Dreamwave: what got out?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

Dreamwave: what got out?

Post by Cliffjumper »

Okay, what of these actually got released? I'd prefer, where possible, sightings: -

Transformers/G. I. Joe #1 Second Printing
Transformers/G. I. Joe #2
Energon #31
War Within: AoW #4
G1 Vol 3 - Ascension TPB
G1 Vol 0 TPB
Micromasters TPB

Any of that get released?
Ultimate Weapon

Re: Dreamwave: what got out?

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Okay, what of these actually got released? I'd prefer, where possible, sightings: -

Transformers/G. I. Joe #1 Second Printing
Transformers/G. I. Joe #2
Energon #31
War Within: AoW #4
G1 Vol 3 - Ascension TPB
G1 Vol 0 TPB
Micromasters TPB

Any of that get released?

Im gonna say no to the whole lot you just mentioned. Based on what I saw on the racks at my local shop.
Wildrider

Nada

Post by Wildrider »

I'll agree, my local store hasn't got anything past G1, Vol3#10 or
WW AoW #3. But I'm Uk based, so that may count against me.

I also shop at Oneshallstand, Steve is usually on the ball when it comes to TF comics and he's nothing past those at least last time I checked.

Only seen pre-order covers of the TPBs nothing definite, time to buy up all those 'kerazy' skateboarding Micromaster covers.!

:p
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I'm in the US and I haven't even seen AoW 3...
Ultimate Weapon

Luke I have AoW #3. you should have gotten it by now.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Even I have AoW #3 dude :(
Ultimate Weapon

From the TFW 2005 boards:
Cory from Decepticon-Matrix posted an update from Diamond Distributors.

Dreamwave Productions Ceases Operations
Lead Stories, Diamond Daily, Thursday, January 06, 2005

Due to mitigating financial factors, Dreamwave Productions has ceased operations effective immediately.

As a result, no further products will ship from the company. However, an announcement regarding a new publisher for Dreamwave's titles -- including the best-selling Transformers line -- is expected in the near future. Once the publisher is announced, all pending new product orders for Dreamwave titles will be made order adjustable, and will eventually ship from the new company.

In addition, previously published Dreamwave titles are still available for reorder. Refer to the end of this article for a linked listing of Dreamwave products that are currently in stock at Diamond.

“Any time a vendor closes its doors, it impacts every level of the industry -- especially retailers and fans,” said Diamond Vice President of Purchasing Bill Schanes. “Fortunately, in Dreamwave's case, there are a number of companies actively pursuing their licensed and original titles, and we fully expect all Dreamwave series to continue once the dust has settled.”

Dreamwave and Diamond regret any inconvenience caused by this event. Retailers with additional questions regarding the effect of Dreamwave's closure on their orders should contact their Diamond Customer Service Representative.

Be sure to check Decepticon-Matrix to pick up any back issues of Dreamwave comics you may need.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Bloody hell, there's going to be a lot of cross-posting for the next few weeks...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Perhaps a stickied thread is in order in this forum and maybe a catch-all in News?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wait, did that press release have anything to do with what I asked?
Ultimate Weapon

Wait, did that press release have anything to do with what I asked?

Once the publisher is announced, all pending new product orders for Dreamwave titles will be made order adjustable, and will eventually ship from the new company.
Basically everything you inquired about will be released eventually, just not by Dreamwave but another publisher.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Is that actuall set in stone? Surely, the new licensee isn't obliged to reprint DW books? Would they even have the copyright to do so?
Ultimate Weapon

Is that actuall set in stone? Surely, the new licensee isn't obliged to reprint DW books? Would they even have the copyright to do so?

The article is making that suggestion. So who knows.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Depends on who the new licensee is and how popular of the material is.

I mean DC/Wildstorm reprinted the old Comico Robotech comics in
trade to help promote their short-lived Robotech mini-series.

So if they going to follow up on the DW storylines, then reprinting the DW series would be very logical thing to do.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Basically everything you inquired about will be released eventually, just not by Dreamwave but another publisher.
Yes, but the actual question was: what got out? What's in circulation?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
Depends on who the new licensee is and how popular of the material is.

I mean DC/Wildstorm reprinted the old Comico Robotech comics in
trade to help promote their short-lived Robotech mini-series.

So if they going to follow up on the DW storylines, then reprinting the DW series would be very logical thing to do.

I'm failing to see the relevance of the Robotech comparison. Wildstorm bought the rights for Robotech's old material to simply shift on the back of the interest of the new story. Really, by comparison, theres no reason the new license owner wouldn't print, say, Marvel.

I'd really like to know if it's as simple as the company wanting too, as well. And to be honest I think it'd be ludicrous for a new company to pick up on a DW storyline that was playing to nosediving reader figures - certainly as a lead book, anyway. Realistically, it'd have made as much sense as DW themselves opening with G2 #13 - never mind how good it would have been, it'd be a stupid way to get a wide audience...
Wildrider

G2

Post by Wildrider »

As a continuing story I'd personally rather see a G2 continuity, i haven't read Furman's follow up 'fan fiction', but as a series I enjoyed G2 alot more that Matrix Quest, even if some of the art was a bit ropey (Senior excluded) or maybe it was the vibrant colours I didn't like, I think I'm accustomed to DW's gloomy style.

DW's continuity didn't seem to be going anywhere at least in the G1 ongoing.

Plus i really wanted to follow Big Daddy's adventures in Micromasters. He was the sh*t, or was he sh*t, my attention span is so short these days...ooooooh something shiny.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I wouldn't be so keen on a G2 continuation, simply because Rage in Heaven is such a good send off for the whole Marvel TF Universe (even if the plot is a combination of Edge of Extinction and Star Trek: The Motion Picture), that I'd rather it end there than risk someone screwing it up...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
CounterPunch
Protoform

Re: G2

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Wildrider
As a continuing story I'd personally rather see a G2 continuity, i haven't read Furman's follow up 'fan fiction', but as a series I enjoyed G2 alot more that Matrix Quest, even if some of the art was a bit ropey (Senior excluded) or maybe it was the vibrant colours I didn't like, I think I'm accustomed to DW's gloomy style.

DW's continuity didn't seem to be going anywhere at least in the G1 ongoing.

Plus i really wanted to follow Big Daddy's adventures in Micromasters. He was the sh*t, or was he sh*t, my attention span is so short these days...ooooooh something shiny.

but then following the G2 continuity would mean saying a big ole "F*CK OFF" to those who either havent read it/heard of it, or dont want to read it.... which would severly limit the audience to... well those who read and liked G2, which means the comic wouldnt last too long anyway
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
but then following the G2 continuity would mean saying a big ole "F*CK OFF" to those who [...] havent read it/heard of it
Yup. :)

Ah, why not, one more smiley...

:)