1977 Darth Vader eBay win! I got him dirt cheap too :)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Savannahtron

1977 Darth Vader eBay win! I got him dirt cheap too :)

Post by Savannahtron »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 50274&rd=1

Not a Transformer, but I thought it was pretty cool considering it is suppossed to be one of the first ever Darth Vader figures.

Cheap too.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Hey, if you can have this, I can have my scoring most of the new MOTU figure line from the same seller...

In all seriousness, I'm not getting the same buzz from TFs as I used to. The last major event for me was Eugenesis, with honourable mention to Mery's last big fic. Haven't phased out of my liking for web design problems, though. Just more interested in MOTU and Sluggy on the toy and fic side of things right now.

Is there a smaller version of the G2 Megatron mould in the same colours?
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I have never seen one in the green version. I think the Hero version was purple, and then Bludgeon is yellow and green. I have been thinking about picking up that G2 version Korean BW, but I dunno.

I always thought of Toys / Merchandise discussion to be mostly about TFs, but also to include other figures we collect.

Oddly enough, I don't collect Star Wars at all, I picked up a Vader over the summer that my kids lost the fig, but I still have the cape, and saber, found him again this past week, and found another one called Throne Room where he has the mask that comes off and shows his pale reminiscance *sp?* of humanity.

I saw 2 of them last weekend in the early morning, passed it by, and then that afternoon I thought I would like to go get one, but it was gone.

Then I went to Wal-Mart yesterday, and a toy associate named Daniel remembered me asking for it that afternoon, and when he found another one, he put it up on the bike aisle. I could not believe it. I was pretty happy to get it, and tonight I figured I would see about an original Vader. I could not believe finding one complete for so cheap. I would have figured it was worth more than $5.00.

Which MoTU are you collecting? The entire line? I like the resculpting and replication of figures, but I have not seen anything new in over 2 months in the series. I thought especially for the X-Mas rush they would release some new figures in the line.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

*takes his Bun-Bun plush off the table*

erm...

That's a good grab. The Vader that I have is the throne room one. It's pretty cool too; the mask comes off in two parts. It's in my garage somewhere in a box I haven't bothered with in some time now.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

You have a Bun-Bun plush? Nifty. I would, but I'd like to score some of the books when they're reprinted in a different format first... or maybe once I get around to downloading the last three years worth of strips I'll get a DOTN account.
Originally posted by Savannahtron
I have never seen one in the green version. I think the Hero version was purple, and then Bludgeon is yellow and green. I have been thinking about picking up that G2 version Korean BW, but I dunno.
I could cope with Archforce, but the Bludgeon colours suck, IMO.

I just hate the fact G2 Megs is only in scale with PM Prime.
Originally posted by Savannahtron :
I always thought of Toys / Merchandise discussion to be mostly about TFs, but also to include other figures we collect.
I'd have several MOTU topics if that were the case...
Originally posted by Savannahtron :
IWhich MoTU are you collecting? The entire line? I like the resculpting and replication of figures, but I have not seen anything new in over 2 months in the series. I thought especially for the X-Mas rush they would release some new figures in the line.
First releases of characters which are on retail release. Generally avoiding redecos (except Ram-Man, where I just painted over the bronze shoulder armour) and I refuse to pay ludicrous sums for exclusives.

Currently I just need Roboto (which I'm working on) and Khan and Hsss (am happy to wait until the snakemen see wider release)... The General (Rattlor) is a particularly dynamic sculpt. Overall, I think the bad guys got better designs, though this has always been true.

As for releases... Mattel seems to release it can't compete with Energon in mainstream release. It's targeting smaller stores and the snakemen aren't expected in full force until early next year. They're stretched too thin supplying stock for licensed products such as Batman and Harry Potter. If they get stock returned to allow the snakemen into stores, it shows up as a loss for this year, which looks bad to investors. Also, the snakemen waves will officially be a different product line to MOTU. They're hoping Christmas will clear the old stock. It's a bit of a gamble.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Unless Mattel can get Walmart to start carrying MOTU again, I really don't think things will be looking up in the U.S. At least the He-Store didn't turn out like the Seibertron store though...
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Originally posted by Denyer
and Sluggy
Originally posted by Pun-3X
*takes his Bun-Bun plush off the table*

ahhhh.....sluggites!

and I severly dislike you both - it's way too damn expensive for me to even consider importing either the sluggy books or the shirts/plush toys (how I want a bun-bun.....)...

for me tho, I went right away from the star wars collecting just after Phantom menace came out - too much **** saturating the market place...The POTF line was great, but the Phantom Menace stuff was very meh-ish...when AOTC came out, I all but gave up - didn't like the large majority of the toys @ all....although the magnetic hand thingie was a kinda cook gimmick (better than "COMTEC" anyhow :P )
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I'm getting BloodRayne on the PS2 for Christmas...

What? It's as on topic as this is.

:p
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
I'm getting BloodRayne on the PS2 for Christmas...

What? It's as on topic as this is.

:p

hey...and I just won the Aliens: Quadrilogy box set :D

rockin' :D
Addl
Protoform

the voices... oh...

Post by Addl »

you people collect toys?!!?!

Bwaha, how pathetic!