[JTF] Official (as per Takara) Japanese G1 cartoon timeline

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Official (as per Takara) Japanese G1 cartoon timeline

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Good grief.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Generation_1_cartoon_timeline_(Japan)#2003

Credibility go bye-bye. I mean, I love Crosscut. Great mould, stunning colour scheme. Nice touch giving him a function beyond "he's a nice, kind guy who blows holes in Destron bastards". But really, he's just fanwank with a bidget and a copyright stamp, isn't he?

EDIT: Hahaha, they even tried to work in the Music Label Soundwave. there's fanboys, and then there's Japanese fanboys with a mandate from Takara...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

He's official Takara. Which makes him canon. :(

I'm more appalled by the insertion of Car Robots as part of the continuity.

And confused by the Matrix stuff. From what I could gather, the events of crazy multiple timezone Convoys is what supercharged the Matrix (and explains why Prime never had it prior to the Movie)... but they then go and introduce a timeline divergence so that never happened in the movie cont... or am I reading it completely wrong?

And Metrobase was stationed at Mount St Hillary the entire time? Gah.

[EDIT] Seriously, ever since Binaltch I've not been sure which is scarier. The fact that crazy people exist who'll go to such lengths, or the fact that Takara are actually rubber stamping it all...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Halfshell

I'm more appalled by the insertion of Car Robots as part of the continuity.

Does the Japanese dub lend itself more easily to that, or is it totally out of the tree? And why not insert the other cartoon as well ehilst they're at it?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Originally posted by Halfshell
Seriously, ever since Binaltch I've not been sure which is scarier. The fact that crazy people exist who'll go to such lengths, or the fact that Takara are actually rubber stamping it all...

I'll tell what is even scarier than that: Kiss Players is canon.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Nah, Kiss Players is on a divergent timeline and not part of the same continuity thread as the Movie.

Car Robots is there regardless.
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

No, *Binaltech* diverges. Kiss Players goes to preposterous lengths to fit its story into the existing timeline, while at the same time plugging a couple of continuity holes and explaining things that never got explained before.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Bollocks, you're right. I keep forgetting there's a five year gap in the Japanese timeline.

See? I'm trying to repress the whole thing already...

This is why I'm not a full Canonicity Scientician.
adamtrion
Protoform

Post by adamtrion »

Well. there is a STRANGE and WEIRD way that Car Robots/RID could happen during G1 in the year 2000.

1) Somehow, something happend that drove or vanished all G1 Decepticons and most Autobots from Earth (hey, this happens alot in the new Japan G1 series)

2) The remeining Autobots need to hide from the Humans so they build the Underground Roads (based on existing plans created by Ultra Magnus from Cybertron).

3) Fire Prime is G1 Optimus Prime, he chage his alt mode and name so he would not be recognized by Humans.

4) This marks the first cannon appearance of Ultra Magnus.

5) Gigatron is Gigatron, a Decepticon leader from the future or another Universe (maybe his arrival caused G1 Megatron and troops to vanish - like in the Marvel UK comics).

6) After Car Robots is finish, the events of Fight! Super Robot Life Transformer happens (that would explain why the TF are now mostly in Japan - In Fight! Super Robot Life Transformer #4 the TF just explain to the boy who came up with the idea for the Autobot Road in general - Ultra Magnus could have thought about it on cybertron before he came to earth in Car Robots)

7)This moves the creation of Scramble City from before 2000 to after 2000

so, what do you think on my explanation?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's not Ultra Magnus, it's God Magnus... RiD is a subtly different show to Car Robots, just because a character's Western counterpart shares a name with an extant character doesn't mean they're one and the same. And Fire Convoy could just as easily be another member of the Convoy Council, IIRC.
adamtrion
Protoform

Post by adamtrion »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
It's not Ultra Magnus, it's God Magnus... RiD is a subtly different show to Car Robots, just because a character's Western counterpart shares a name with an extant character doesn't mean they're one and the same. And Fire Convoy could just as easily be another member of the Convoy Council, IIRC.

Ture. but Car Robots is now part of G1 so one could say that God Magnus Chaged his name to Ultra Magnus when he got a new form (G1 Ultra Magnus)

If Car Robots is now part of G1 I think this is the best explaination - it beats saying that all TF vanished from earth and replace with similer characters
adamtrion
Protoform

Post by adamtrion »

SO I was half right,

According to Wiki Teletraan I:

"when TakaraTomy initiated a super-special awesome retcon. Through online timelines and flowcharts, and more detailed printed material from the Kiss Players franchise, Car Robots was retroactively established as part of the Japanese Generation 1 animated continuity, occurring in the year 2000. Broadly speaking, this was accomplished by exploiting the unresolved ending of a G1-based manga published in Super Robot Magazine, which had the majority of Transformers on Earth leave the planet and/or get lost in space in the late 90s, allowing Car Robots to slip in with minimal opposition. Most connections between Car Robots and other aspects of the fiction center on Fortress Maximus, who was tied into important events from Robot Masters, Kiss Players and The Headmasters. And regardless of whether or not that "Dimensional Patrol" stuff was true back when it first arose, that terminology was used in the timelines, making it official now. "

So... somehow all G1 TF are in spaceqleave Earth in 2000 and then another group of TF from another dimention come to earth then leaves and all the G1 TF are back on Earth to countinue their adventuers in Binaltech->Robot Master....

I dont know, too many disappernces of G1 characters, especially of Megatron (Binaltech, RobotMasters and now Car Robots not including the End of Battle Stars and G2).

I still think my idea was nice and more fiting but hey, if TakaraTomy said so....
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by adamtrion

According to Wiki Teletraan I:

"when TakaraTomy initiated a super-special awesome retcon. Through online timelines and flowcharts, and more detailed printed material from the Kiss Players franchise, Car Robots was retroactively established as part of the Japanese Generation 1 animated continuity, occurring in the year 2000. Broadly speaking, this was accomplished by magic beans or somethin'...
What kind of sick-minded individual(s) would do such a thing? Do they come up with this kind of stuff to help the 3 people that care sleep at night? I mean for God's sake.
if TakaraTomy said so....

You should probably think the complete opposite.

Seriously, who gives a damn about this canon nonsense? If Mr. Toy Company decided that the entire Marvel run was a dream because it clashes with the continuity of a comic printed on the back of a Japanese cereal box -- do you think I'd happily subscribe to the "official canon ****?" Bollocks to that. I'll pick and choose -- it's much easier that way. :)

*Slightly edited*
adamtrion
Protoform

Post by adamtrion »

Originally posted by Aardvark
Seriously, who gives a damn about this canon nonsense? If Mr. Toy Company decided that the entire Marvel run was a dream because it clashes with the continuity of a comic printed on the back of a Japanese cereal box -- do you think I'd happily subscribe to the "official canon schitck?" Bollocks to that. I'll pick and choose -- it's much easier that way. :)

As a fan I care.

Like you, at first, I thought this is a bad idea that couldn't be done. But I like those kind of "challenges" (for example, I found a great solution to the Earthforce stories and the first original UK TF stories from the Marvel UK run) so I tried to find a solution to the Car Robot problem.

I think my solution is quite good (better then the official solution) - but thats just me.

But dont forget, theres alot more problems with the new TakaraTomy Timeline - They put Bay's TF Movie happening in 2007! in the G1 countinuity!!!!! - Now thats a retcon not even Primus could fix!
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

You're sort of missing my point (And I never said it couldn't be done). All I'm saying is that I don't give a rat's ass what some plum from Hastakotomorangers says -- I'll pick and choose. If they want to say that Beast Wars was actually a puppet show on some ****ed up alien planet, well then great. Good for them. They can say it's official all they want -- I won't be agreeing any time soon.
But dont forget, theres alot more problems with the new TakaraTomy Timeline
Pretty hard to forget considering the thing is a ****ing horrendously stupid mess, which is why I don't give a damn what some mad anorak from a toy company tells me. :)
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Originally posted by Maju Garzett
I'll tell what is even scarier than that: Kiss Players is canon.

From the Wiki:
The series derives its name from its (controversial) gimmick, which involves Transformers getting "power-ups" when they are kissed by human girls - the eponymous "Kiss Players" - who fuse with the robots and share their adventures. Although this plotline may seem like a shift in demographics to little girls, it is said that this line was aimed at a much older (and creepier) adult male audience. Indeed, the toys bear an "ages 15 and up" warning, and the subject matter of the accompanying manga is far from child-friendly.
:glance:

Good things furrys weren't a big to-do in Japan at the time.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Takara says it's Canon, so It's canon! Screw what you think! Me right, You wrong! *Gets shot*

Seriously, that's the most ****ing stupid thing I've ever seen. This is why I ignore a lot of Japanese stuff when I'm talking Transformers.
"Right, switch to Red Alert."
"Are you sure, sir? It does mean changing the bulb!"
adamtrion
Protoform

Post by adamtrion »

It really doesnt metter how much some of us dont like TakaraTomy (or is it TomyTakara?) decision.

Its what they decided and that the way their stories will be told from now on.

The biggest problem for me and alot of other fans is with the Kiss Player sick story.

The Car Robots thing is not a big problem for me, neither the New TF Movie (you can say that in the G1 univesre they also made a TF movie - I think theres even a story with Sector 7 on this subject somewere).