AHM #12 Variant Cover

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Hennessy
Protoform

AHM #12 Variant Cover

Post by Hennessy »

borg72

Post by borg72 »

by the name of all that's even remotely holy - which includes my socks after the cats been at them - please tell me the lettering is a placeholder. As it is, it looks like its been hand drawn by a child.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

It is a tribute/homage to Amazing Spider-man issue #50 if my memory serves me correctly, and the lettering looks like that on the comic it is a homage to. Don't be such a prat, if you don't have comic knowledge then at least research it before you bash it, it looks really nice in my opinion. I've never read any of these comics but its a really neat tribute, much like the Killing Joke one they did before.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

EDIT

Oh, never mind. You didnt realise that I wasnt able to get to the blog post earlier; and I had such a blinding reposte, too. I stand corrected as to the source material.

But I still think it's still crappy lettering, however deliberate.

EDITY EDIT:

And I'd ask you to refrain from making personal insults
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I didn't read any blog post, I just knew that it was a homage to Spidey. And I didn't insult you, I told you not to be a prat. An insult would have been to say something along the lines of, "You ignorant prat you are ignorant and should kill yourself." ;)

Or alternatively this would be considered a personal insult....
borg72 wrote:it looks like its been hand drawn by a child.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Ackula wrote:I didn't read any blog post, I just knew that it was a homage to Spidey. And I didn't insult you, I told you not to be a prat. An insult would have been to say something along the lines of, "You ignorant prat you are ignorant and should kill yourself." ;)
you could have at least referred to me directly as 'not a true fan'; then I would have had a line on my game of 'internet forum argument bingo'.... but I suppose that's my punishment for not having an intimate knowledge of every other marvel comic cover from every previous era. Honest sir, I'll do better next time...

but of course the smiley makes it all better ;) ...doesn't it?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

All Fail Megatron?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Didn't Maximum Dinobots do that homage first (the "-no more" thing anyway)?

What would absolutely rock would if if the cover is refelctive of the story and the whole thing turns out to be a Two Megatrons remake.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

borg72 wrote:not having an intimate knowledge of every other marvel comic cover from every previous era.
Neither have I -- haven't read many 80s comics and previous, and dislike Spider-Man -- but the style's unmistakably old Marvel, unlike Don's FF homage that changes the composition to the extent the rising Devastator is the main suggestion.

Of course, signing the thing 'after Romita' might be a bit of a clue... ring any bells? Terrible artist, held in little regard.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

borg72 wrote:you could have at least referred to me directly as 'not a true fan'; then I would have had a line on my game of 'internet forum argument bingo'.... but I suppose that's my punishment for not having an intimate knowledge of every other marvel comic cover from every previous era.
I'm not calling anyone "not a true fan". Hell I've never even read any AHM comics. And I certainly don't have intimate knowledge of every Marvel comic cover either, but this is a fairly famous comic cover that is being homaged, and it is fairly distinctive in style.

I think you need to develop thicker skin before you fall into one of several categories of previous members that were unable to make it here. This is after all, just the internet. ;)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ackula wrote:I've never read any of these comics but its a really neat tribute, much like the Killing Joke one they did before.
Ditto. I adore the Killing Joke cover.

I like the fact that they're referencing old covers.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

:up: That's one I must add to the comic collection; the 'Killing Joke' tribute cover is awsome and, together, they make a nice pair.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]