So...Macross Frontier totally rocks, doesn't it?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Knightdramon
Protoform

So...Macross Frontier totally rocks, doesn't it?

Post by Knightdramon »

----Be aware there might be spoilers----

Being an average macross fan, watching the newest series took quite a backseat to other anime

Code: Select all

. I'm almost ashamed I took so long.

Up to episode 13 so far, at first some things were quite predictable but now I'm loving it. The mecha fighting is good and well played out and the interaction episodes are very enjoyable. After zero, plus and 7, it was quite welcoming to see another four core cast skull team, their signature colours dating back to "do you remember love?". 

Hiroshi Kamiya is once again fantastic in the role he reprises [at least so far], but Alto's voice actor isn't that far off either. 

The opening and ending songs are very, very good, topping 00's season 1 and most of CG's songs. Was never a fan of insert songs or songs in macross universe generally, but this has changed.

Anybody else has watched the series and would like to discuss? No spoilers please until I finish the series.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

The series is awesome, the last few episodes are some of the best in Macross history, and some of the best Giant Robot Battles I've seen (I will say this: "Icarus Attack!!!")

If you're on 13, you should be getting close to 1 reason, this series will never hit North Am stations: Sheryl + Alto + Locker + Cell Phone.

Honnestly, the series was well done. It's neat when they're not trying to overly sell a toy series, and let it be character driven.
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Macross [or Robotech...grin] has always been up there on my list of animes that must be watched. Frontier gets very very good.

Anything else I say may be a spoiler, so I'm backing away now...
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

It's okay, I've finished the series a day after that post :p

Really well done, the very last battle that had the VF-25 and the VF-27 [I think, Brera's purple bird] and the mixed songs playing in the background was all sorts of epic.

Congratulations kawamori, after the crap that was macross zero, you brought the series back to plus levels.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
bowspearer

Post by bowspearer »

Actually I disagree on 0. Zero was always about setting up a prequel, and without giving too much away, Zero sets up alot of the backstory for Frontier, including 2 of the main characters. Sure it was cerebral, but so much of it will make sense by the end of Frontier.

Andy yeah, Frontier rocked, mind you I'm not sure you'll ever see it dubbed (sadly) due to possible licensing issues. Man I hope I'm wrong on that score though.