Michael Bay interview

Post by Nevermore »

http://filmforce.ign.com/transformers/a ... 831p1.html

"Family film"? :wtf:

[edit]

Don Murphy announces Bay officially:

http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/s ... eadid=4301

(Ta to Cyberstrike.)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

This is America. Sentient machines gutting each other / melting each other into slag is fine. Sentient machines with nipples would be a problem.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Reminder to self bring some headache medice to the theather.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Uck, no hooker fembots of Cybertron then.

The film's got to appeal to the kids so its got to family orientated making it something of a rehash of the 'toons.

Time will surely tell how well it goes.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

What bothers me the most is that they've hired a director who wasn't even a fan to begin with.

Terrific...
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

No hot Arcee action?

Awwwwwwww ...

All I know is that when I turn 18 it will come out on my birthday. I **** you not, the second I'm 18 I'll be watching Transformers ... that is if the current release date is kept ... :glance:
Civ

Post by Civ »

I don't see why the director has to be a fan of TFs in order for the film to be any good. I would imagine any good director would want to make the film as best he/she can to obtain or retain a good reputation as a filmmaker. I don't know where Bay ranks in terms of filmmaking but I couldn't imagine him (or anyone for that matter) wanting to make a crappy film, which would lead to embarrassing himself once it hit theaters.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Originally posted by Civ
I don't see why the director has to be a fan of TFs in order for the film to be any good. I would imagine any good director would want to make the film as best he/she can to obtain or retain a good reputation as a filmmaker. I don't know where Bay ranks in terms of filmmaking but I couldn't imagine him (or anyone for that matter) wanting to make a crappy film, which would lead to embarrassing himself once it hit theaters.

Bay doesn't direct movies, he directs 2 hour long bad movie trailers.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Ok, out of shear curiousity, I'd like to read some opinions about the movies that he's directed as seen in the following link:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000881/

Out of all of these, the only one I saw was Armageddon, which I didn't think was all that bad but they did overplay that Aerosmith song a weeee bit too much.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, I feel much the same way. I'm just going to turn up and see it. With the production team assembled so far, there isn't a great deal that's directly comparable with which to have a pre-movie discussion.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Originally posted by Civ
Ok, out of shear curiousity, I'd like to read some opinions about the movies that he's directed as seen in the following link:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000881/

Out of all of these, the only one I saw was Armageddon, which I didn't think was all that bad but they did overplay that Aerosmith song a weeee bit too much.

I've seen the Rock and Armageddon. Here's my problem with Bay:
his films always give me a migrane headache after watching them.
He can't keep the camera still longer than 30 seconds before doing a 360 around the actors a few times and then doing some
jump cutting to the next sene.
All Armageddon is a 2-hour long trailer.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Ok, I think I understand why doing a 360 around actors could be a problem. I don't understand why you think Armageddon is a 2-hour long trailer and how this differs from what you consider a movie.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

I didn't care much for Armageddon myself, but enjoyed The Rock and both Bad Boys. But the truth is Transformers is really different from any of them and so we'll just have to see how he handles it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Civ
I don't understand why you think Armageddon is a 2-hour long trailer and how this differs from what you consider a movie.
For me it usually comes down to whether I can predict the rest of the story.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Brimstone
What bothers me the most is that they've hired a director who wasn't even a fan to begin with.

Terrific...

Yeah because giving the comic license to a company made up of tf fanatics really succeeded didnt it.

Basically, I find Bays movies to be ok/fun popcorners, and i'm not expecting a deep psychoanalytical movie in which the morals of bringing a war on to a peaceful planet are discussed, so ill wait till it comes out before i dismiss or praise it.
clos10
Protoform

Post by clos10 »

You know just as well as I that we all are going to go see it opening night no matter how good or bad it looks. The temptation to see Transformers on the big screen is a little too much for a lot of people to resist. Even if just to bash it afterwards. And I liked Armageddon.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by clos10
You know just as well as I that we all are going to go see it opening night no matter how good or bad it looks. The temptation to see Transformers on the big screen is a little too much for a lot of people to resist. Even if just to bash it afterwards.

Hey, it worked for Star Wars... ;)
Movies205
Protoform

Post by Movies205 »

Something very important to remember is on those films his producer was Jerry Bruckheimer, on his new movie it's Steven Spielberg. I would wait till you see the Island before you get scared which looks VERY PROMISING, Bay is a talented director he just needs a good script and the right producer in my opinion which seems to be the case on Transformers. Also the writers seem to understand what there writing about.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Movies205
Also the writers seem to understand what there writing about.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/inde ... 3&id=31096
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

The smartest thing that's happened on that set the whole time is Dreamworks demanding it become a family franchise.

That's a smart move.

The world needs less scifi geek movies trying to masquerade as something cooler than what they are.

Kids are the center of this franchise. They make the sales rise, not fanboys. If kids were alienated, the fanboys can't possibly even pay back half the budget. I'm glad Dreamworks is smart enough to realize this.

I also predict this movie will do less than expected, regardless, because of whining crybaby fanboys disagreeing with it, and to serious directors, it will hurt Bay's credibility because his flaws will be exposed....