Beasts of the Mesozoic Kickstarter

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Beasts of the Mesozoic Kickstarter

Post by Sades »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99 ... ion-figure

Just gorgeous. Shipping though, ouch.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Shipping always drives me off whenever I look at an action figure Kickstarter. There's been a lot of cool stuff that I end up having to scoff at because they're under the impression that it costs $50 to ship a single figure to Canada. I don't know if that's a problem with the Kickstarter framework or if the individual sellers I've looked at are just nuts.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Plus the probability of getting hit by customs (in the UK, at least).

Nice find though! I'm toying with the idea of a Tsaagan, just not sure whether it's worth it for the articulation and very nice colour scheme... particularly when Papo and others are starting to do nice feathered stuff;

http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/bl ... 2016/01/23

But watching the assembly vid for the velociraptor there's a lot of figure. And the Tsaagan does look like a cross between a terror bird and an inquisitive dog.

Hmm...
Sades

Post by Sades »

They're all gorgeous. As spending money has come and gone, I opted for the postcards. I really love the art.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that shipping. According to the Kickstarter page:
Why is shipping the same for Canada as it is everywhere else when we're so close to the United States?

International shipping rates here in the US have gone up in recent months and it now costs about the same to ship to Canada as it does to ship to the other side of the world. I'm not sure why, but that's what I have to work with. The International shipping rates being charged here are actually a little lower than they should be.
Denyer wrote:particularly when Papo and others are starting to do nice feathered stuff
There's a feathered T-Rex I was interested in out there somewhere, I've forgotten which company does it but I'm sure it's just a Google search away.

edit: thar it be: http://www.collecta.biz/en/collections/ ... life/88717
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nice and chicken-y.

I'm in for one, but expecting all sorts of issues and delays based on previous toy development crowd-funding.

Considering that stuff has to travel so far internationally anyway it's a shame they haven't given thought to more direct European/other distribution.