New images of Universe Classics Figures and Botcon 2008

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

New images of Universe Classics Figures and Botcon 2008

Post by Ackula »

http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/conten ... gures.html

Originally posted at Chinese fansite tf08 are new images of both Botcon figures and Universe Classics 2.0, plenty of images mirrored at TF@TM in the first link posted above.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Those really are looking good, aren't they? Prowl looks superb, while Jazz and Nightbeat I'd get at regular retail (well, if the former didn't have his emo decals) - not going to lose any sleep over it, though. Sunstreaker's looking better with every picture too, though definitely one to only look at the front of. I've got nice and used to a lot of TFs looking good from most angles, but that one's taken the G1 throwback stuff a bit too far in not having a back (first robot mode picture on the TF@TM page). Octane's robot mode really isn't that impressive, though. H@RDC0r3 BLURR and BLUDD JAZZ make me glad I spend my money on knackered old Godaikin figures, though.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Not so keen on that Jazz after seeing it up close in car mode...

Prowl's a definite, will probably wait for Sideswipe, and I might go back and grab a Mirage if I spot one cheapish (but it'd be more for the mould than the character)...
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

They look good, and I'm sure I'll Be buying them (Classic 2.0 that is) but they look a little more "plasticy" than the classics 1.0.
Come on and wind me up.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Prowl, Sunstreaker, and Octane are a must. Not so sure about Nightbeat now, though. His arms look a little insubstantial.

Blurr looks like a zombie.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

Are the molds they are using for sunstreaker and prowl, are they all new molds, or just old molds from past lines, with a different head sculpt ? And I am asking that for all the univers character.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

The majority of 'classics' themed Universe characters are new molds. (These new molds will be reused at least once each, however... though I haven't figured out how they're going to do that for Tanktane yet.)

There will be reuse of some UT molds for the line as well.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

This guy is on a well known auction site right now, and I must say I really do not understand why people pay outrageous sums of money to have something that they can eventually have for a fraction of the cost.

Otherwise, packaging looks nice, I'm still digging Sunstreaker, along with Prowl and will surely buy those two.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Heinrad wrote:Prowl, Sunstreaker, and Octane are a must. Not so sure about Nightbeat now, though. His arms look a little insubstantial.
This. Definitely going to get the Universe figures but that Nightbeat isn't sitting well with me. It's a shame they used the Energon Hot Shot mold as a base; however, I'm having great difficulty thinking of a good car mold that could be used from the RiD, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron line.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

The only car mold in my opinion that would have worked better is Armada and Cybertron (non cybertron defense) Red Alert. At least the arms on both were better than energon Hot Shot.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Sunstreaker and Octane look great to me, although I don't think Octane has worked out as well as Astrotrain did in the previous line.

I do like Nightbeat, but as already said, the arms are rather poor - but that's a result of the mould. Still, I wouldn't pay over-the-odds for it, so I'll pass.

Looking forward to seeing the Sideswipe Sunstreaker repaint when it surfaces.

I really have no interest in this year's Botcon set, bar the MiniCon. But even that'd just be novelty.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Classics 2 is a must, but i heard that sideswipe is not going to be a repaint of sunstreaker (he'll have a different transformation scheme). Is that true?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Classics 2 is a must, but i heard that sideswipe is not going to be a repaint of sunstreaker (he'll have a different transformation scheme). Is that true?
I certainly hope that's true.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I just noticed this. Is anyone else sorta quietly chuckling at the "WER 84" license plate on Sunstreaker?
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

numbat wrote:I certainly hope that's true.
Sideswipe and Red Alert (presumably) will be a slight retool of Sunstreaker. The chest transformation and head will be changed slightly.
numbat

Post by numbat »

TFVanguard wrote:Sideswipe and Red Alert (presumably) will be a slight retool of Sunstreaker. The chest transformation and head will be changed slightly.
Thought so.

I'm happy enough that we're getting Sunstreaker and Sideswipe at all - I'll be very happy if Sideswipe comes with a shoulder missile or cannon.

Also items on eBay.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

numbat wrote:Thought so.

I'm happy enough that we're getting Sunstreaker and Sideswipe at all - I'll be very happy if Sideswipe comes with a shoulder missile or cannon.
Didn't they show that he would instead of a jetpack back at last year's Botcon?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

In Package (Bag?) Photos of Jazz, Sideswipe/Drench (Listed as Wheeljack), Goldbug and Grimlock via our favorite auction site which I shall not name for some reason.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32