Your Collection Test

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Your Collection Test

Post by Bludgeon-X »

this topic tests how your collection compares to others, all TF toys are legal including legends class and minicons but no bootleggers/fakes

0-10--Amateur.

10-50--Mediocre far from being a amateur.

50-100--Experienced long time hardbuying fan.

100-400-- Longtime adult fan with lots of spare mobey to burn.

400+ -- You´re Greater than the quiz can judge you by

I have seventeen figures
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

You missed out 11-29... people that have owned more, but realised most of the figures were mediocre and that the collecting side of the fandom was more interested in penis-waving then appreciating the designs or engineering.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Bludgeon-X wrote: 70-100+--- Ultimate ultra hardcore manchild.
Fixed.

Seriously, I don't see the point.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Bludgeon-X wrote:40-70--Experienced long time hardbuying fan.
Anyone with the necessary funds can rack up 40+ figures in no time at all.

Boring.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I probably have 70+ figures just from Spychangers, Minibots and other small 'n' simples. And I'm not boasting - this is after reaching the "a fair few figures
aren't much cop, are they?" conclusion... I dunno, I never really bothered counting, but anything around 100 doesn't really seem like a particularly large amount for a Transformers fan... I mean, on average how many figures are issued a year? Forty? Fifty? Even something like RiD must have racked up about 60 figures.

EDIT: Yeh, got curious... I reckon I've about 150 figures, and I wouldn't even really class myself as someone who collects Transformers... I've been pruning and selling my collection for the past four-five years...
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I'm pretty much out of the toys now, honestly. My daughters inherited my Spychangers, though (which they love) which come out to about 25 figures alone. They also got the classic legends figures, which are another 8. My oldest has a mini collection of Decepticon flipchangers...

But, me? My last big toy, 25th Anniversary Prime, was sent off in trade this week, actually. I've got all the G1-themed Robot Heroes, and that's it anymore. I used to collect the toys a lot more fervently, but they've been harder to justify, and I've always focused on the fiction a lot more.
Smokescreen GT

Post by Smokescreen GT »

I guess I would fall into the "70-100+ Ultimate ultra hardcore adult fan" category. I've got somewhere north of 300, including all my original G1 toys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Civ

Post by Civ »

Well...I guess I'm a manchild. For some strange reason, I feel blood rushing to my face.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Clay

Post by Clay »

I only own six figures, but they're all boxed Grand Maximuses...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Civ wrote:Well...I guess I'm a manchild. For some strange reason, I feel blood rushing to my face.
You've seen Luke's earlier collection pics, yeah?

I would assume he's referring to people who make a point of counting.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Honestly, I don't know if I mean that with venom or mean for it to be a badge of nerd-pride. I'm a big proponent of not giving a shit what society thinks as long as you're enjoying yourself and not hurting anyone.

Reminds me that I need to post an updated pic of the collection room/office.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Well, I think the system is flawed. Doesn't take long to amass that many figures. I've only been re-collecting for about 2 years and I have close to a 100, barely ever spend money on them, and have 2 kids that are priority. In all honesty the largest chunk of my collection has came to me in the form of gifts from my wife and a few other family members. I maybe buy 1 or 2 figures every 2-3 months at this point. It was more frantic at the beginning but has really died down as I became much more selective.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Civ wrote:For some strange reason, I feel blood rushing to my face.
That's because I stole your pr0nz.

You should be ashamed... :nonono:
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

TBH, I'm waaaaaay beyond ultimate hardcore nerdy manchild fanboy etc. collector, but that's really only because I've been actively collecting for the past sevenish years, not counting what I acquired as a child and the token few I grabbed throughout high school.

I started with G1, and managed to acquire quite a lot between my "I'm kinda new to this ebay thing and will pay top dollar" phase (I know much better, now) and the reissues, then I snagged a lot of Beast Wars stuffs. Very little Beast Machines.

