The Invaders!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

The Invaders!

Post by Cliffjumper »

God, after what feels like years, a Marvel book that isn't utter, utter crap. And it's a new one! Damn good fun. It's a nice slice of old-school Marvel with an edge, with some excellent second-string characters - the Union Jack is getting the regular book he finally deserves, and thank God - not only is the right honourable Jack Daniels back in action, but he no longer thinks he's Judge Dredd. Even Namor's not a complete wanker. Buy it. No, better, buy two copies, and send one to whatever half-arsed piece of crap's writing The Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America etc. this month and show them how it's done.
Halfshell

Re: The Invaders!

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
God, after what feels like years, a Marvel book that isn't utter, utter crap.

Exiles!

Okay, it's taken a downturn since they changed writer and dumped two of my favourite characters in favour of a waste of space and an "interesting" (to the writer, maybe...) take on one of the most over-rated characters ever.

But they're still dropping intriguing hints that show they've not forgotten the ongoing story arc.

BUY IT!!!!

Actually, no. Go back and buy the trades and read it all in order. More sense that way!
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

dont worry too much about the other ongoing marvel super hero titles cliffy....

bendis' run wont seem as bad when he gets to write his neo-avengers come november..

warren ellis is doing ironman and ed brubaker is gonna be doin' cap. also the T-bolts are returning then... I sense an overall increase in quality for november.

Invaders are good huh? I never bothered to check it out after reading U.S. agent carries a shield with the 9/11 names on it and invades a fictional middle east country.....sounded alot worse than the "revenge fantasies" of cap at the time. But i havent actually picked up the book though...so i guess ill have to chekc it out sometime.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh... good thing was they didn't overplay that [it's in 2 frames], and also it fits with Walker's nationalism, whereas Steve was always meant to be patriotic, but not a Bush super-trooper...

Ellis on Iron Man? God, that's tempting. IM hasn't been readable since Busiek left...