Is premarital sex wrong?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Is premarital sex wrong?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:42 am

Yes
5%
No
45%
Jim, your going to regret making this topic...
50%

Total votes: 86

Jim

Is premarital sex wrong?

Post by Jim »

Does anyone have any issues against premarital sex? Personally, I don't see whats wrong, but I'd love to hear reasons people think it is wrong. :eyebrow:
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

You're gonna regret this when a certain sexually confused canadian wanders in here and thumps the bible in our general directions....

I will say no, it's not, BUT that's dependent on certain things. I think that it should be in a worthwhile relationship, because if you have one-night stands and sh*t like that, or hell, even sleep with a bunch of people in short relationships that you don't care about, then it WILL affect you later on. Someday when you've found someone you want to settle down with, you (and that person) will regret all that sex. However, it is different if you're settling down and you had sex with a few people that you really cared about, yeah, I know it sounds a little contradictory, but trust me, it's true for most people. I don't look down on people who have it in any form though, so if you want to, more power to you, just don't try to get into a relationship with me or anyone like me if you do :)
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

If you love the person then no, there is no reason not to love is 60% emotion and 40% physical. You can not hold a great realtionship but not be intimate somtimes.

Oh and Jim when Sheba gets on this thread is dead.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

No, it's not wrong as long as no one gets hurt, even in the case of casual sex with someone you don't know [aint nothing wrong, you just have to be careful by double baggin' it (don't be cheap ya bastid, the extra protection is worth the cost of a second condom), and make sure its clear that you're not looking for anything more than one night].
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
No, it's not wrong as long as no one gets hurt, even in the case of casual sex with someone you don't know [aint nothing wrong, you just have to be careful by double baggin' it (don't be cheap ya bastid, the extra protection is worth the cost of a second condom), and make sure its clear that you're not looking for anything more than one night].

1-Considering all the hubbub you started about me questioning the Catholic church...I find it exceedingly funny that you a-endorse casual sex and b-endorse birth control...and it's improper use, which lead me to number...

2!-Safe Sex Tip #1 kiddies (for the half dozen or so of you that will actually have sex someday ;)) NEVER EVER EVER use two condoms together! That's the second best way to break the things (the first best sticking a pin into one), because the friction of the latex rubbing up against latex will cause it to break. It's a hell of a lot less safe than just using one...and even one is pretty sh*ttastic (hormonal is the way to go). Oh, and also steer clear of oil-based lubricants if you're using a condom as that will eat away at the latex and cause it to break.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
1-Considering all the hubbub you started about me questioning the Catholic church...I find it exceedingly funny that you a-endorse casual sex and b-endorse birth control...and it's improper use, which lead me to number...

The hubbub was because I thought you were criticizing Catholics everywhere for the actions of a few of them (a misunderstanding on my part, let's just leave it at that).

Even though I am a member of the Catholic church, there are some policies that I don't agree with. Nowhere does Jesus say "thou shalt not use contraceptives." That was a rule created by man. As far as premarital sex goes, I don't think it's a sin as long as no one is hurt.
2!-Safe Sex Tip #1 kiddies (for the half dozen or so of you that will actually have sex someday ) NEVER EVER EVER use two condoms together! That's the second best way to break the things (the first best sticking a pin into one), because the friction of the latex rubbing up against latex will cause it to break. It's a hell of a lot less safe than just using one...and even one is pretty sh*ttastic (hormonal is the way to go). Oh, and also steer clear of oil-based lubricants if you're using a condom as that will eat away at the latex and cause it to break.
Hmmm . . . is that a new finding? :eyebrow: (I like that new smiley) I know the videos in health that we watched said to use 2, then again, our health department was a joke, and people only took it because it was a requirement for graduation.

Anyway, it's a good thing you pointed that out. I probably would have done that and ended up royally effed.
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

I'm startin to think it's a bad thing. It's always one H3!! of a mess when the relationship ends. So maybe it's jes best not to step in it the first time an when things end you don't have quite as big of a mess.
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

If we were intended to have sex after we have been married our genitals would have been given to us on our wedding night.
If ya got it, use it.[/Ironhide] (or something like that)
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Lucifer
Protoform

Post by Lucifer »

There is nothing wrong with it, but i would advise against starting too young.

