The Future of IDW "Transformers"

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grayfox
Protoform

The Future of IDW "Transformers"

Post by Grayfox »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=34521

Some art from upcoming issues. On one of the we can se "Deceptigod".

Watch out for spoilers thou.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

I like this line.
Mike's been playing a long game with this story, with a lot of pieces that fall into place in 'Chaos.' But you don't need all the pieces to read 'Chaos.
Yes! All Costa's prior works are just waste.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Interesting images. Reinterpretations (they are new images, right?) of moments in IDW's continuity, Megs and Prime's fight in Brasnya for example.

Still not particularly excited about any of this though.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

StarscreamX
Protoform

Post by StarscreamX »

SPOILER! (select to read)
So Galvatron's plan is to destroy Cybertron? As that completely contradicts the ending of Heart of Darkness it seems that it really IS being ignored and all that D-Void bollocks is as well. I'd love it if it turns out D-Void is just some big made up load of nonsense Galvatron invented to get his army on side and the whole time he's just been manipulating them because he's really just a power mad nutter who enjoys blowing up planets. The Deceptigod manages to look both kind of ridiculous and kind of awesome

And the Decepticons are on Cybertron? I guess they've followed the Autobots to try and free Megatron. Ravage versus Bob the Insecticon is adorable. And Soundwave is back and walking around again. And hey look Brawn is in the Last Story on Earth! Let's see if Costa can NOT write the Combaticons as morons this time
Decepticons forever!

Across the universe...the dead will rise :devil:

The secrets of the Universe reveal themselves to those who listen

Nobody likes you when you're dead
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

StarscreamX wrote:<snip dumb ass post>
Hey, ****er, how about some spoiler tags!!!
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Good call - please tread carefully, everyone, and bear in mind some people might still be waiting for the most recent issues.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

In fairness to starscream X, the thread title is the future of IDW transformers. Reasonable enough to expect some spoilering to be involved.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote:The future of IDW.
Amen to that brother, Amen to that.
From the article wrote:Barber then gave a brief history of the Transformers' continuity at IDW, noting that their story has spanned back to "dinosaurs and Dinobots," and even further into prehistory.
So since I gave up reading the comics have they actually gone back to the age of the Dinosaurs (and even further!) or is this just an attempt at a cool sounding quote that's complete bollocks and also hints we've another editor who hasn't really been paying attention to things (what Spotlight Shockwave being set a very, very long time after the Dinosaurs went extinct).

I know, needlessly pissy and cynical but (based on the feature):

SPOILER! (select to read)
The ultimate Big Bad that's going to close off Costa's run, the fiendish Nemesis that everyone has to come together to stop is... An unusually big combiner? Called the Deceptigod? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Red Dave Prime wrote:In fairness to starscream X, the thread title is the future of IDW transformers. Reasonable enough to expect some spoilering to be involved.
Nah, it could be anything - "We've got six months and then the license goes", "We've fired everyone and just wired a computer up to Roberts' frontal lobes", "We were Dreamwave all along, the 'I' stands for 'Incognito' and you've given us more money mwahahahaha we ARE Pat Lee", etc, etc.

No harm in slapping spoiler tags around stuff to be on the safe side. :)
ΩΩΩ

Post by ΩΩΩ »

Quite. I honestly came into this thread hoping the body of the initial post would say "bankruptcy."