Alternators... Swerve? Red Corvette? WTF?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Alternators... Swerve? Red Corvette? WTF?

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

If it's not an exclusive I'll be disappointed somewhat (even if that would mean I missi out due to geographical handicaps). Why would hasbro choose to do another remould of Tracks? He's the least posable and most difficult to transform in the whole line (although I'm yet to purchase Grimlock and Windcharger). They must figure we're all tigers for punishment...:rolleyes:
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Almighty Galvatron
If it's not an exclusive I'll be disappointed somewhat (even if that would mean I missi out due to geographical handicaps). Why would hasbro choose to do another remould of Tracks? He's the least posable and most difficult to transform in the whole line (although I'm yet to purchase Grimlock and Windcharger). They must figure we're all tigers for punishment...:rolleyes:

you mean hes less poseable than the sh*tbrick that is sideswipe?
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Apart from issues with the feet I have nothing against Sideswipe. Tracks wins the contest for my least favourite Alternator based on his dog's breakfast of a transformation.

Post by guest »

the tracks mold rocks and has alot more possability that sideswipe/deadend or hound/swindle and his transformation was not nearly as annoying as grimmy. I can't wait to see it in robot mode. i only wish they would have remolded it into the new C6 vette. *AND PLEASE MAKE KUPP A CHEVY SSR*
ABe
Protoform

Post by ABe »

Oh well, I'm happy that we're getting this new red vette ^_^

Otherwise I wouldn't be getting anything based on the corvette mold ie. The black kitty-bot version is really nice except for the head, I like the yellow tracks better despite him being blue and all originally but the only way to get that is to find money I don't have for the binaltech version.

Besides the fact that I think they totally irked up the legs with the whole bonnet hanging down the back making him look weird, I'd still like to get this so I have one of each mold.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I can see this becoming a stock mould along the lines of RiD Prowl.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Think I'll pass. Getting Ravage.
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

That make three Corvettes, and two Mustangs I will have. My wallet will be hurting!
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
Prime Maximus
Protoform

Post by Prime Maximus »

I think the whole alternator line is getting out of hand for me at this point. Remolds after remolds, I mean come on now, they are plenty of cars out there that could be used. If someone tells me its because of licensing issues, I have to go with it but still its some 'ish to me.

Then they want to do a comic or cartoon based on this? I don't like it because too many similar cars.
Cyclone_X
Protoform

Post by Cyclone_X »

weren't we supposed to get jets and stuff? and first a Prowl Acura? (thats the last new mold we havent seen in close up yet I think)

and WHY 3 different TFs as the same Corvette?

but I am weak, I know I will buy the BT version anyway
BTFA, 2 year anniversary
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I think I may actually have the willpower to pass on this one. The Tracks mold is one of the worst of the Alternators because of the legs and awkward transformation.
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

The Tracks mold is one of the worst of the Alternators because of the legs and awkward transformation.

Glad someone agrees with me on these points.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Tracks/Battle Ravage < Hound/Swindle < Side Swipe/Dead End.

Grimlock is a class of his own.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cyclone_X
Protoform

Post by Cyclone_X »

Originally posted by Almighty Galvatron

Glad someone agrees with me on these points. [/B]

*raises hand

Tracks isnt my favourite mold either, but I just swore to myself to get 1 of each BT number
BTFA, 2 year anniversary
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Whilst I think that owning four variations of the same toy is excessive, I will buy this little red Corvette, and I shall call it Prince. I will then group Ravage and the two Tracks' together and call them The Revolution, or the New Power Whatever. Or something.

w00tness.
Cyclone_X
Protoform

Post by Cyclone_X »

I was thinking (it happens sometimes)
if they can do a thrid corvette TF, then why not Sunstreaker or Trailbreaker? all they have to do is recolor them

and I'm sure that Swerve wont look like anything remotelyclose to his old toy/cartoon/comic version (unless Takara comes with another name that makes more sense)
BTFA, 2 year anniversary
JoeStatix
Protoform

Great Line but the cars are getting stale.

Post by JoeStatix »

If It was me and I was doing the alternators Line I would either get the license from Mack trucks (any good semi truck company would do Im not a trucker I dont really care) and do an Optimus, Rodimus, Scourge, or Ultra Magnus to refresh the line of vehicles. Heck even if they did them based on a regular pickup truck (preferably super duty and One of the American big three). Sure the 20th anniversery Prime was great but it was a stand alone figure not an official part of the line. I'm just trying to come up with something for this line because I dont know about where your from, but in my area ( Detroit Michigan) I picked up a Side Swipe for $5.00 and Smoke Screen for $10.00 on clearance because they are collecting dust on the shelves.

P.S. and on the lighter side (joke joke) Go back to the old school of megatron get a License and make megatron into a life size desert eagle or some thing.
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

Red is my favourite color for the 'Vette anyway.

Just have to talk the Mrs. into letting me get it...I'm not going to hold my breath though.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I dunno. If you hold your breath long enough to pass out, she might realize how serious you are about getting it . . . ;)

Or you could attempt to win as many points as you can in the next few months (V-Day's a good start) and use them for that . . .