the writing was what made beast wars good
and it woudl be equally good if it were cel shaded in stead of cgi animation
the other arguments i can level against cgi is that its stiff and sometimes unrealistic looking ( dont tel pixar that ) and it will look fake after a certain amount of time
traditional animation never really gets old new animation techniques might improve
i doubt beastwars will look as impressive in 2016 as it does now
also cgi is time consuming and expensive
maybe less then it was before but its stil time consuming and expensive
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

it all depends really, i prefer traditional animation to cgi in terms of tv shows, but thats only because the budget and software and such that would be used on these shows wouldnt be great enough to produce a super decent show, bw/bm and possibly reboot (from what i remember of it, all done by mainframe aswell) are some of the only cgi shows to actually succeed in making it look cool on a fairly low budget.

in terms of the film, its a given they would use cgi, on the most part movie cgi is a whole different ballpark to tv cgi (unless your names george lucas), and i dont see how traditional animation and live action would work... the only times ive seen it done, and done well are in things such as who framed roger rabbit and space jam (and those were both comedy cartoon films)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Aren't options three and four in this poll the same? Anyway, it's the script that matters most, they could do it with finger puppets as long as the plot stands up...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!