Armada PS2 game

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Armada PS2 game

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Got a demo on the front cover of a Videogame trade magazine (NOT available in shops) and I quite honestly say that it's shaping up to be VERY nice.

The demo only allows you to play as Hot Shot, but the Decepti-clones are in the game, as are a couple of Minicons (strangely not any from either the show -or- the toys).

Layout of the controls is nice, though the handling of the vehicle mode leaves a lot to be desired. Gotta admit that the graphics (bearing in mind this is PS2) are pretty goddamn lush, one of the best looking games thus far.

Definitely looking forward to it now :)
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Hmmm... so Warp's opinion is that it should be good.

That settles it. I'm getting the game
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

yay I guess :)

This might actually be the first ps2 game I buy, ever :)

not to mention the first game that I actually use my ps2 for :P
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Could ye take a few flash-less photos of the TV?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Ah, man. Like I needed another reason to resent you, Warp. ;)

I need to get me a PS2. Fast.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Heh, man, I remember when people were rushing to get PS2's, mod them, and then import that terrible G1 game that came out last summer...

I'd be interested if this went multi-platform since I don't have a PS2 yet own the others...
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Heh, man, I remember when people were rushing to get PS2's, mod them, and then import that terrible G1 game that came out last summer...

I'd be interested if this went multi-platform since I don't have a PS2 yet own the others...

It's fun owning all the major consoles... even if all bar my xbox gather dust (and only because I use the xb as a media station, rather than playing games.. xb + 120gb hdd + XBMP rock).. reminds me.. must find a cheap way to get my ps2 modded - want to see if the copy of that horrid G1 game I "aquired" is the real deal or not....
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Fliptop mods are cheap and real easy to install...or so I've heard.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hm. Game might be worth a try in the end...

Anyone remember what the release date on it is again?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
ESKiM0J03
Protoform

Post by ESKiM0J03 »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Fliptop mods are cheap and real easy to install...or so I've heard.

and a horrid waste of money if your gonna do it do it right :P get a dou or a megic 3.1+
BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by pseudonymous
Hm. Game might be worth a try in the end...

This is the funny thing. In the UK it's due for release on the 14th of May...and for those of you that aren't aware -- that's my birthday!!

I'll hook my PS2 back into my PC over the weekend and take some grabs.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Originally posted by pseudonymous
And May 11 State-side.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

woohoo!

I got given a copy of the demo disc tonight by a mate who works for the local EB!

going to fire it up in a sec :D
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

bastard thing..... it finishes just before you get to fight Cyclonus!

no fair dammit!

however, I must say I quite like what I've seen - graphics are typical ps2, bit of slow down here & there, but the blur effect they've implemented stops it from looking bad.. gameplay is really good - Hot Shot's very easy to control in bot mode.. In alt mode is fun - he's no Warthog, but handles well... I'm definantly considering the purchase now :)
dedicon
Protoform

ps2 armada game is out!!!!(well,in israel at least)

Post by dedicon »

yes!!!this is news! the transformers armada video game is finaly in israel.and 12 days before the us.

the cost is 299 shekels(4.6 shekels are 1 dollar)

the only reason i didnt put this in news is because im the only israeli here.
still,im gonna order it on sunday and have a very fun time playing it too! hell,ill probebly finish it before it will enter u.s. soil!
HAHA!
p.s.:expect an impression and possibly review(of the full game not the demo) in the upcoming week. writen in by me in broken english!:D
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

do tel if it sucks or not
i might buy it when the pal version is released somewhere this year
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

the israeli version is pal....
aperantly(sp of course..) the game is out in europe(israel included) now.
if you are europian you should check out where is it.
or just ask peter pan.he lives next to you and he has a direct flying road to london :P
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

obviousley i havent seen it yet
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
dedicon
Protoform

ps2 game first impressions(by me)

