Albion...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Albion...

Post by Cliffjumper »

Anyone else get this? I picked up #1-3 & #6 on ebay recently... Now, bear in mind that obviously it read a bit skittishly, but I wasn't actually that keen. It might be my fault, I was sort-of expecting a Watchmen/Miracleman/LoEG thing for the British comic characters, and was a little let down by a slow, short-on-supers storyline... Anyway, and like I say, I'm aware I missed a third of the story, I found the last issue impossible to follow. I don't mean plot-wise, I mean simply identifying characters from frame to frame, especially as the action all seems to run into itself. Is forking out a fiver likely to make this aspect of the thing any better, or am I better off just cutting my loses? I mean, Robot Archie's cool and everything, but this just confused the living piss out of me - what the Hell happens at the end with The Spider? Is that it for Archie? I kept expecting to find out the thing was 8 parts or something.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Never got round to reading Albion. However, Thunderbolt Jaxon is pretty decent, and is set in the same world.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Who's the creative team? Qho publishes it?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Hound
Who's the creative team? Qho publishes it?

Alan Moore wrote the story and his daughter Leah and Steve Rippon the script (the nasty side of me wants to say Alan Moore leant his name to the thing, TBH, I'd love to know what his actual input was). Can't remember the artist off-hand, and it's from Wildstorm (possibly via ABC for whatever that's worth).
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

Yeah I think it was ABC. I have been meaning to check this out myself. While none of the characters are known to me (being old british characters and all) the idea of bringing other countries rich assortment of characters to the forefront intriques me.

I am also a fan of alan moore goodness (despite not having alot of it in my collection). isnt there a trade for this stuff?

*Edit* off-topic: as a sidenote (having looked at the stuff under cliffy's sig) does anyone find it strange that x-men: the hidden years was cancelled because joe Q found it redundant with ultimate x-men comming out but they are currently publishing an x-men comic with the exact.same.premise.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Hawkeye
*Edit* off-topic: as a sidenote (having looked at the stuff under cliffy's sig) does anyone find it strange that x-men: the hidden years was cancelled because joe Q found it redundant with ultimate x-men comming out but they are currently publishing an x-men comic with the exact.same.premise.

That's what pissed me off about Quesada... he gave this whole spiel about streamlining the X-books and cut some really good books (not so much Hidden Years, but X-Man and Gen X were both actually really good by then - better than Cable, for instance) and what's he replaced them with? Worse X-books, by the by. Good man. Cock...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oh, and Hawk, this may sate a little curiosity: -

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/i/ipc.htm

Especially worth a look are The Spider, Dolman, Captain Hurricane, Robot Archie and The Steel Claw, who all have middling roles in Albion.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

two words: Oak. Man.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*