Why didn't the Decepticons slag the Autobots when they awoke?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Elita-One
Protoform

Why didn't the Decepticons slag the Autobots when they awoke?

Post by Elita-One »

I re-watched the TF first episode the other day, and I asked myself why didn't the Decepticons slag the Autobots when they woke up from the emergancy staitus (sp?) lock??

They woke up first, then dragged their comrades into the beam to get reformatted and left the sleeping Autobots. Umm, hello!! Strike while the iron is hot!!

True, I know that if they did slag them then, that would have been the first & last episode. But at the age of 22, you think about the things that make sense now, and not while watching it for the first time at the age of 5 or so.

Any Ideas?
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Post by Lord Decepticon »

will Megatron didn't think they were comin' back while Screamer just wanted to say good-bye. In the comic the were awake and programmed & ready to go but Megatron said NO!
Civ

Post by Civ »

In the cartoon, yeah it really doesn't make much sense that the Deceps didn't finish off the Bots when they had the chance. They could have at least smashed Teletran 1.

In the comic, if I remember correctly, Megatron said the Decepticons were too weak to finish off the Autobots at that point-in-time. He said they needed to replenish their fuel first before finishing the Autobots off.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

They were still hungover.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

its very simple, the autobots were alredy dead, if that idiot starscream hadent knoked prime down

( if they had blasted them the story would have been to short)

nomater what megatron we talk about, do megatron go nuts if his enyme just die without a figth.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The simple reason is that Megatron's a ****ing idiot. Letting his subordinate shoot at the Ark with his pathetic little null ray thing was a bit dumb, too. Let's not forget, he kept on an air commander [yeh, slightly grand title for someone with between two and five subordinates who didn't usually listen to him anyway, but still...] who wandered around loudly telling him he was going to betray his leader, and often did so. He thought Devastator was a really good idea. He left all of Cybertron under the protection of a pillock like Shockwave. He had a comedy mono-brow. He was once beaten by fire-retardant foam. He employed Ramjet. He marooned someone who could turn into an F-15 on an island. He let Blitzwing and Astrotrain off trying to kill him. In a smackdown with someone who's beaten him week-in, week-out for the past few years, he decides to finish his opponent with his bare hands. He turned into a handgun.
Elita-One
Protoform

Post by Elita-One »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
The simple reason is that Megatron's a ****ing idiot. Letting his subordinate shoot at the Ark with his pathetic little null ray thing was a bit dumb, too. Let's not forget, he kept on an air commander [yeh, slightly grand title for someone with between two and five subordinates who didn't usually listen to him anyway, but still...] who wandered around loudly telling him he was going to betray his leader, and often did so. He thought Devastator was a really good idea. He left all of Cybertron under the protection of a pillock like Shockwave. He had a comedy mono-brow. He was once beaten by fire-retardant foam. He employed Ramjet. He marooned someone who could turn into an F-15 on an island. He let Blitzwing and Astrotrain off trying to kill him. In a smackdown with someone who's beaten him week-in, week-out for the past few years, he decides to finish his opponent with his bare hands. He turned into a handgun.

Geez, lol, tell us how you really feel.

But I agree, Megs was a ****ing idiot.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

why destroy your enemies when you can get your arse kicked by them on every possible occasion and look like complete idiots all while maintaining the truth that you are just a big commercial instead?
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Elita-One
Protoform

Post by Elita-One »

Originally posted by homerbot
why destroy your enemies when you can get your arse kicked by them on every possible occasion and look like complete idiots all while maintaining the truth that you are just a big commercial instead?

Why not destroy your enimies when they are defenseless, un armed, and you don't have to worry about getting hurt or loosing your men?
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Elita-One
Why not destroy your enimies when they are defenseless, un armed, and you don't have to worry about getting hurt or loosing your men?

That would be using logic! Megatron would rather see them suffer, as Rumble scratches his cranium.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

why do people always think that Megatron is an idiot

give me some eksampels of his "worst" plans and I will see if I can find a new anserw.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

In a smackdown with someone who's beaten him week-in, week-out for the past few years, he decides to finish his opponent with his bare hands. He turned into a handgun.

In his defence there weren't any cons nearby to pull his trigger (*Juvinile snigger*)... Though that really makes him an idiot for keeping the same useless alt mode for 20 years instead of upgrading it at the first oportunity to somthing useful like a tank or pancake maker. Not to mention that lasers seem to have replaced guns as the wepon of choice in the TF version of 21st century Earth, so a Walthers not just useles, it's not even a very good disguise any more.

As for the Ark, it makes no sense for the cons to leave the place in the first place. They spend the rest of the three parter trying to build a spaceship when thery've just left one. Even if she's no longer spaceworthy, there's still all sorts of salvagable electronics in evidence. All they needed to do was put the Autobots bodies out with the trash and set up camp :rolleyes:
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

maybe the decepticons feard that the cave would colapse, after all an eruptione waked them up
I Hate Dirge
Protoform

Post by I Hate Dirge »

He employed Ramjet.

And what, prey chance, is wrong with Ramjet?
"A Bad day for me is still better than a good day for anyone on your side of the freeway".
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

exept that he is stupid and smashes his head in to thinge (that is what make me like him ;) )
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by RUNAMOK
why do people always think that Megatron is an idiot

give me some eksampels of his "worst" plans and I will see if I can find a new anserw.

Here's your egg-sample.
http://www.itswalky.com/transformers/du ... s0104.html
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Elita-One
Protoform

Post by Elita-One »

maybe the decepticons feard that the cave would colapse, after all an eruptione waked them up
And the Autobot lived in that ark for many years after with no problems.

Maybe it would have just been better if Megatron Let Starscream say his "goodbyes". That way, they could have concurred the Autobots w/ no damage to the Decepicons, and rules the Universe. But no, Megatron left the Ark & his best oppurtunity to rule.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

thats unfair Nevermore

I just ment one
Hound

Post by Hound »

thats unfair Nevermore

I just ment one

Sigh... :rolleyes:

Y'know what though, who's to say that blasting at the Autobots right then would have made any difference? They were already pretty slagged and Teletran still repaired them.

The real question is why didn't they blast the hell out of Teletran-1?

The answer has already been stated...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

you could also take the canon he made with the enegy crystal, it coudent shoot very far, but it was enough to blast the autobots at the tempele, the rest of the world woud then be no problem