[RID,UT] Why did they turn Nitro Convoy into a girl?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Darclipto
Protoform

Why did they turn Nitro Convoy into a girl?

Post by Darclipto »

I have been happy if they would have just called him "Nitro Prime", but Override? "She" looks about as feminine as a brick wall. I... don't understand why they choose to turn him female. When I first saw the show (before I knew she was originally a guy) I thought something was rather fishy about "her". Now I know... She is a he.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

S/he may be a TRANSformer. Few more upgrades and it will be a she.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Yeah, like replacing the strategic plugs with sockets XP
Darclipto
Protoform

Post by Darclipto »

Why is it that when I reply to topic with "non-serious" responses, I get some jackass calling me a "wanker", then I get people responding to my topic with only "non-serious" responses?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Darclipto
Why is it that when I reply to topic with "non-serious" responses, I get some jackass calling me a "wanker", then I get people responding to my topic with only "non-serious" responses?

Because you're a wanker?

Maybe you're finding out just how annoying it can be now, eh?
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

a little thing i found on wikipedia

Due to Cartoon Network demanding a stronger female presence in the show, Nitro Convoy /Override swapped genders from male to female for the US version.

blame cartoon network
Aardvark

And....

Post by Aardvark »

Tech specs:
It took a long time for Override to claim the title of Leader of the Speed Planet. When the Cybertronian explorers first landed on what would become Speed Planet, races were held to see who would be leader. Override pretended to be a BOY to enter the race and the entire planet was stunned when she won the race and revealed that she was a tough-as-nails female racecar!

Perhaps that's why she doesn't look like a "Barbiebot".
Darclipto
Protoform

Post by Darclipto »

Because you're a wanker?

Maybe you're finding out just how annoying it can be now, eh?

Actually I was more commenting on how hypocritical it is... It's not my fault that you take transformers too seriously:D

Oh, and have you noticed that Megatron looks like he has a penis?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's not my fault that you take transformers too seriously

Yeh, so seriously I collect Gobots. Nonce.

Maybe if you didn't try to insult me, and then bitch about me in other topics I wouldn't think you were a complete arsecandle.

And how is "it" hypocritical? Explain, you slack-jawed cretin.
Darclipto
Protoform

Post by Darclipto »

It took a long time for Override to claim the title of Leader of the Speed Planet. When the Cybertronian explorers first landed on what would become Speed Planet, races were held to see who would be leader. Override pretended to be a BOY to enter the race and the entire planet was stunned when she won the race and revealed that she was a tough-as-nails female racecar!

Hmmmmm, well I guess that makes the transition seem less akward.
Maybe if you didn't try to insult me, and then bitch about me in other topics I wouldn't think you were a complete arsecandle.

And how is "it" hypocritical? Explain, you slack-jawed cretin.

"It" is hyposcritical because one minute I have someone getting angry at the thought of a topic about TRANSFORMERS (because by god transformers should be nothing but complete seriousness) "degenerating" into jokes and humor. Then, some uptight prick comes along and makes a big fuss of it, bitching about it like cracking lame jokes will cause the end of all things. Then I make a topic, and it gets nothing but jokes.

Ok, so maybe it isn't really that hypocritical. What is hypocritical is when you complain that I insulted you (when I actually never did, you were the first to insult anyone by calling me a "wanker") and then you can reply with nothing but insults.

I could care less if you reply to this post calling me a "wanker" or a "****" or a "cretin" or any other sad insult, but I will not reply to you. I refuse to dignify your putrid existence any longer.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by RUNAMOK
a little thing i found on wikipedia

Due to Cartoon Network demanding a stronger female presence in the show, Nitro Convoy /Override swapped genders from male to female for the US version.

blame cartoon network

They did WHAT? CN demanded that? WTF were they thinking? They're ROBOTS for chrissakes!
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

"It" is hyposcritical because one minute I have someone getting angry at the thought of a topic about TRANSFORMERS (because by god transformers should be nothing but complete seriousness) "degenerating" into jokes and humor.

The joke posts here weren't the same, tired old
"MEGaTR0n TR1GGer = PEniS!!! LOL" jokes that about seven people had already posted (slightly more clever) versions of in that thread.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Are the people posting jokes in here the exact same people who lambasted you for recycling already pathetic jokes somewhere else?

Eh?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Are the people posting jokes in here the exact same people who lambasted you for recycling already pathetic jokes somewhere else?

Eh?

My entire point, that. I wouldn't even have replied to this if it wasn't for the guy making random digs at me.

A better example of hypocrisy would probably be bitching about something someone had said in a totally unrelated thread, and then accusing that person of taking things to seriously.

"I refuse to acknowledge your putrid existance... because I'm out of my depth and there's no denying I've acted like a dumbass"
exodus42
Protoform

Post by exodus42 »

I only have one question-

Why do all the femmbots seem to have breasts? Aside from the butchy Override, they all have chestplates that resemble knockers. Remember the first transmetal 2 Blackarachnia was pulled from a lot of stores because of this. And when you watch the episode in G1 (I forget the title) where they go back to Cybertron and help Moonracer and Alita-1 thay also have implications of a chest.
If you want "peace" the only thing you must do is...DIE
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

So idiots don't start threads like this, wondering why the girl doesn't have breasts?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by exodus42
Why do all the femmbots seem to have breasts?

Blackarachnia's chest is no more feminine than Tarantulas'. At least the toy's isn't.
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

Maybe not the toy, but in the cartoon, Blackarachnia was freakin' *stacked.*
Darclipto
Protoform

Post by Darclipto »

Blackarachnia's chest is no more feminine than Tarantulas'. At least the toy's isn't.

:laugh:

Oh man, in the show she has like quadruple D breasts.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Mmmm, roboboobs...

...er, I mean...I can't believe we're talking about this! Shame on you guys! :mad: :D

By the way, this gentleman demands to know WTF is going on here: