Who was the better X-Factor?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Favourite X-Factor team?

Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Iceman, Phoenix [or whatever she was called than week]
11%
Havok, Polaris, Strong Guy, Multiple Man, Rahne, Quicksilver
89%
Forge, Mystique, Havok, Wildchild, some other guys I can't remember
No votes
Factor X
No votes

Total votes: 9

Cliffjumper

Who was the better X-Factor?

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yup, they made the X-Men look like ST:TNG for variance, but when did they gget in right?
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Definetly the second option.

First of all, there's Havok like I always wanted him to be. Not a whining loser, like he was in X-men, but a leader. All the other characters were also interesting and new in a way.
Secondly, there's Peter David, who still is one of the all time best writers in Marvel. That was a combination I loved. Not even the mediocre artists could ruin that. I even sort of liked Jae Lee's style.

I never really liked the "old x-men" -era of X-factor. Okay, there was Apocalypse and few other good stories. But that doesn't make up for the fact that the creation of the X-factor destroyed Dark Phoenix Saga and Madelyne Pryor. That's just inexcusable.

The Factor X was a letdown, 'cause they made Cyclops a goodie. First I think he rocked with the long hair and everything, but later he became the woss we all learned to hate. And they made Havok a dumbass. In AoA all was supposed to be new, but in the end, nothing was new. Scott was a hero, and he was with Jean.

btw. I just realized Peter David is sort of responsible for both Fatal Attractions and Legion Quest and thus the AoA. Is that good or bad?
Thanks D!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmm, I've only read the one-shots, Amazing X-Men and Astonishing X-Men, so I didn't mind Age of Apocalypse much... But looking at the list of the books, they do seem to have overdone it... surely if rather indirectly involved groups like Excalibur and Generation X got all mangled up, so would, say, the Avengers? [for example, Magneto never would ahve recruited Pietro and Wanda from Europe, so they wouldn't have been around to jopin the Avengers]... I think they over-reached themselves, there wasn't really any need for 8 or so books...

Fatal Attractions was really cool I thought, ditto LegionQuest... And am I the only one who likes Cyclops? He;'s fan-diddly-tastic in Eve of Destruction...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I pick option a, solely on the basis of it being Scott, Jean (Marvel Girl I think she was calling herself), Bobby, Hank and Warren.

Oh, and Cameron and Artie.... ah... hang on a mo....

Who the heck was actually in Factor X anyway??
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Post people at one point or another, it seems...
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

It would be the second option and it is thanks to Peter David's ideas for this team. Peter David's Multiple Man is one of my fav characters from Marvel .
Hey, comics fans!
Visit www.fanboyradio.com . It's the weekly radio show about comics. Joe Quesada,Larry Hama,Brian Michael Bendis,Greg Rucka,Mark Waid and many other comics creators have appeared on the show.
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by Brendocon

Who the heck was actually in Factor X anyway??
Cyclops, Havoc, the Bedlam brothers, Cannonball, her sister (not Paige), Beast (was he called Dark Beast already then?), Northstar, Aurora and Wolfsbane (kind of).
There's also Polaris in semi-important role.

Adding to that, cameos by Pyro, Toad and Callisto.
Thanks D!