Don Murphy updates on new writers

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Don Murphy updates on new writers

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/s ... #post79378
March 15, 2005

Scribes toy with 'Transformers'

Scribes Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci have been tapped to write the DreamWorks/Paramount live-action adaptation of "The Transformers." Steven Spielberg is executive producing the film, based on the 1980s Hasbro toy line. The toy line revolved around two groups of robots, one led by Optimus Prime, who believes in tolerance and the sanctity of life, and the other by Megatron, who espouses survival of the fittest and the extermination of biological life. Tom DeSanto wrote the screen story. Angry Films topper Don Murphy and DeSanto are producing along with Lorenzo di Bonaventura. Kurtzman and Orci have a two-year, first-look deal to write, direct and produce films for DreamWorks, where they rewrote "The Island." They also rewrote "The Legend of Zorro" and recently finished working on "Mission: Impossible 3." Before their feature careers hit high gear, Kurtzman and Orci were best known for their work as writer/exec producers of ABC's "Alias." They are repped by BWCS. (Borys Kit and Liza Foreman)
Later in the same thread, he also confiremed the following:
They are not the directors
and
Whereas before we were "shooting for" Summer 06 now we have officially announced we are coming out Thanksgiving 06.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Just in time for Christmas. Should I feign surprise, or just keep my mouth shut?

Kurtzman (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0476064/) and Orci (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0649460/) did some fairly decent episodes of Alias, so that already elevates them above the guy who worked on Catwoman and The Core in my eyes.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Originally posted by The HeartBrend Kid
Just in time for Christmas. Should I feign surprise, or just keep my mouth shut?
Just keep your mouth shut! (Don't think I'll ever have the opportunity to tell you that again.) ;)
Grimlock2983
Protoform

Post by Grimlock2983 »

Yeah, these guys sound like much better writers than before. Definitely a step in the right direction.
Blaster: "Grimlock, look over there!"

Grimlock: "You think Grimlock stupid, fall for trick."

Blaster: "Well, yes and no. Yes, I think you're stupid. But no, it's not a trick."

*Decepticons attack while Blaster and Grimlock battle for leadersihp of the Autobots, Issue #41*
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Have to agree, this sounds like a definite step-up.

We'll have to see how good MI: 3 turns out, though. :D
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Alright guys...there's a big difference between script writer and story writer. Just because the Catwoman and The Core had crappy stories, doesn't mean the scripts were bad.

That being said, there's nothing I didn't like about early Alias shows...story or script...so, at least there's a chance that these guys will do well. (of course if they don't know Transformers at all...that'll be a problem)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Brimstone
Alright guys...there's a big difference between script writer and story writer.

Oh, I'm well aware of that. It's just that, if given a choice between somebody who worked on those movies and somebody who worked on Alias, well it's not really a choice. :)
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Originally posted by The HeartBrend Kid
Oh, I'm well aware of that. It's just that, if given a choice between somebody who worked on those movies and somebody who worked on Alias, well it's not really a choice. :)
True, true. :)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

I liked Alias, i liked Alias and i liked Alias :mad:.... but i'm a bit :confused: : if they don't know Trasformers, this mean they need a massive input - they can work :) :) well or :wall: :wall: