My Reaction to "The End" Part 6 *May Contain Spoilers or Other Nuts*

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
RID Scourge

My Reaction to "The End" Part 6 *May Contain Spoilers or Other Nuts*

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm going to miss Thanos. I could really relate to the guy. We were both searching for a love we could never find (although it seems he finally got what he wanted). Also, we both lusted after power we knew we didn't deserve. Finally, we both seem to carry ourselves in the same way.

He died as a hero, rebuilding reality, but he didn't let himself be remembered as a hero.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Well, that whole issue was very confusing for me. I haven't read the Infinity Gauntlet, or any of the other stories featuring Thanos, and I have no idea who Adam Warlock is.

Either way, the series was interesting. A lot of philosophical discussion, which is interesting to see in a comic.
Hellion
Protoform

Re: My Reaction to "The End" Part 6 *May Contain Spoilers or Other Nuts*

Post by Hellion »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
I'm going to miss Thanos.
He died as a hero, rebuilding reality, but he didn't let himself be remembered as a hero.

I don't think it was a part of the official Marvel continuity, was it? ( i didn't read #6 yet, so.. )
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, I'm not exactly sure of who Warlock is, but he's been in Infinity Gauntlet, and Infinity Abyss (those are the only two I've really read). BTW, does anyone know what that story is where Thanos tries to destroy the universe, but gets destroyed by a "dead" Warlock? It had something to do with destroying a sun or something. It took place between the Cosmic Cube story and the Infinity Gauntlet. Also, if you have the name of the issues, that'd be excellent. Thanks.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

R.I.P. Thanos :(
Hellion
Protoform

Post by Hellion »

Well, I'm not exactly sure of who Warlock is, but he's been in Infinity Gauntlet, and Infinity Abyss (those are the only two I've really read). BTW, does anyone know what that story is where Thanos tries to destroy the universe, but gets destroyed by a "dead" Warlock? It had something to do with destroying a sun or something. It took place between the Cosmic Cube story and the Infinity Gauntlet. Also, if you have the name of the issues, that'd be excellent. Thanks.

It was a 2 part story in Avengers annual#7 & Marvel 2 in 1 Annual#2 Both in 1977.

You should also check Jim Starlin's run in Strange Tales# 178-181 for more on Warlock & Co.

All these stories were reprinted as a six issue Warlock limited series.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://www.flash.net/~jeanneb/w.html has a brief rundown on Adam as well :)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Thanks, guys.
Hellion
Protoform

Post by Hellion »

Looks like Thanos is going to get his own ongoing series in Oct.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Really? That's good news, but how're they gonna pull that off, seeing that he's dead, and by his own decree, death is permanent? Well, I'll buy it.
Hellion
Protoform

Post by Hellion »

The End series of Books ( MU & Hulk ) were Alternate Continuity stories , So Thanos is still alive in the real Marvel U.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

oh. coo.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

There's an interview with Jim Starlin about the new series at Newsarama.

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread. ... eadid=4726
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm sure Thanos was killed by Warlock [no, not that one...] in the MU at one point too - or was it just some bollocks about being trapped in an infinity gem? I hated that cosmic ****.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

From what I gather from the explaination in Infinity Gauntlet, he was turned to stone by Warlock (who had been presumed dead), and Death resurrected him to kill half the universe because she percieved an imbalance between life and death.
Hellion
Protoform

Post by Hellion »

From what I gather from the explaination in Infinity Gauntlet, he was turned to stone by Warlock (who had been presumed dead), and Death resurrected him to kill half the universe because she percieved an imbalance between life and death.

Well, it's a little confusing, Thanos & Warlock both "Died" in the same 2 part storyline i'm not sure if it was in the same issue though ,From what i remember here's what happened: Thanos killed Warlock in mid story, Then Warlock's spirit/soul came out of the Soul Jem & turned Thanos into a statue by the end of the story & they remained dead until they were resurrected in 1990 ( although thanos was temporarily resurrected in "The Death of Captain Marvel" Graphic novel )