Takara Masterpiece Movie Bumblebee MP-M02

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
numbat

Takara Masterpiece Movie Bumblebee MP-M02

Post by numbat »

And, before we get Masterpiece Rodimus, we get Masterpiece Movie Bumblebee.

Takara Tomy are releasing HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee as part of the Masterpiece line, as they are doing with Leader HFTD Starscream. Have to admit, I saw this one coming!

Up for pre-order at Robotkingdom. For only $132.80 + P&P.

So, for £112.20 (inclusive of P&P to UK) you can own what would appear to be a very slightly shinier version of a toy that's overpriced at £59.99 in the UK.

I am certain I will end up with this mold, but it will be the Hasbro release methinks!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

I was not impressed with this version in person.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Masterpiece started out promising, but now its reached the point of just being a name you tack onto things to sell them at a ridiculous price.
I like bears.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Legs look like they would snap under small pressure.
I don't like bad durability.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

numbat wrote:And, before we get Masterpiece Rodimus, we get Masterpiece Movie Bumblebee.

Takara Tomy are releasing HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee as part of the Masterpiece line, as they are doing with Leader HFTD Starscream. Have to admit, I saw this one coming!

Up for pre-order at Robotkingdom. For only $132.80 + P&P.

So, for £112.20 (inclusive of P&P to UK) you can own what would appear to be a very slightly shinier version of a toy that's overpriced at £59.99 in the UK.

I am certain I will end up with this mold, but it will be the Hasbro release methinks!
And completists will be pleased to know there's 3 different versions of the same figure.
There will be three versions globally of this figure. The Japan
release will be painted in yellow to match the movie character.
The Hong Kong release will be painted in a metallic yellow.
The North America release will be unpainted, but the outer parts
are molded in yellow.
numbat

Post by numbat »

In fairness, there have been so few releases in the Masterpiece 'line' it's hard to say if any stood for anything after Convoy (although I love Megatron as well, I gather that's a minority view...).

I can see why Starscream was released as Masterpiece - he really is a masterpiece!

Similarly, I think Leader Class ROTF Prime could also have been released as a Masterpiece figure (had he been released after the ROTF line ended, as Starscream has) - some mainline toys have caught up with Masterpiece, really (which perhaps 'cheapens' [figuratively - they're still bloody expensive!] the Masterpiece line anyway). In fact, maybe that's where he belongs - he's certainly not much use as a kids toy. We had a BBQ party last night (in Scotland, in September - with the rain - we're hard, :lol:), and a friend was telling me how his son was in tears trying to transform Prime. After my friend spent ages doing this for him, he was transformed back to robot mode (again by my friend - his son still couldn't do it), and hasn't been transformed since. Another friend of mine has been through the exact same experience with his son. This must be a disappointment for the kids (and parents who've dropped £50 on a big special toy for them!).

As much as fans like accuracy in figures, perhaps things really have gone a bit far now, with the main lines too complicated. A few fantastic figures like Leader Prime could perhaps be released in lower quantity, at a slightly higher price tag, as collectors' pieces.

Oh, wait, that would be, like, a Masterpiece line, wouldn't it?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

My 11-year-old brother, like me, loves actually transforming them. It's like a Rubix Cube or a Lego model. But my little cousins spend most of their time asking either me or my brother to do the transforming them. Different strokes for different folks.

ROTF Prime is one of my all-time favourite moulds, along with Masterpiece prime. He's certainly more impressive than masterpiece Megs; a figure who leads muh to be desired but is a perfect companion piece to prime.
The starscream mould looks to be on a par with Prime (I have a Skywarp but haven't gotten around to taking it out of the box).

I can see the logic in all the MPs apart from these two movie ones. If they included the leader class Prime as well it would make sense. But they'd have to include Leader Megatron as well and he's crap. Which would fit in well with Masterpiece Megatron.

I kind of lost what point I was trying to make then.
I like bears.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Summerhayes wrote:I kind of lost what point I was trying to make then.
That the Masterpiece line is becoming more than a little random?

I agree - the Movieverse Masterpieces are totally random in particular. And that's because it's just Takara trying to find a way to release the molds now that the ROTF line is finished. There's no real impetus or logic to get behind for collectors.

Heavens forbid they ever release ROTF Leader Megatron as a Masterpiece - that figure is just a glorified Action Master Elite!

I get your point about MP Megs as well. I agree - I doubt I would have picked him up if I didn't have MP Convoy already.

Also items on eBay.