Classics in UK Tesco and Woolworths stores!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
tarikq
Protoform

Classics in Woolies UK

Post by tarikq »

Just been into Woolworths and got a classics Starscream for 9.99, didnt realise they were stocking them. They still had a couple of Wing Sabers as well, is he worth it?

on a side note be careful buying classics from Argos, they tried to sell me a Cybertron Skywarp when i ordered Hot Rod.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

using thier "lucky dip" policy.

i'd like transformers classic flip. please.
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

well they said they had another in stock and made me wait for the next one, turned out it was the same one!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Hence why I never use Argos for anything, unless I know for certain that it's not an assortment.
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

very true, although some people get them to bring out all their stock but i dont think i would have the front to do that.

does anyone know if the classics are on the woolies website yet? i would check myself but am at work. even better has anyone spotted them in the big W stores? i imagine the selection there could be quite good... still need that Jetfire!
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Originally posted by tarikq
anyone know if the classics are on the woolies website yet?
nothing at http://www.woolworths.co.uk that i can see, just the cybertron line and a couple of alternators.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

very true, although some people get them to bring out all their stock but i dont think i would have the front to do that.

I'm one of those awkward s*ds who gets Argos to bring out all their stock. They love me so much. But it's worth it. Cardiff has a definite lack of good toy stores, now that TRU has moved to the bay, so I have to go where I can. And the local Woolies is cr*p. It's too small so they barely get any TFs in at all.

Having said all that I just picked up Tit Soundwave, Classics Jetfire (from TRU. I was so pleased to get this!), Alt Ravage, Alt Shockblast (Entertainer has them in now) and Cybertron Quickmix. It's been a good day!

EDIT: I also saw all the Classics deluxe in Woolworths in Leamington recently. Don't know how much they were, no price, and they must've just been put out 'cause they weren't there the day before.
Housewife2000
Protoform

Post by Housewife2000 »

The Woolworths in Balham, South London now has wave 1 Deluxe Classics at £9.99. I haven't seen any Voyagers around here yet though. The still have a few Cybertron Basics and a couple of the big Cybertron Prime's.
lord_optimus
Protoform

Post by lord_optimus »

I went to argos in the hope of getting the Classics Hotrod. All i got for my trouble was a broken Cybertron Skywarp. When i took it back they offered me the same thing so i took my money back and bought the all 6 mini Constructicons for £12 at Toys r us.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Does anyone know what's coming after wave 3 of the classics range? Mirage, Grimlock, Jetfire, Cliffjumper, Ramjet and a sh*t load of minicons. What's after that for the range?
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

Originally posted by lord_optimus
I went to argos in the hope of getting the Classics Hotrod. All i got for my trouble was a broken Cybertron Skywarp. When i took it back they offered me the same thing so i took my money back and bought the all 6 mini Constructicons for £12 at Toys r us.

oh dear, like i said i was after Hot Rod as well and got skywarp, which i already had. anyone else find that this is happening and think that loads of classics Hot Rods are gathering dust?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Alas! Our Woolies branch has been closed and the nearest is Loughborough, which is not too far to go, but far too far unless they have something worth picking up. It is a sad thing to live in a Woolies-less Leicester, indeedy, indeedy...

I rarely actually try to buy TFs from Argos, for the same reason everyone else gives i.e. they offer assortments. The real bummer is being told 'yes, we have that figure'', paying up, finding they don't have what you asked for and them refusing a refund. :mad:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

Originally posted by Clogs

I rarely actually try to buy TFs from Argos, for the same reason everyone else gives i.e. they offer assortments. The real bummer is being told 'yes, we have that figure'', paying up, finding they don't have what you asked for and them refusing a refund. :mad:

never been refused a refund, you should speak to the manager.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Anyone shopping in Argos: don't pre-pay, just go through the customer service desk and either describe what you're looking for or ask them to send down one of everything in that selection. As long as it isn't a peak time they're usually very obliging.
mbbff prime
Protoform

Post by mbbff prime »

oh dear, like i said i was after Hot Rod as well and got skywarp, which i already had. anyone else find that this is happening and think that loads of classics Hot Rods are gathering dust?

Same thing happened to me, I went into Argos for a classics Jetfire and Hot Rod and came out with a Cybertron Soundwave and Skywarp. Luckily I used the I got this as a present for my brother/cousin/nephew and they have it already have it line and they have always given me my money back
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

Originally posted by mbbff prime
Same thing happened to me, I went into Argos for a classics Jetfire and Hot Rod and came out with a Cybertron Soundwave and Skywarp. Luckily I used the I got this as a present for my brother/cousin/nephew and they have it already have it line and they have always given me my money back

dont even have to do that, i just tell them that i dont want it as i already have it and they just give me my money back.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

dont even have to do that, i just tell them that i dont want it as i already have it and they just give me my money back.

Obviously, some stores are run by Jasper the Grasper. When I asked for money back recently (I wanted CryoScourge not another Sky Shadow, thanks!), I was refused as I had carried out a legitimate transaction - or some such words. So I ended up with Cyb OP for the son's birthday instead. Shop - 1; son - 1; me - absolutely Benefits Agency, my dear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

Originally posted by Clogs
Obviously, some stores are run by Jasper the Grasper. When I asked for money back recently (I wanted CryoScourge not another Sky Shadow, thanks!), I was refused as I had carried out a legitimate transaction - or some such words. So I ended up with Cyb OP for the son's birthday instead. Shop - 1; son - 1; me - absolutely Benefits Agency, my dear.

threaten them with trading standards, they soon back down. as long as the item is in its original packaging in good condition then they cant say anything. they will try and gazump you with technical terms but once they hear "trading standards" they soon get worried.
numbat

Classics in UK Tesco stores!

Post by numbat »

Hello all!

Just thought I'd say that Tesco have begun to roll out the whole Classics ranger (barring Mini-cons). I say 'begun' as some stores seem to have them, while others still stock Cybertron only.

(Such as my local one in Dumfries - all Skywarps, Thundercrackers and Yellow Scrapmetals...)

They're all selling at the same prices as their respective Cybertron Classes. I did see the entire first wave (all sizes) in a Tesco in Edinburgh today, on my way back from visiting family.

The same store also had Cybertron figures still (I've not seen a combination in any other, but I've only visited a handful in the last week [for various shopping reasons...]), but none of these were reduced at all.

Sorry if this is old news!

:)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I've noticed that a lot of the Argos catalogue numbers for the Classics toys are identical to the Cybertron ones, so it's likely that a lot of stores may well bring out a Cybertron figure instead, as they will be classed as identical in stock taking.

No Classics in any Woolies I've popped into recently, alas... In fact, few even have Transformers right now!

But Tesco have begun to roll the Classics figures out...

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... adid=37926

;)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.