If you are male in his 20s or 30s, never EVER date a girl that did it before 16 or so. By the time they are in their mid 20's, these girls tend to look at sex in the same light as, oh, taking out the garbage or watching TV. Completely jaded. If a girl waits, she tends to be much freakier in her 20s and 30, and sex retains its sacredness to her. If you find out she did it young, dump her! :)
"'If you die,' you said, 'so do I,' you said, but it ends the day you understand, there is no forever, just this."
Lady Auros
Protoform

Post by Lady Auros »

Originally posted by Sir Auros

I will say no, it's not, BUT that's dependent on certain things. I think that it should be in a worthwhile relationship, because if you have one-night stands and sh*t like that, or hell, even sleep with a bunch of people in short relationships that you don't care about, then it WILL affect you later on. Someday when you've found someone you want to settle down with, you (and that person) will regret all that sex. However, it is different if you're settling down and you had sex with a few people that you really cared about, yeah, I know it sounds a little contradictory, but trust me, it's true for most people. I don't look down on people who have it in any form though, so if you want to, more power to you, just don't try to get into a relationship with me or anyone like me if you do :)

in the essence of time, i am just going to agree with everything sir auros said - of course it's alright, but it's not a decision to make lightly.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Paladin, you hade one f---ed up health class, man....the shortcomings of the two condom bit were one of the first things they taught us way back when i was taking that class (god, five years ago)...

And no, there's nothing wrong with it. The idea of marrying someone before having sex with them scares me in ways I can't even describe.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Only if you and/or your partner belive it is wrong. If you don't belive it is wrong then it isn't.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
Paladin, you hade one f---ed up health class, man....the shortcomings of the two condom bit were one of the first things they taught us way back when i was taking that class (god, five years ago)...

Man, I must fit into the "one f**ked up health class" catagory too, because they have never mentioned that to us. I knew about the water based instead of oil based lubes but the 2 condoms bit is new to me. After finding this out, I'm kinda glad I havn't got laid yet........wait......no thats not right lol.

I don't think pre-marital sex is wrong, but it depends on your partner also, because if your in a relationship where one of you wants to "save themselves" and you disagree with it, well then your in a bit of $#!7.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

looks like as of now, I'm the only yes vote.

Now to defend myself, I also agree with everything Mr. Cyberstrike nTo said here:
Only if you and/or your partner belive it is wrong. If you don't belive it is wrong then it isn't.

Personally, I have chosen to abstain from sex until I am married. It is a personal choice, partially motivated by religion, and partially motivated by my desire to give myself fully to my wife.

So, if you ask me the question, I say yes. If you ask what I think of other people doing it, I say, none of my business. It isn't "wrong" for them to do it, but it is not a choice I have made.

nmat, disease free and lazy... ;-)
--nmathew

G91 says I'm now part of the old guard.
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Originally posted by nmathew
Personally, I have chosen to abstain from sex until I am married. It is a personal choice, partially motivated by religion, and partially motivated by my desire to give myself fully to my wife.

Ditto
Strafe. You're a dick. Ishin_ookami - Dec 1st 2003
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by nmathew

So, if you ask me the question, I say yes. If you ask what I think of other people doing it, I say, none of my business. It isn't "wrong" for them to do it, but it is not a choice I have made.

I don't think anyone can reasonably argue with that. 'Wrong' in this case is very personal to each person, and it's up to each of us to decide, as NMat and the rest of us have done (or will do, I suppose, because there are some who have not yet decided).
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

I'll also agree, basically with the points Nmat stated.
-------
Sig courtesy of the Sig Master, Skywarp!
-------
Former AWF Tag Team Champion
Co-Hardcore Champion (x 2)
Member of Pulp Faction!
-------
TF Archive RPG Co-Player of the Year
-------
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

I do admire those with the moral conviction to refrain from sex until marriage. Having said that, I think it only fair to wonder what reaction you might feel if your wedding night is, shall we say, less than satisfying. Sex should not be the basis of any relationship, but it is a "fun and zesty enterprise"*...and I don't know how I'd feel if the only person I was to have sex with in my whole life was bad in the sack, to be honest.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

nope.

I loved it, and now I like sex even more that I am married.
Woohoo!
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all...for a time I'd considered abstaining, and even tried to make it last, but it got to the point where I got the same idea Ghost did...what if that person's not good in the sack?

Not a decision to be taken lightly, as mentioned, however...I've not even talked about it with my girlfriend yet, though it will inevitably come up, it always does. I also don't yet know where she stands on this, and that will of course determine if how long we'll wait and whatnot.

Ya gotta feel something deeper than just surface emotions or puppy love, though...when both of you decide that what you're into is something special that both are comfortable with, it becomes a much easier decision. I guess you could say, you gotta love each other.