Predacons... created by the Quintessons ?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
BOnes Mandalorian
Protoform

Predacons... created by the Quintessons ?

Post by BOnes Mandalorian »

I'm really curious. In Five Faces of Darkness, you see the Quintessons sending the predacons against the autobots.

Yet in following episodes, Galvatron leads them. Like in "Chaos".

I thought they were made by the quintessons like the sharkticons, as elite troops or something. Or is it they joined the ranks of the decepticons after the quints betrayed "all transformers" at the end of FFOD ?
Phoenixotron 777
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by BOnes Mandalorian
Or is it they joined the ranks of the decepticons after the quints betrayed "all transformers" at the end of FFOD ?

This explaination works with Predacons. However I don't have idea how to explain why later in the season 3 Terrorcons are first with Galvatron, then they're working for quints, and then they're with Decepticons again. Unless it was said that Quints 'borrowed' Terrorcons for one episode, 'Writers didn't give a ****' must be said again.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
BOnes Mandalorian
Protoform

Post by BOnes Mandalorian »

Well, then,... :eyebrow: I guess we should simply pretend the quints have kept a secret as a last resource... :\ like a device that enables them to control a FEW transformers at a time,... like a smaller version of the one that immobilised (?) all transformers at the end of FFOD.

After all,... since they created them...

:rolleyes:
Phoenixotron 777
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Quints made transorganics in the past, during Five Faces we were introduced to the Predacons and Trypticon i get the impression these fully machanical beings could be intepretted as Quintesson weapons, they did after all build the original transformers.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
... they did after all build the original transformers.

At least, they CLAIM they did...
(I wouldn´t trust a Quint any more than I could throw one)
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

History lesson according to Five faces of Darkness Part 4.
Quintessons built cybertron as a factory world developed automaton robots, Quints became lazy left robots to do everything even administration, as well as pitted them into gladitorial combat for entertainment. These robots soon gained sentience and rebelled, driving the Quintessons away. The military robots believed all organics were a threat evolved into decepticons. Entertainment and Service robots developed transformation and became Autobots. In essense the Quintessons built the Transformers ancestors.
Garrason
Protoform

Post by Garrason »

maby it a case of the eps bing out of order and the quints built em both but like all transformers the get fed up with em and rebel?
If you allways expect disapontment you wont be disaponited
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

In the ep with the Terrorcons working for the Quints, didn't one of them say it was hard to bring them under control or something to that effect? They may have just captured them and had them under their control with some device that may have been destryoyed during the fight with Computron. The Quintessons did capture Ultra Magnus and Cyclonus, why not the Terrorcons? They aren't even half as bright as the former two.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
History lesson according to Five faces of Darkness Part 4.
Quintessons built cybertron as a factory world developed automaton robots, ...

Right, I forgot about that one. Did it explicitly say that the robots were invented by the Quints too?
Because if it doesn´t, that´s a good place to fit it with the Primus continuum.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Originally posted by E Nice
The Quintessons did capture Ultra Magnus and Cyclonus, why not the Terrorcons? They aren't even half as bright as the former two.

Just because they growl and gurgle a lot doesn't mean they're more stupider than Magnus and Cyclonus. They might just act out a bit more than usual due to their frustration at being misunderstood. If another Transformer developed a stutter, would that make him more of an idiot than Ironhide?

(that's right, I'm insulting myself, because I've racially stereotyped Ironhide's redneck trailer trash ways for years. In actual fact, Ironhide is easily as smart as cartoon Megatron)
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

With the exception of Hun-Grrr the tech specs would dictate otherwise. Their behavior is also questionable.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I haven't read all their tech specs myself, but I have read their TF Universe biogs. If I remember, Blot was a slimy, greasy abrasive loud mouthed so and so, and Cutthroat was the archetypal Decepticon; loving to slash Autobots, and being so nasty that even his fellow Decepticons found him tough to get on with.

On the tech spec side of things, so many robots double up when it comes to traits. Blots tech spec/character bio reads almost exactly the same as Apeface's.

Cutthroat is a nasty peice of worl, but I don't think he's any worse than most Decepticons, and certainly not an idiot. The cartoon makers did the same thing with Swoop though, just because he was a Pteranodon, he usually had to make a squawking noise before uttering his monosyllables.

I do not know about their 'questionable behavior', as I've never seen any of them out with girls, or cruising the streets playing 'batter up' with the mail boxes.