Rhino's deal with Sunbow is over

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Rhino's deal with Sunbow is over

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So no Beast Machines or the rest of Armada for a while then? :glance:
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I think BM was Mainframe . . .
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

And Armada was Aeon (nowadays known as "We've").
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I guess that explains why we can't special order any GI Joe or Jem box sets at work (Suncoast) anymore. They're out of print. :\

I'm definately not buying Transformers over again, no matter how many special features they add. Maybe the movie, though.
Grimlock2983
Protoform

Post by Grimlock2983 »

Do you think they'll rerelease the entire series again?? I wouldn't think so, for the reason DrSpengler said, most fans wouldn't buy them b/c they already have 'em.

Or am I underestimating the awesome power of Transfans?
Blaster: "Grimlock, look over there!"

Grimlock: "You think Grimlock stupid, fall for trick."

Blaster: "Well, yes and no. Yes, I think you're stupid. But no, it's not a trick."

*Decepticons attack while Blaster and Grimlock battle for leadersihp of the Autobots, Issue #41*
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I don't object to repurchasing the movie, but the season sets are just too expensive to warrant buying them all over again.

Perhaps when the new movie comes out Sony will release their own sets and attract those who didn't buy Rhino's. After all, if GI Joe and Jem are any indication, Rhino's Transformer sets must be out of print, too. So the fact that people can't get them might create a little hype.

But if you really want to get the new sets you could always sell your old ones to Suncoast, though we won't give you much for them.
chimung
Protoform

Re:

Post by chimung »

While I ordered the box set of the whole G1 series, it WOULD be nice if say Cartoon Network or Scifi Channel would start airing again
TFArchive
Custom Title: King Lurker

Post by TFArchive »

That sucks, but honestly Rhino didn't really do anything with them, they did very minimal clean up of the video/audio (don't get me started on the stupid 5.1 audio track). They just bought the license dumped them on DVD, did a crappy 5.1 track, basic menus/extras and soaked us for $50 / set :(.

I'd buy another set if they were better quality and more extras. Too bad the widescreen movie doesn't exist I'd buy that in a heartbeat :(

Hopefully the next company will put some money into it, I wonder if the Columbia (or whoever it was) deal was part of this.

I wanted to get G.I. Joe Season 2 part 2 but now it looks like we'll have to wait a long time.
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

i doub't i'll buy the dvd sets again but i totally agree with a new tf:tm issue with better specials. a running commentary would be worth the price i think... maybe a few voice actor interviews and deleted scenes...i'd buy that on the day it comes out.;)
Come on and wind me up.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by TFArchive
Too bad the widescreen movie doesn't exist
Whilst I doubt anything resembling 'true' widescreen exists, last I heard a better print had been tracked down, but the owner was asking too much for it to be considered for the R4 release.

I'm just annoyed that Maverick put out such a tacky, half-arsed release in the UK... after a year delay and with nauseating extras it was a huge disappointment.

From what I can gather, Rhino's arbitrary changes whilst trying to "clean up" the R1 'G1' episode releases only resulted in a mess. It's slightly better that S3+4 are all in one set for the UK, but I'm not certain how the producers handled Dark Awakening...
Grand Scorpion
Protoform

Post by Grand Scorpion »

I'd buy a new Set, because I haven't bought the Rhino Set.

I'm sorry, but alot of Rhino's "fixes" actually made things worse.

Red Trailbreaker indeed.

I'd pay good money on a set of DVDs that actually fixed the animation errors correctly. It also boggled me that they'd explain all kinds of animation errors in the special features, and show their fixes, but the actual episodes on the DVDs didn't have those fixes. WTF?

Until then I'll stick with my VHS tapes. At least the animation errors in those are the original errors, and not new ones created by Rhino.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I only got seasons 1 and 2. I'd been thinking about getting the third season, but I'm still not sure........
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

If all the errors were fixed and there were pretty decent extras I could possibly see myself buying the seasons all over again. It would be nice for them all to be released in one full set though.
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'd buy 'em if they fixed the animation errors, plots, tone and edited in some logic and characterisation.
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I'd buy 'em if they fixed the animation errors, plots, tone and edited in some logic and characterisation.

So... Basically what you're saying that there is no way in hell you'd even bother, right?

Right!
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Actually, I'd rebuy the UK sets if they came with an extra which had the makers of the Beast Within free comic apologising, before being shot through the back of the head.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Scarrita
It would be nice for them all to be released in one full set though.
I think they have been for region 3—at least the sets look good enough not to be bootlegs...

Someone'll probably have the auction link.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

I had already purchased the entire series and the movie. I don't believe I'd purchase another movie or original series unless DVD's became obsolete, that there was some new interface for viewing movies, and DVD players no longer functioned (or at least mine, and it was non-repairable). I'm still on the verge of buying a Beast Wars season 1 set (already have 2 & 3), as well as Armada Season 1, and whatever other series might be put out on Season DVD's