So... Why don't you play the TFArchive RPG?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

so, why not?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:43 am

I didn't know about it
33%
message board RPG's aren't good
33%
I don't like games in general
11%
never thought about it...
22%

Total votes: 9

verytired

So... Why don't you play the TFArchive RPG?

Post by verytired »

I was just wondering, mostly because alot of players have decided selfishly to have lives outside of the internet (damn them), why there aren't people beating down the door to play the game?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I don't have the time / inclination / lack of social skills patience to do it anymore.

Used to. Life got in the way. Keeping involved felt more like a chore than fun, and I can't be arsed to keep up with the backstory in order to get involved again. I find just thinking about it... well, tiring.

RPGs = not for me. I like to be able to disappear offline for a week without necessarily deciding in advance. Not that people generally waited for my input when I was playing... it's nice to find that, in the ten minutes you've been offline, somebody's advanced the game by a day because they couldn't wait...
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Two words...burn out.

I was one of the main people who started it and served as the de facto guide for the first couple years it existed. Eventually, I just needed to get away. I tried to come back last year, but found that the game and interacting with some of the players no longer appealed to me. In other words, change of interests.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

The poll option that goes - my computer is ancient and the stone tablets struggle with dial-up - is missing. My NEW!!! computer will be OK to try RPGing, once I sort out broadband, but most of my friends are insisting that I must take my bard to try EQ. Convince me, in about a month, to try TF RPG.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hound

Post by Hound »

I wouldn't want people to be dependent on wether or not I post. I would also not want to have to wait for other people to decide to post in order to continue playing. I'm just not really fond of the style of RPG we've got going here.

Now if we had a way to get a group of people together like once a week at a certain time and roll play for a couple of hours and someone to run the thing, I'd probably play.

That could be a lot of fun.
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

All the good characters are taken...which is such a blindingly obvious excuse that I'm surprised it's not an option on the poll thing.

That, and the whole RPG just seems so big and intimidating now that I'm afraid of blundering in and making mistakes about continuity.
Sig-image by DrEvil. He rules...
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Personally I find the backstory takes a lot of effort, and if I wanted to do it properly it'd take a lot of time up just catching up.
slartibartfast

a good ol' "i'd like to, but" reply

Post by slartibartfast »

ay ! i second that.. it did spark my interest for a while though, but i'm all RPG'd out at the moment with my ultra-cool tattooedwhitenigganinjateenager for naruto RPG... too much rpg kills the rpg.

that's why

edit : and i don't get out enough anyways-i need to avoid excuses to sit in front of the computer.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Hound
I wouldn't want people to be dependent on wether or not I post.

That's the big thing for me, too. That, and I'm usually so tired I can barely form coherent sentences anyway. That's why I post in GD now! :D
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Always been more interested in the fiction side of RPGs (mostly Forgotten Realms these days)... that and time / as Brend said, not leaving people hanging.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I stopped playing years ago and attempts to get back into it never really flew. Is interesting as from what I recall, I'm part of the reason it's there, from my first modding stint in 00-01ish I think.

I'm also a part of the reason for Seibertron's old RPG, I think... or did I just take it over for the brief period way back when? I recall G and I revamping the rules based on something Roddy-when-he-was-somewhat-less-creepy had going and that TFA is still following that format, from what I remember.

Eh, someone with a better memory could probably set that straight.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

1. Burn out.
2. Lack of time.
3. Lack of time to get to grips with the backstory.

In reverse order of importance, just to be contrary.

I tried playing in the BW RPG, but that shot off over my head and into the sunset too. I've now given it up as a lost cause.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

Looked at it once or twice. Never really liked RPGs through the net. I prefer seeing all the players in the same room.
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Because Warcry is a dirty Nazi whore!
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
verytired

Post by verytired »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot

But still a lovely one. :)

All good reasons really: but I can argue the back story one.
I recently got my wife interested in transformers, and got her logged on here (well, the logging on here started as coercion, but anyhoo...). I suggested she start playing the RPG, and she's taken too it really well. She says the best thing she did is just to ignore the back story, and start playing with fresh characters to get away with the initial ignorance.
Well, no, she didn't say that exactly, but there were words to that effect.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I don't gte it because I'd just cheat.

"Inflatable Dalek walks into room full of atractive wome. All their cloaths fall off. Instantly."
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
verytired

Post by verytired »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
I don't gte it because I'd just cheat.

"Inflatable Dalek walks into room full of atractive wome. All their cloaths fall off. Instantly."

This is the kind of gameplay we could do with, actually...
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot

Wait...Warcry is a WHORE?!?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
Wait...Warcry is a WHORE?!?

But a reasonably priced one.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Tried to play. No one cared. So I stopped caring, too.