When I started up again, RID was soon to come out and I snagged all of it (I wanted to have one series that I could say I had the entire set).

I grabbed what I liked friom TFU, and snagged everything from Armada except PL Red Alert and Air Razor.

With Energon and Cybertron I started to cool down and only picked up a choice few molds. I didn't particularly like most of what was offered in those two series. Outside of what I wanted I made a small handfull of impulse buys (some of which turned out to be a pleasant surprize).

With the movie, I wanted to snag the entire movie cast and a few of the non-cast figures I liked. I also grabbed Recon Barricade to use as Streetwise (Frenzy is his partner, Groove. They're undercover). I also snagged G1-colored Jazz and Rescue Ratchet, and I have them displayed with my classics figs. I also grabbed Thundercracker.

My point? Unless you turn over a good portion of your collection on someplace like ebay,* you'll acquire a rather large collection in a matter of years.

*I really need to unload quite a bit. I really don't have time to get to the post office. So I don't sell on ebay. It pisses me off when sellers demand you pay them in x amount of time, then sit on it for weeks before shipping it. You don't have time to send it? Don't sell it.

Anywho, I could definitely spare quite a bit of Beast Wars (that was a HUGE line. I don't have anywhere near the whole set, but I snagged a lot, and they just don't do it for me anymore. I'll keep characters I like) RID (like I said, I snagged all of it. I'd probably keep only one version of each non-spychanger mold and maybe keep Scourge and Car Robots' Black Convoy, and I could get rid of a few other molds that aren't that great and/or doubles that I picked up) and Armada (yeaaaaaah . . . lots of repaints. I'll keep all the minicons, though. That and my Thrust variants).

I could unload most of the TFU stuff I got, since the line was mostly repaints. I'd only keep the ones I figured brought something new to the mold or captured the flavor of the character (ie nightslash Cheetor) or a particular mold I didn't have before. I'll keep the Cyberjets, too.

I could sell a little bit of Energon (didn't buy a lot). There'd be very little of Cybertron, since the only impulse buy I really indulged in was Crumplezone (whom I hated at first sight, but I loved when I actually took him out of the box) and a few of the scouts who were on sale but turned out nifty. Not worth selling scouts anyway, since you'd probably make nothing back on them and they can easily be shoved in a box if they really bother you.

No way I'm getting rid of movie merch, and the G1 and Classics are safe on account of the TOIHAAK factor.

Ummmm . . . sorry about all the parentheticals. I would have broken it down into subnotes, but there would have been too many of those. :glance:
Civ

Post by Civ »

Denyer wrote:You've seen Luke's earlier collection pics, yeah?
Oh. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen his collection. I knew he collected some MOTU figures and TFs but never really took the time to look at the collection.

I'm actually curious to see what Luke's place looks like now.
saysadie wrote:That's because I stole your pr0nz.

You should be ashamed...
Goddammit! :(
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

How hard is it to rack up 100 figures? I got six hundred and counting. I think it would be wise to raise the numbers a bit.

Some of the more spoilt kids in my area easily rack up 100. Does that make them ADULT fans?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

Simply put, anything over 100 sometimes counts because you´ve followed the serie since G1 and mot have reached adult age anf have a proud collection form their first starting point. I´m 20 myself and only saw a few of the G" cartoon and toys.

numbers raised
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Bludgeon-X wrote:Simply put, anything over 100 sometimes counts because you´ve followed the serie since G1 and mot have reached adult age anf have a proud collection form their first starting point.
That makes no sense.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Bludgeon-X wrote:Simply put, anything over 100 sometimes counts because you´ve followed the serie since G1 and mot have reached adult age anf have a proud collection form their first starting point. I´m 20 myself and only saw a few of the G" cartoon and toys.

numbers raised
Seriously, English, please.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Halfshell wrote:That makes no sense.
Ummm-hmmm... Discounting Slag, I got my collection in something like 4/5 years - less possibly, as I was only really seriously toy-buying alongside RiD and Armada...