Seibertron short interview with Chris Ryall

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Seibertron short interview with Chris Ryall

Post by Denyer »

http://www.seibertron.com/people/interv ... view_id=27

I'd prefer a profile book not take time and energies away from issues that are parts of stories, personally.

Very interested in the prospect of Budiansky original material, and Ryall penning some stuff himself.

How about short profiles (two or three characters on a page), alongside a piece of panel art representing the character, in the back of the comics as introduction for the people who're seeing them for the first time and as bonus material? I think it'd win some over who're a bit iffy over cover price.

Stuff to look forward to, anyhow. :up:
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Hotrod: DW has generated a lot of fan support over the past year from Transformers fans. What would you say attributed to that?

Chris Ryall: I’d like to think a lot of it had to do with our willingness to listen to the fans, to talk to them, and to include them in what we’re doing as much as possible. And hopefully also from doing comics that they’re enjoying.
Spot the typo...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

What, the redundancy of "fan support from Transformers fans"?

Or the "attributed" as "contributed" bit?
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Well, as lovely as they are...
Hotrod: DW has....
-Alex???
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

****ing hell.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Remember the fat kid from Simpsons who always bullied Bart? To quote him...

HAW HAW!
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

http://www.seibertron.com/people/in...interview_id=27

I have to say, I am eagerly looking forward to all these things. Yes, even Chris' take on the Transformers. Be forewarned though, Chris. Even though we like you, the kid gloves for TF fans are always off. Seriously though, with his editing experience, I would not be surprised to find he can churn out some kickass material.

More spotlight issues? Awesome. In my opinion, you can almost never go wrong with an individual character focus. It could be the most obscure character in Transformers, if the story is well written, that character pretty much solidifies his place in Transformers lore, even if he is never featured again. That's what makes these one-shots exciting. Fans don't forget them.

More Evolutions? Gotta say, I am really enjoying the current series by Dixon and Guido. If more like this is on the way, I'm definitely in. Looking through the numerous TF websites, the title has certainly been well received. And of all the TF titles running, none has the potential to really rock the TF world like Evolutions.

I'm definitely aiming to get that deluxe, 600-page volume Profiles reprint from DW. I had a question though. As some of those profiles specifically reference DW continuity, is it possible for IDW to edit those entries a bit to fit their own continuity? A tough task, certainly, but something I'd like to see.

Though I found Infiltration to be an above average story, I'm sure in Escalation and Devestation we can expect a more up-tempo story.

Really, what's there not to like with how IDW is handling the
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

No-one asked him why he dresses like a fat chick at an anime convention? I hate fan interviews, all fawning bull****.

You mean they may let Bob Bud, with just 30 years industry experience and the basic genesis of Transformers as we love them, actually write something he thought of? Christ, that's good of them. Better get him to do some copy for the backs of TPBs or something for a couple of years first, though, make sure he can read and spell and stuff.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Commander Shockwav
Really, what's there not to like
People being jaded and getting old, mostly...

And of course the kid gloves are off. Image
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Denyer
People being jaded and getting old, mostly...

I'm not that old. Won't argue with jaded, though... it's fair to say the whole Dreamwave fiasco is affecting my willingness to love the IDW material, however illogical that is.