Please advise me on this... (dating related)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
-Predaking-
Protoform

Please advise me on this... (dating related)

Post by -Predaking- »

I have never asked for advice for dating from anyone online but this is... different. I am a very impatient person when it comes to dating and if the first impression is good I usually want to tell her I like her and see if she will respond positively. Well I am not that naive anymore but today I met a girl that I've chatting with on the phone for past 2 weeks and she fits the type of girl I want to date. well after we had brunch I wanted to spend the rest of afternoon just hang out with her but she's got other engagements. I guess I am a bit anxious to get another gf after my split with my last gf and although we talked a lot she's a bit.. cold. Should I call her every night and set up another date next weekend or should I play it cool and take it slowly? I liked her as a person and now I like her looks too but I don't want to scare her off by my approach since she probably isn't as into me as I am with her. Thoughts?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

If she's giving you the cold treatment, then don't bother. I'm sure you have much better things to do than worry about a girl. I know I do.

If you do want to persue it, then don't call her every night. Wait a few days, and make her sweat a little bit. As far as the brunch situation goes, you shouls have just offered to take her home, and if she wanted to do something with you afterwards, she would ask you.

If you're anxious to get a new gf, then maybe you shouldn't be seeing anyone right now. I may be reading too much into this, but it sounds as if you are dependent upon being in a relationship. That is not a good thing at all.
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

Well, I dont exactly have any experience w/ dating or girls, since no one likes me... :rolleyes: , but I would probably say that you should figure out what SHE wants, maybe by body language or something? It would probably be better to be safer than sorry, so maybe wait a couple nights, then call her?

But, again, I have very little experience.

[Edit: Paladin Prime is right, if you just broke up with another gf, u might want to reconsider (ive seen bad things happen with people who NEED to be in a relationship... like my dad, 1 1/2 years after he gets divorced w/ my mom, he remarries someone hes known for 5 months....]
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Learn some good jokes, feel at one with nature, shower regularly, and take the time to become incredibly rich and famous. Give her the next 30 years to stew on it and I guarantee* that she will come running to you, sure as eggs is eggs.

Coolness is good, but faint heart never won hot chick. Tr and do exactly half of what you feel the urge to e.g. if you want to call her every day, do it every other day, or less.

I actually went for the less and now I'm single again.... D'oh!

Don't listen to me.

* = This is not foolproof.
wasabi
Protoform

I'm not an expert or anything...

Post by wasabi »

but since I'm a girl, oh excuse me - a WOMAN ;), I can kinda give you a female insight.

First off within those two weeks, how often did the two of you converse on the phone? Also when you went out to brunch you mentioned that she seemed a bit "cold". Aloof? Distant? Shy? or COLD??? Was her attitude and vibes any different than how she sounded like on the phone? Hafta remember that communicating via phone & internet is completely different than going out on a date.

Uh and you also mentioned that you're a bit eager to obtain another girlfriend. I don't know how long it's been since your last breakup and if you happened to casually mention your former relationship in your conversations with this girl. (Hopefully you did not...) But women can kinda sense if a guy is... for lack of kinder terms shall I say: needy or wanting? You may not have noticed it, but she might have. It can be a turn off or if anything, make a girl apprehesive... ie. squirm.

My suggestion is to continue calling her. Certainly not everyday! See how the conversation goes... warm laughs? extended talks? Then you might ease in and casually ask her out again....

If she remains aloof, gives excuses to cut your convos short, then my friend it's time to move on...
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

Hmm...

Good advice so far, but...

What you want to do is dress up as a scary man. You might want to consider some face paint, a bandana, miratey type cloak? Grow your hair longish, and never clean it.

Then, start a 60 a day smoking habit, and back this up with some heavy class A usage. This should make you

a) Mentally unstable

and

b) Have a really gruff voice. Plus generally make you look dirty.

Following on from this, a crash course in the black arts is a must. You simply must be able to 'do things', like channel the dead, unblock toilets... You neve know when that can come in handy.

Once you have done all the above, break and enter said womans house, and freak her out so much that she gives you her ring.

Once she has done this, cry out 'you're my wife now', and hey presto, you've pulled!

Take her to a cage, make sure she teaches you how to apply make up, that sorta stuff... Do what you like with her.

And refer to her as Dave.

Must remember to do that.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

My advice to you and all of the archivers DO NOTHING. Be natural!
A Shakespearean quote comes to mind
LOVES LABOURS LOST

Dont forget that she is a person not just your object of desire. Women just like men also choose who they like and dont like, they make choices to be or not to be with you. Sounds like you should keep fishing rather than reel in a cold one. And fishing takes a lot of patience.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

My advice? Wait a couple days to talk to her. It's tough, but you can't come off as overanxious or needy, as the others have already said. I believe that daily calls should only begin once a relationship is "official." Anything before that runs the risk of creeping her out...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Zombie Dave

And refer to her as Dave.

And if she's not local, don't bother...

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

From my past Xperiences i've learned cold chix turn out to be trouble chix. At this point in my life i've come to this conclusion about women, they're like computers. When they're new they're great but in about 6 months they get old an usless, toss em out an get a newer better model. End of story.
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

Thanks for all your advices. I can see myself making stupid mistakes with this girl since I haven't been on a date for last 3 years and I am quite rusty. I guess I shouldn't call her so soon but I couldn't resist and called her just now to chat then told her I'll be calling her tonight. Grrr... I can't resist. Women who are cold and distant usually gets me want to go after them more. ;) :D
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

Originally posted by -Predaking-
I guess I shouldn't call her so soon

No!

Call her Dave!

Seriously, good luck.

And if the worst comes to the worst, use a bear trap!
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Originally posted by Ulticron
From my past Xperiences i've learned cold chix turn out to be trouble chix. At this point in my life i've come to this conclusion about women, they're like computers. When they're new they're great but in about 6 months they get old an usless, toss em out an get a newer better model. End of story.

oh, grow up.