Worst TF's Ever Made

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Treadshot A1

Worst TF's Ever Made

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I was just wondering what other people thought of as the worst figure.

For me, It's DEFINITELY Energon OP
or Armada Jetfire.
Nearly forgot hot shot, armada & energon.

P.S. Feel free to list any series you wish.

P.P.S. Somebody mention Wheelie please!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wheelie's poor, but he's pretty midtable on the Minibotometer, considering the competition from Brawn, Power-ga-lide, Warpath, etc.

From G1:
Brawn
Megatron
Rodimus Prime
The Decepticon Jets
Broadside
Octane
Quickswitch
Groove
Swindle
Strafe
Apeface
Fizzle
Backstreet
All of the Firecons
Battletrap
All of the first year Pretenders, and especially the Autobots
Pretty much all of the rest of the Pretenders, actually (Beast ones as possible exceptions)
AM Thundercracker
Most of the Micromaster Squads
Quickmix

G2
Superion & Bruticus
Gearhead. Definitely Gearhead.

RiD
Landfill
Side Burn (Deluxe)
Rollbar, natch

Armada
Side Swipe
Hot Shot
Insomniac Malik
Protoform

Post by Insomniac Malik »

My most hated, or the one I consider one of the worst of the new ones would be DreadWing.

I hated him for the longest time, but since turning him into DreadWarp I like him a lot more.

though Cybertron LugNutz runs a close second. He always looks to me like he's got a motorcycle perched on his shoulders.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Cliffjumper, no offense, but what is so wrong with Octane and the micromaster squads?

Also, ican't tell the difference between most of the rodimus figures. Can you post a pic so i can tell which one you're referring to?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Well, if you saw my review, I really can't quit smirking at G1 Gunrunner, who turns into a useless pile of plastic that attaches to the underside of a jet. :) Aside from that...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Treadshot A1
Cliffjumper, no offense, but what is so wrong with Octane and the micromaster squads?

Octane has two awful, awful alt modes that trip each other over, and an ugly 'robot mode' that's actually a chest, head and some arms on top of a block.

The Micromaster Squads are just generally very poor, resulting in some awful robot modes and awkward "long" vehicles. The concept works a few times, but they really overcooked it.

Oh, and this Roddy - http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/g1_rodimusprime.php
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Energon Rodimus.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Edit: Should point out that I don't actually collect the toys -- working with photos here...

Have to agree with most of Cliffjumper's list:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper

Groove
Swindle
While a fair amount of the combiner limbs are rubbish, there's 3 of 'em that instantly come to mind -- the tossers in the above quote, and Sinnertwin. Sinnertwin gets everything wrong -- plus, he's basically just a really awful version of Hun-grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Fizzle
Sizzle's also unbearably bland.
Backstreet
Hmmm... pretty much all of the Triggerbots/cons are uninspired throwaway toys.
All of the first year Pretenders, and especially the Autobots
Pretty much all of the rest of the Pretenders, actually (Beast ones as possible exceptions)
Yeah, most of the Pretenders are pretty poor.The human Pretender shells are abysmal -- so are most of the inner robots.
AM Thundercracker

Oh I don't know -- sort of falls into the "so hideously bad, it's good" category. Rumbler and Take-Off are far worse -- boring and pointless. Which, as I've said many times before, is far worse than "hilariously bad" in my book

As for G2 -- Ironhide brings shame to his fellow Power Masters. The Rescue Force Autobots are up there with the worst. At least the Liokaiser blokes have their little bits-of-plastic-force critters, combine to form something that vaguely resembles a robot and have slightly better colour schemes. . Thank Christ there wasn't a Gaihawk repaint -- he's amazingly lame.

Then there's Blaze, arguably the worst Transformers toy of all time.

Edit: Raindance and Grandslam are also pretty dire.

That's enough from me. :)
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Hmmm, much as I hate to slag off my fellow Wreckers, both Top Spin and Twin Twist always struck as uninspired lumps of plastic. So, it's a robot that fold in half and makes a...a...well, a folded-in-half-robot vehicle. Great.

Broadside also deserves, erm, a broadside too. Yikes, he was bad.

I also had the sad distinction back in the day of owning not only Pretenders Cloudburst & Grimmy, but also the legendary Gunrunner. Firecons too. Why? Why? Why? So many class G1 toys, how did I end up with these? :wall:

edit: mash keypad NOW!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, I have a bit of a soft-spot for Override. It's partly for the GI Joe issue, though. I'll agree they're all a bit poor, but Backstreet's just the one with the fewest redeeming features - the horrid colours, the cheapness of a car mode with just front wheels, the great big block behind his head... Though Ruckus might actually be worse, because his Trigger thing was just astonishingly unsatisfying... why were his motorised anyway?

Fizzle's there on the same sort of reasoning... Sizzle isn't a classic, but there are areas he's better than Fizzle - better colour scheme, nicer alt mode, he just feels like that bit more effort's gone into him. Good call on Blaze, though, which strips away Fizzle's one redeeming feature (his colours don't actually burn your eyes).

Agree on Breast Force, too... The gimmick is the only slightly cool thing, so what do Hasbro Europe do? Strip it out and only issue 2/3rds of the team... This from the same geniuses who reissued the Constructicons without the Devastator accessories...

Road Caesar deserves a mention... the individual Brainmasters aren't bad, in an oversized Playskool 'Macromasters' sort of way, and the gimmick itself is rather nice, but that combined mode is just repulsive...
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I dunno, I have a bit of a soft-spot for Override. It's partly for the GI Joe issue
I know what you mean, I have a soft spot for Dogfight -- I love his sock puppet head, which looked particularly cool, and somewhat different to the norm, in the Marvel comics. But aside from that, he's pretty poor.
Though Ruckus might actually be worse
For me, it's gotta be Crankcase. Terrible colours/stickers, the gimmick doesn't work well, awful alt mode and a bland robot mode. What makes matters worse is that I saw the comic version first, (Which is awesome). I was unbelievably disappointed when I caught my first glimpse of the toy, particularly with the uninspired head sculpt.
Agree on Breast Force, too... The gimmick is the only slightly cool thing, so what do Hasbro Europe do? Strip it out and only issue 2/3rds of the team...
And it's a shame Hellbat was one of the two left out -- quite nifty, IMO.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

In terms of one that's especially disapointing in relation to the comic representation it has to be Bludgeon ftw doesn't it? Not even a sword.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

So you mean that the breast force characters had their little partners removed?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Terome

Post by Terome »

I boast, in my still-an-actual-child collection, the likes of Slog, Crankcase, Cloudburst, Twin Twist, Micromaster Flattop, Micromaster Hothouse, Bludgeon (I thought I'd just lost the sword. Huh!), Rodimus Prime, Octopunch and little else. So I think that my Bad Transformer Recognition Skills are among the most finely honed.

What I'm trying to say is: Cruellock.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by Terome
Octopunch

Octopunch is awesome. He's the second greatest Transformer of all time. And as we all know, my opinion is FACT.
-Alex???
Terome

Post by Terome »

He loses all of his sheen when you lose those fiddly little blue crab legs. And, okay, his Pretender shell is actually pretty cool. I was just trying to pad my list out and decided to play to the crowd, okay.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Thinking about it, there's so many generic prats in the Cybertron line -- Armorhide really gets my goat. Dull as dishwater -- in fact, he does actually remind me of dishwater.
Originally posted by Terome
He loses all of his sheen when you lose those fiddly little blue crab legs. And, okay, his Pretender shell is actually pretty cool. I was just trying to pad my list out and decided to play to the crowd, okay.

Sorry man, I'm afraid you must be exterminated. FACT.
-Alex???
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

If what you say is fact then you really are a girl who likes the ladies then?

Stranglehold is bobbins as well.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Sorry man, I'm afraid you must be exterminated. FACT.

Aw, man. Life was so full of promise, too.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
If what you say is fact then you really are a girl who likes the ladies then?

Umm... yeah.
Stranglehold is bobbins as well.

Well, his shell is terrible. Really terrible. However, his inner robot more than makes up for this. His rhinoceros mode is sweet, showing us just how much fun a Pretender could be, by not folding up into a lump of plastic that vaguely resembles something "futuristic"
-Alex???