Teaser Images Of Summer 2004 TF One Shots

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

Teaser Images Of Summer 2004 TF One Shots

Post by Bombshell »

SOMETHING BIG IS ABOUT TO SHAKE UP THE WORLD OF TRANSFORMERS
Here's three hints... But you're going to have to wait to see what they mean.

COMING TO A COMIC BOOK STORE NEAR YOU THIS SUMMER 2004
Don't worry, summer's only a FEW months away.

http://www.dreamwaveprod.com for more clues.

Beast Wars

Robots In Disguise

Micromasters
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Micromasters?

But no complaints here, especially about that Beast Wars comic.:)
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Nice to see Dreamwave is finally branching out a bit. Let's just hope Beast Wars doesn't totally suck.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Originally posted by fort_max
Nice to see Dreamwave is finally branching out a bit. Let's just hope Beast Wars doesn't totally suck.

Wow...beast wars? I'm sure Pat lee is going to enjoy putting genitalia on them :P
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by deej
Wow...beast wars? I'm sure Pat lee is going to enjoy putting genitalia on them :P

Too much kibble!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Too much kibble!

:laugh:

Too good!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ooooh wow. A big alternate reality storyline across one-shots, no doubt featuring a) Unicron and b) that old parallel reality staple, someone calling "Grimlock!" and having three different people go "yes".

Forgive me for being skeptical, but I've compared DW's promotional material to their actual storytelling abilities before, and it hasn't been favourable. Isn't every ****ing single one of their comics apparently about to "shake up the world of the Transformers"? Y'know, like every other month is Transformers books as no-one buys their other titles.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Might get the Micromasters one. If I hear good things, I'll get the BW one. No way am I touching RiD...
Blacknife
Protoform

Post by Blacknife »

Oh yeah, I'm all for this. Though, I have to wonder about the golden disc on BOTH Micromasters and Beast Wars.
It seems, the G1-BW as being co-running at the same time is a definitive given.
Though, I hope Micromasters are given their dues rather than just being a tossed in equation to lead up to Beast Wars.
Also, it will be interesting to see how Mick and Patyk {sp?} will do Micromasters.

I view this as a possible setup for comparison to G1.
Sort of like the difference between Sarracini in G1 to Armada.
I can finally see if Mick's "rehash" writing is "ordered' or not.
After all, I don't think the idle hands that controlled the first volume are completely gone.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I'll probably get bw and see what I hear about the rest
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Beast Wars I understand Robots In Disguise I understand but
why would anyone put a series out on the Micromasters?
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
Beast Wars I understand Robots In Disguise I understand but
why would anyone put a series out on the Micromasters?

You understand RID? Eee gaad! You sure you feeling okay?

The only one worth picking up is BW. Nuff said.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

bah. I'll grab em all... if for no other reason than to support CERTAIN artists.. and colorists... and yes, that does mean even if **** lee is doing the pencils, and my friend is doing colors, I'll still buy it. Oh... and as...cynical as this is gonna sound... don't rip pat apart... as much. I'm sick of non-artists rippin ghim apart when they can't even pick up a pencil and do more than stick figures! Be grateful his stupid arse bothered to even pick the property back up! Or would you rather just have G1 drifted off into the black hole of oblivion?
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Fools! Branching out and expanding on characters that nobody has touched is what Transformers is supposed to be all about. Micromasters is going to be great!
fourth_heir
Protoform

Post by fourth_heir »

I've always had a soft spot for the Micromasters (the Minicons are now occupying the spot next-door!) so it's good to see them getting some proper attention again. According to DW's MTMTE #8 "the Micromasters splintered into violent, anarchic gangs that roamed the growing wastelands between Cybertron's rapidly diminishing cities." - could be an interesting story. It should certainly be different since such characters probably wouldn't be concerning themselves with the major political events on Cybertron or any world-shattering occurances like the arrival of Unicron or the Fallen.
Visit my website to see my latest fanart (updated April 10th 2007)... http://www.freewebs.com/fourth_heir/
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
Fools! Branching out and expanding on characters that nobody has touched is what Transformers is supposed to be all about. Micromasters is going to be great!

Because DW have a grasp of what Transformers is all about. Not a good grasp, in fact a grasp summed up as "$$$". No, wait...

Seriously, are you really expecting a character essay on, say, Dropshot from a DW one-shot?
Originally posted by God Ginrai
bah. I'll grab em all... if for no other reason than to support CERTAIN artists.. and colorists... and yes, that does mean even if **** lee is doing the pencils, and my friend is doing colors, I'll still buy it. Oh... and as...cynical as this is gonna sound... don't rip pat apart... as much. I'm sick of non-artists rippin ghim apart when they can't even pick up a pencil and do more than stick figures! Be grateful his stupid arse bothered to even pick the property back up! Or would you rather just have G1 drifted off into the black hole of oblivion?
Just to dissect that fascinating gang-rape of the English language... are you being sarcastic or what? You call Pat Lee a "****" then defend him? And why should artists be the only ones to criticise art? In my book, if you spend money on something, anything, you are within your rights to criticise it. It doesn't matter whether I, or anyone else, can draw; it's irrelevant. Just because someone can't better something doesn't mean they can't dislike it. Are you grateful Delbo drew Transformers? Or Akom? And I can't see 'G1' being particularly badly off without Lee. He and Dreamwave were in the right place at the right time.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, Cliffy, you beat me to the punch. Of course, I would have simply answered his last question with a yes . . .

For the G1 fans, I enjoyed the original comic and the toys, but you just have to accept that it's over for the most part. Sure, you can get reissues, DVDs of the old cartoon and new comics, but only one of those three has [disputably] new material.

I really wouldn't have cared if the original series wasn't resurrected, and the only stories told were from Armada/Energon. Those are the toys that they're trying to sell to kids these days. The only reason that they're doing reissues is that they saw how well they went over in Japan. If any sereis should have been revived, my vote would go to Beast Wars, but even that ship has sailed.

Bottom line: Get over it. There are other stories to be told.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Damn... I didn't realize it was just a one shot. Thought it would be a 6 issue mini. I really should pay more attention to certain things.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by God Jinrai
I'm sick of non-artists rippin ghim apart when they can't even pick up a pencil and do more than stick figures!

Do I have to be a cook in order to be allowed to say that the soup is too salty?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

I´m carefully positive about these news.

First it´s great to see BW in a comic media. Here´s hoping for an original stroyline. They´d better not blow this chance.

Second, story about an untold era (during big shutdown) introducing micromasters could prove to produce more original, new storyline. I´m worried about Brad Mick´s storytelling abilities, but maybe this Adam Patyk can bring in originality that Mick´s stories need.

Plus if there´s a connection (propable because golden disc is on both covers), I´m for a change to see something I want to be carried to the story from fandom speculation.

I´ll propably buy the RiD one-shot, because I like the characters.