"I am Optimus Prime" storybook preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

"I am Optimus Prime" storybook preview

Post by Denyer »

http://issuu.com/ryall/docs/tf_iamop

(Amazon still have the original solicit cover...)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Anyone else amused that this is the first place we've seen Drift's Earth mode on anything other than a cover? Though I still say if they wanted to do a kids book using either the Animated or Movie casts would have been the best bet (something hinted at by Bumblebee), I suspect the people buying this will be childless adults.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

nice "truck" mode on prime....:down:

camaro bb? hmm.
Come on and wind me up.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

both cute and jarring at the same time. i'd be interested in getting one purely as some kind of autographable for taking to the idw desk at a convention.

kudos on the drift first-look
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Nice introdump! "..."

Token "strong willed" courageous chick! (How come dudes are never described as "strong willed"?)

New G1 Autobots coming to Earth backstory!

What's not to love?

They parked their ship underwater but it is drawn crashed into the side of a volcano. Force of habit?

As far as Animated or the Movie making a better kid's book, I don't know. Animated may be good at keeping a kid's attention for a while, but I don't think it would be good at making lasting fans (25) years later. It just seems like it would become uncool after a certain age.
inflatable dalek

Starfield wrote: As far as Animated or the Movie making a better kid's book, I don't know. Animated may be good at keeping a kid's attention for a while, but I don't think it would be good at making lasting fans (25) years later. It just seems like it would become uncool after a certain age.

Eh? It doesn't have to last 25 years, the whole point of the book is to entertain primary school kids. Once they get to old for it, they'll move on. And if you were a 6 year old wouldn't you rather read about the Transformers in the cartoon/film you know rather than Drift?
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

inflatable dalek wrote:Eh? It doesn't have to last 25 years, the whole point of the book is to entertain primary school kids. Once they get to old for it, they'll move on. And if you were a 6 year old wouldn't you rather read about the Transformers in the cartoon/film you know rather than Drift?
But, if it's G1 it will stay in the kids mind forever and they will read a book aimed at six year olds until they die and the characters will never be replaced! Don't you understand thats why Unicron Trilogy and Robots in Disguise and Beast Wars toys aren't still being made?!

Oh, Ratchet. You and you're dry sense of humour. Just like 1984 through 86.

Wait a minute...
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Oh, they are keeping the concepts very black-and-white simple, dumbing them down for a very young audience. It's just like... IDW's creative direction in the last months :PPP
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe the versions of the characters used in the book are the "Robot Heroes" versions seen in the toyline.
inflatable dalek

Whilst it's sharing the brand name a good chunk of those characters haven't had RH toys. Unless that's how Drift's going to be released. Which would be awesome.