Anyone remember "Dinosaurs Attack!" cards?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sir Auros

Anyone remember "Dinosaurs Attack!" cards?

Post by Sir Auros »

http://www.fscwv.edu/users/rheffner/dinoweb/a_dino.htm

Man were those things awesome. So gory, so traumatizing to my 6 year-old self. My parents bought several packs for me apparently without realizing just what they were and only noticing that there were dinosaurs on the cards. Got some of them for Christmas as I recall.
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

I had a similar experince. One year for Easter, my parents bought me a pack of Magic cards. They were pretty messed up and considering I was 7, the cards soon meet Mr. Trash-can and Mr. Tiolet.
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Oh my!

I've never seen those before (must've been a USA thing) but just the thought of parents giving their children cards that like those with names like "The Colonel... Shredded", "D.C Holocaust" or "Our Forces Flattened" just gives an uncontrollable urge to laugh my arse out. Pure classic! I just wonder homw many parents actually got fooled by those during the time.

But the site did give me some confort. If giant lizards would ever try to take over our world I can rest assured knowing that Stone Cold, The Rock and Undertaker can take care of it.

Thanks D!
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Wow, looks like they were based on the Mars Attacks series of cards...
Never saw those, the only cards I had as a kid were Garbage Pail Kids. And lordy, did I have a lot of GPK cards... :D

Edit: Yup, both made by Topps.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

http://www.fscwv.edu/users/rheffner/dinoweb/front27.htm

I would have loved this stuff as a kid!