Actual Miracleman reviews!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Actual Miracleman reviews!

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://counter-x.net/comics/mm/index.html

Yep, I've got off my high horse, and instead of lambasting sites whose Miracleman sections concentrate entirely on legal fidgywidgyness, I've done one which only partly concentrates on it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Will read it, promise. Got a bunch of stuff to write before I can though.

http://counter-x.net/comics/mm/checklist/

^ Get some table lines on this? Bit confusing visually.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

...looks rather clunky with, I felt. Should be clearer now though - cheers :)
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Can't read it now either but will later for sure. What I noticed after quick glance is that link to Olympus leads back to the index instead of the review of that book.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The Spider section is absolutely fantastic as well. I rather like the fact a Mr. Spock lookalike (allright, stricktly speaking Spock is a Spider lookalike as he predates the green blooded one) winding up in Vulcan magazine.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Ozz
Can't read it now either but will later for sure. What I noticed after quick glance is that link to Olympus leads back to the index instead of the review of that book.

Fixed :)

And yeh, the Spider's fantastic when the villain's right.
inflatable dalek

I brought ther Captain Britain trade today based on the scans of the latter stuff on your site. The Primeminister has been kidnapped! :eek:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

God, the stuff in that trade is sh!t for the most part... Claremont's material was going somewhere, albeit at the kind of rate where it would have taken 15 years to do anything, and Gary Friedirch was too busy crying into his whisky over Ghost Rider to bother trying anything new, so we end up with Captain America But With St. Pauls In The Background. Wetbrained alcoholics whose main contribution to comics is sticking the Blazing Skull on a motorbike should be shot in the face, not given work. There should also be a law that only people with the Moore TPB should be allowed to buy "Birth of a Hero"
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
God, the stuff in that trade is sh!t for the most part...

I have every issue of the transformers comic, including Child's Play! and (the original) End of the Road!. I guess I like Sh!t deep down inside. It would certainly explain my last girlfriend.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

This Birth of a Hero TPB... on which story does it end? The one Cliffy put on his page some time ago (when Brian and Dai stop that ship from going to Africa) or are the following issues (fake Loch Ness monster, the vampire stuff, the Island of Dr Claw, first Slaymaster) in the book too?
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It stops suddenly halfway through the Red Skull arc, with #23 (I think the last colour issue). Which is a bit crappy, but at least means we're getting a second volume - #24-39, the Super Spider-Man stories and MTU #65-66 would make it roughly symmetrical, though I'm not basing that on anything more than guesswork.

Then hopefully it'll be Otherworld and Crooked World in one book. Are Marvel that smart? Doubt it, seeing as they'd rather have the start of the Jasper's Warp TPB make very little sense than use a little intelligence...
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

It would hard to end on the "end" of Red Skull story, as it transits into next arc in the middle of an issue, IIRC.

I thought it was Panini doing this reprint, not Marvel? Which I guess might be the reason why this TPB isn't available on US Amazon.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Well done, all around. Started out reading just the "A Dream of Flying" review, and wound up reading everything there.

Top notch.:)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Thank ye kindly :)
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Ozz
I thought it was Panini doing this reprint, not Marvel? Which I guess might be the reason why this TPB isn't available on US Amazon.

Indeed, though the book has the Marvel logo all over it and uses the same design scheme as various Marvel trades the small print on the credits page reveal it is indeed a Panini book. It's not entirely without precedent- Doctor Who Magazine continued using the MArvel logo untill 1999 despite the takeover happening around the time of G2. What's odd is that the Panini trades of DWM comic strips are put out under the Panini banner despite also originally being printed by Marvel UK (and the Who and Britian collections share designer, who also did some lettering on the B&W UK TF strips).