Post by dedicon »

ok,i got game,bu a wont review it yet since im FAAARRRR away from exploring the whole thing.ill do it ign style,with presentation,graphics,sound,gameplay,life span and overall.note its still impressions and not my final opinion.

presentation:game opens with a fantastic cgi movie, i will NOT spoil this for you, but lets just say prime is getting his arse kicked.
the menus let you choose 4 options:new game,continue game, options and extra features. after selecting a new/continue game, you will be teleported to autobot hq where you pick your bot, attach diffrent minicons you collected and even change a weapon.
select a drop spot and you are good to go!(9)

graphics:i played with OP only so far,and as much as i wanted to be,i am not impressed.the terrain is great and the stages are massive,but the charecter models are blurry.even its a ps2,they could have made them look sharper.thats my only complaint but its a big one in my book.(7.5)

sound: if you think that armada voiceacting was halfhearted by the actors, you will be even more annoyed in this game.HOWEVER,if you play lots of games latly,than you know its no news actors hate dubbing videogames.plus, since nothing mention this game is armada(even the box just say transformers), there are lots of g1 refrences. megatron quotes the movie in the cgi scene and when you choose optimus he says "light our darkest hour"(something he never said in armada).
the music is techno, and it goes with the rythem of the game just fine. (8)

gameplay:this game is hard.very hard even.and if you are a casual player who likes to finish a stage in under 10 minutes,find another game. first,there is no d-pad.you move/strafe with left analog stick .a thing that can truble you when you cross narrow places or cliff edges.optimus WILL sustain damage if he falls from high places(though some of the places that damage him wouldnt even damage the toy!)aiming is done by the right analog stick and for shooting press r1.if you get close enough the r1 will preform a hand to hand combo. l1 is for jumping and the 2 other triggers are for minicon attachments.
you have a "reckon mode" that gives you a first person veiw and is good for sniping and sneaking.you toggle it with circile.
so,now you would want to know how does transforming work right?well, its nice and fast.plus its great for evasion and for some silly ramming fun.just press the triangle and ramm away!ramming is one of the best ways to kill multiple enemys,as fighting hand to hand or even shooting them from afar would either kill you or siriusly hurt you.
which brings me to the enemys.the clones are unlike the bm vehicon drones. they are smart and make tactical desitions all the time.they will patrol and identify you if you shoot them or if you are standing next to them.they will evade your shots and if they are hurt they will try to run for reinforcement or just to confuse you and shoot you from a greater distance.they are also great snipers.
minicons add you special abillities such as better armor and homing missle or an energon shield.some are depliting and need energon(that the clones drop after exploding) and some like the armor are perminent.
incredible AI and almost smooth control. too bad the d-pad is gone. (8.9)

life span:this is not a game you will finish in 8 hours. not even in 20.the stages are HUGE!there are plenty of save places and once you capture a minicon or data con(extra features) you wont need to pick it up again since the game saved your picking.enemys will return though.the extra are stuff you unlock during the game,such as cgi movies(one for every of the 3 charecters, so ill guess there are diffrent movies for each autobot),art rendering and toys(comics,instructions, prototype of models and pics of the toys).as you can guess,if you want to see it all,you will need to search some nook and crannys....this is going to be a long journy.
(9.7)

overall:this game makes the japanise g1 game look like crap(as if it needed any help).this also make the bw games an emberassment(again,no help needed there).finally,theres a tf game you can play even if you dont like tf armada that much.and if you do, this is going to be one hell of a ride!(9.1, not an avrage)
cocorubs
Protoform

What do you think about PS2 Transformers Game?

Post by cocorubs »

I know they have topics that are like this one, but I want to post another. I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a Demo Version in OPM (Official Playstation Magazine) in this month's issue.

I also want to know what you think of the game? I never watched Armada or Energon. I know the game is supposed to be Armada based, I believe.

I will play my OPM demo I just got in today, and I will let you know how it is in about 1 hour from now!

I hope it's good.