[Superpowers]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Prowl1984

Superpowers! fanboy topic warning

Post by Prowl1984 »

sooo, i constantly ponder this, if you could have any superpower or mutant ability, what would it be and why? i'm torn between a few

Nightcrawlers teleport ability- get from a-b instantly and make a cool 'bamf' noise as you do

Cannonballs jet power/invincibility- because it would be fun to fly head on into things and not get hurt

Quicksilvers super speed- i like the idea of getting everything done uber fast

Pyro's fire mainpulation- ooo pretty

i think i'd have to double up pyro's power with wolvie's healing factor though as i'd expect to singe myself alot.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Clay

Post by Clay »

I would like to have the ability to spontaneously generate rotten tomatoes so I would have something to throw at cars that don't stop at crosswalks.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Pyrokinesis -- of the sort that causes focused-upon objects to explode, preferably with a decent range and not requiring line-of-sight.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Invisibily - Oh come on, obv stuff, girls locker rooms, sneak in to peoples rooms blah blah, but i should be able to turn anything I want invisible, like clothes, so I aint walkin round butt nekked

Teleportation - Agreed, would love to be able to teleport like Nightcrawler, would deffo need the noise tho

Telepathy - See what people really think of me, and find out if a girl I like and people have told me likes me actually does or not
Hound

Post by Hound »

I would love to be able to fly at high speeds, like not speed of sound fast but like faster than 100mph would be awesome. It would make all my travel problems disappear.

That and I'd be flying... I call anyone a liar who doesn't admit they'd love to be able to fly.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nate Grey I could deal with. Telekinesis is a good one, as you can basically get all kinds of **** from that, like invulnerability, super-strength and flight.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

pyrokinesis? aint heard of that one before but i like it! telekinesis would be awsome, it'd be like having the force...

only problem with telepathy though would be that i don't like the idea of everyones minds just shouting at you all the time!

i'd quite like Gambit's power...i could get to all sorts of mischief....like charging some pennies before dropping them into a hobo's hat, that'll teach em to ask me for change everytime i pass...

Hunter S.Thompson
Bouncelot
Protoform

Post by Bouncelot »

I'm not too bothered about being flashy, but I'd love some powers that would be useful in real life. Things like Wolvie's healing factor, or the ability to go without sleep indefinitely (think how much more I could get done...). Though it would be tempting to have a power I could use to get back at drivers who do stupid things like stop their car across the pedestrian crossing I'm trying to cross or don't know what their indicators are when I'm trying to cross the road next to a roundabout. Oh, and I've always liked the idea of phasing for some reason.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, that's what I'd like about TK, is that you could probably use it subtly - trip people over, get things from the other side of the room when no-one's looking, slam doors in people's faces.

I'd basically just use superpowers for totally petty reasons. That's how awesome I am.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

TK would be teh awesome. Partly for the reasons Cliffy stated (what can I say? I'm a bastard at heart), partly for the "oops, you spilt your drink... here, let me get you a new one" aspect...

Phasing would be cool. Even if I just used it at Christmas. I hate having to walk around ****ing idiots who decide that not looking where they're going gives them the right to cut across right in front of me, then blame me when I send them toppling over. Bastards.

But I opt for invisibility! Think how much money I could make as an assassin? Or I could just use it to get back at people I don't like. Pretty much all the fun aspects of telekenesis are there when you're invisible.

Possibly invisibility coupled with phasing. That would be teh stealth.
verytired

Post by verytired »

I'm trying to think of a less obvious one, but all I'm coming up with is shapeshifting and phasing: Two very cool and very useful powers (although falling asleep and losing control with either power raises questions).
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Some sort of mental control over people would be fun. I'd make Time and the Rani the best ever selling Doctor Who DVD for a laugh.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Cartography
-Alex???
Rollerdash
Protoform

Post by Rollerdash »

I always thought the way jedi/sith moved things with the "force" was cool, plus shooting lightning out of your fingers/ strangling someone with your mind had its ups.

if we are goin x-men tho

Morf: shapeshifter
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Aardvark
Cartography

Winner.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I've just been watching several episodes of Thundercats and I've realized I have to change my choice to the Sword of Omens. It can literally do anything. It's the ultimate plot device...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Hound
I've just been watching several episodes of Thundercats and I've realized I have to change my choice to the Sword of Omens. It can literally do anything. It's the ultimate plot device...

That's a sword, not a superpower! "Oh, I'd like the Luftwaffe."
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

If we're going for just one superpower , I think shapeshifting. Very versatile and über-useful ability.

I have to say, if someone was asking which superhero I'd most like to have the powers of? Martian Manhunter. Invisibility, flight, shapeshifting, density alteration, invulnerability, super strength, telepathy, telekinesis... that's just awesome.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

And the personality of a fridge :(
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Originally posted by Rollerdash
I always thought the way jedi/sith moved things with the "force" was cool, plus shooting lightning out of your fingers/ strangling someone with your mind had its ups.

if we are goin x-men tho

Morf: shapeshifter

if i was going for the shapeshifter option i'd have to opt for being an ultra-morph like Vincente or Paige Guthrie, i like the idea of being able to change physical matter/substance rather than just human appearence.

it'd suck to be Beak though...

Hunter S.Thompson