Bands you dont like/hate then suddenly think are great

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Bands you dont like/hate then suddenly think are great

Post by CounterPunch »

This is basically -

When I was like 14 or 15 my brother got in to System of a Down and leant me various albums, I think he leant me SOAD, Steal This Album and Toxicity, I didnt like them at all. I liked Aerials and thats it.

Well a coupla months ago I listened to Mesmerise and Hpnotise, loved them, but still didnt like the others. Listened to them all over the last few days.....

Pretty fantastic arent they? It seems they streamlined their style with Toxicity to try and get noticed (which of course worked) which probably explains why thats my least favourite.

Any bands where the same has happened to you?
Aardvark

Eeeeeeevvvvviiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Woman

Post by Aardvark »

:(

ELO
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Mezmerize and Hypnotize are ****ing awesome.

Only band I'd say that I couldn't stand but now love are Ash. Shining Light was the turning point.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I've been listening to Mesmerize more, it may be one of my fave albums
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

The Fall. Lent a couple of CD's off of people. I then see the Peel Session collection on sale in HMV.

I got some vouchers for there for X-mas and bought it with them and a tenner, whihc was cheeper than the £15 it was in the sale. One of the tenners ever spent.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I bought Chris Connelly's "Whiplash Boychild" on cassette for a buck when I was in high school. When I listened to it, I hated it just because it was nothing like Ministry. A few years later I was cleaning out some boxes and popped it in again. Fantastic! Bought the CD, and it's still in heavy rotation.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I grew up with my mom always playing them in the car whenever we went camping or on vacation. In the end I just hated them, but now I really enjoy them for some reason.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
atomiccheeseburger
Protoform

Post by atomiccheeseburger »

Radiohead. I'd heard Karma Police and Electioneering when I was a little younger and didn't like them much at all. Then a while later I noticed people calling them the best thing since Jesus so out of interest I borrowed OK Computer from a friend and absolutely loved it. I don't think they're the best band ever, but they're pretty great.