Incoming! Beast Wars Boxset Season 1

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ultimate Weapon

Incoming! Beast Wars Boxset Season 1

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

http://store.yahoo.com/tfw2005/bewaseonedvd.html

I have episodes 1-thru 21 from the canadian company Atlantis Alliance, 7 episodes per dvd. I hope they release one more so I wont have to buy this one for the remaining 5 episodes.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I've been hoping they'd release this for a while. I'm glad they're not waiting until they've released all of the original series before releasing this. :D

I have BW on CD, but the quality's slightly lacking.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

That's great news. Beast Wars has to be among the top 10 kids shows of the 90's, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Transformers fan. I'll definately try to get this set.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Thats a US release, isn't it? Ah cack... I hope they release it for region 2.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Yay!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Ohh, that's awesome...if only it weren't so damned expensive. I mean, what's the deal with these box sets being so insanely expensive? It's not like they're filled to the brim with high-quality, desireable extras. I mean, the Friends seasons are selling for only $30, as is Futurama and South Park...
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Ohh, that's awesome...if only it weren't so damned expensive. I mean, what's the deal with these box sets being so insanely expensive? It's not like they're filled to the brim with high-quality, desireable extras. I mean, the Friends seasons are selling for only $30, as is Futurama and South Park...

There many reasons

The Company- In the case of Transfromers is Rhino Entertaiment
a small company (in regards to companies like Paramount and Fox) with limited reasorces.

The Transfer and/or remastering- You have to remember that Transformers G1 and G.I. Joe are almost 20 years old the quailty
of the film is not often in the best condition

Licence-Trnasformers and Beast Wars TV shows are licenced from Hasbro/Takara/Claster and they got to get there cut of it too.

Also I would like to point out that shows like Star Trek: The Next Generation/Deep Space 9 and The X-Files boxed set seasons are going has high as $100.00 (USA) per set and they're from major companies!
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm assuming that vol 2 will be seasons 2 and 3, and that if they do a BM set, it'll be the entire series.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
There many reasons

Also I would like to point out that shows like Star Trek: The Next Generation/Deep Space 9 and The X-Files boxed set seasons are going has high as $100.00 (USA) per set and they're from major companies!

The Sopranos DVD sets sells for that same price.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo

Yeah, but those are longer episodes, more expensive licenses, and higher production values.

I can see what you're saying about Rhino being a small company, but charging an arm and a leg for something that's really not worth the price isn't any way to expand. Honestly, I'd burn copies of the things if I had a DVD burner and not feel bad at all with what they're charging.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Re: Incoming! Beast Wars Boxset Season 1

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
I have episodes 1-thru 21 from the canadian company Atlantis Alliance, 7 episodes per dvd. I hope they release one more so I wont have to buy this one for the remaining 5 episodes.

I got those too. Don't worry, they'll release vol. 4 soon enough. They do so once every 10-12 months or so.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Yeah, but those are longer episodes, more expensive licenses, and higher production values.

I can see what you're saying about Rhino being a small company, but charging an arm and a leg for something that's really not worth the price isn't any way to expand. Honestly, I'd burn copies of the things if I had a DVD burner and not feel bad at all with what they're charging.

Also one should remember that the price the listed is the
MANUFACTER SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE

If you shop around you might find them cheaper I got Season 2 part 2 $50.00 at Best Buy and Ultimate Weapon said that he picked it up at Suncoast for $40.00 there are deals out there you just got to look for them.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.