G1 Ongoing #2/Energon #20 Preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

G1 Ongoing #2 Preview

Post by Bombshell »

The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

I'm just stabbing a guess because i have no idea who the glowing plane dude is because i think i saw starscream fighting against it, but is it sunstorm?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by The Dark Optimus Prime
I'm just stabbing a guess because i have no idea who the glowing plane dude is because i think i saw starscream fighting against it, but is it sunstorm?

Yes. :)
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I'm guessing that Sunstorm absorbs energy into some kind of weapon.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
I'm guessing that Sunstorm absorbs energy into some kind of weapon.

Probably.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

too many seekers with special abilities :wall: ouch my head
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by The Dark Optimus Prime
too many seekers with special abilities :wall: ouch my head

Ah, but this one actually remembers his special ability exists, and can use it without having to ask permission, thus making him infinitely superior to both Starscream and Skywarp.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

thus making him infinitely superior to both Starscream and Skywarp.

i donno about that, now while i feel rather pathetic that i dont know what starscreams power is :sweatdrop: they definatly DO use skywarps power from time to time, one example is in #1 of the War and Peace Saga hes fighting with ironhide and teleports to shoot ironhide in the back
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Starscream's power is his null ray, a weapon that can render any bot inert with a single blast. A weapon he forgot he had in all but two episodes (that I can remember).

In MTMTE (iirc), Skywarp had to ask Megatron for permission to teleport. Assuming he felt the need to do this all the time, his power would have been rendered pretty well useless if not within earshot of Megatron.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

thats pretty pathetic, sounds like skywarp needs some time away from megatron
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

since when have any of the g1 tf comics (present or past) followed the same rules as the cartoon series.

Marvel openly said in one of the uk g1 tf issues (letters pages) that their stories were set in another reality to the g1 cartoon. That way they could come up with some good story lines.

Dreamwave have also said this in their letters column. They are rewriting the g1 in their own vision. Bringing it more up to date and using fresh ideas.

But, for debate sake - Megatron is not around at the moment so the seekers can do what they like regarding their special powers and sunstorm was created after megatron had left for earth so doesnt need to ask permission to use his abilities (in the cartoon skywarp asked permission to use his teleport power just like a soldier would ask permission from his commanding officer ie rank status).
Also, it seems that sunstorm has his own agenda (probably why he was captured and put in stasis i think) so my guess is that he has seperated all ties with the decepticons and has started on his own personal "crusade" of wiping out everything that stands i his way.
It wouldnt suprise me if the autobots and decepticons team up (again) to fight him in the end and use his own power against him which is normally the way it has gone in the past.

only time will tell :p
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Rookwise
since when have any of the g1 tf comics (present or past) followed the same rules as the cartoon series.
Never said they did.
Marvel openly said in one of the uk g1 tf issues (letters pages) that their stories were set in another reality to the g1 cartoon. That way they could come up with some good story lines.
Yes, I know. It was a joke.
Dreamwave...fresh ideas.
:laugh:

Good one.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

ok, maybe dreamwave were in the right place at the right time. At least we've got TF stories back (compaired to the recent churn out of cartoons)
Or would you prefer it if they did'nt do anything at all and all the new found popularity just disappeared and TF's were never heard of again ?
Here in the uk hasbro churn out only certain figures, we dont get any exclusives. Any TF related comics/books are hard to come by. In most places you pay nearly £5 per comic.
To me, the little jibes people have about dreamwave are petty, they've bought the TF's back into the spotlight. If they stayed to the origonal formula that past comics had, the stories would'nt be as good (out of date).
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

While I am happy to see the popularity Transformers is enjoying again, I do have to take issue with the 'at least they're putting out something' attitude.

If a company like Dreamwave thinks they can get away with phoning it in, they will try. We, as fans, have to hold them to a higher standard, or it will only continue to get worse.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

true, good point. just think that some people are grateful that someone is actually making stories about them again. even if they are just milking the theme
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Quick question: Would you read X-men if Marvel were doing the same thing that DW has done with Transformers? Or Spider-man? Or Batman?
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

what ? re-inventing them ? updating the stories ? Marvel does that every couple of weeks !!!
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

sorry. that should have been months these days.:wall:
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Lifting storylines and passing them off as 'homage'. Cramming every page with useless, distracting cameos. Using hackneyed characterizations that were stale in the eighties. Killing characters for no reason, only to have them return an issue later.

You know. Everything Marvel has been doing since Quesada took over.

Would you read it if it were a Marvel or DC character and not Transformers?
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

i already do read marvel and dc. but not as much anymore. yes, they do keep reinventing the characters every so often (hang on a min - the words optimus prime-dead,alive,dead,alive etc keep appearing. theyve been doin it with tf's all this time since the origonal 80's comics and nobody really bothers on that one)
i prefer tf though. i grew up with them from the age of 5. from the very first cartoon episode/comic up to the present (am 26 now). before that it was the dreadful go-bots(too painful a memory):(