Titanium G1 Ultra Magnus pics

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Titanium G1 Ultra Magnus pics

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=123543

(I'm only getting one image under the original source link, hence the TFW2005 thread instead)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Fits in rather well with the "hey, I'm not just a white Prime cab" Magnus in the IDW spotlight...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I award G1 Magnus with Massive Win.

WW Magnus, in the other hand, is awarded with Epic Fail.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I can't wait. This is probably the only titanium 6" I'm picking up. They look really good, but I had to draw a line and they just don't really fit my collection.

EDIT: G1 Magnus, not the WWI one.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Will forego the dork. I really want a WW OP rather than the white version, but Argos only have Roddy and Soundwave, despite the images in the catalogues.

Next 6" Titaniums I want are TC and The Fallen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

I'm really looking forward to the G1 Magnus if I can find him at a reasonable price.

I ended up picking up the one 6" Titanium my 'local' Argos had on the way to a conference on Friday (excellent use of a voucher given to me by my ex-boss - and only half used with the intro price of 11.24GBP or something of the like). Got Rodimus Prime, and I have been blown away! The failing of the original character was always the toy that went with him (which I had, and hated), but this new version is superb!

Fallen is in the post...

But, yeah, it's a shame about the WW Magnus - even more hideous than most white Prime repaints!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

i have said ti once, and i will say it again, i love that version of magnus :D. its abotu time he gets a decent figure, aside from the RiD version. a definate win! they just need: Kup, Arcee, and Springer and you can have the whole movie lineup from '85 from the cover!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
ColdBain
Protoform

G1 Ultra Magnus!

Post by ColdBain »

What a success man! This toy looks awesome, can't wait to get him in line with my other Titaniums!

He looks quite a bit different from the version I saw in a posting a few months ago. Different in a good way! I think he looks fantastic, such an execellent homage, here's hoping he ain't too fiddly like some of the other Titaniums.

(I have six of the Titaniums, I really want the Soundwave and Rodimus Prime but I have been having a real hard time finding them.)
Civ

Post by Civ »

I will make it a point to get G1 Magnus; however, I'm going to skip WWI Magnus.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

It's nice to once again see Maggy in a mold that is exclusive to him alone, as many could most certainly do without yet another white Prime. It makes such an important character seem generic. Now if he'd only receive a fresh new design rather than rehashing the older, but still good, model.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I dunno. I'm glad they did this version of him. It's about time there was a battle-armored version of him with decent articulation.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Fantastic figure. The mould's only drawback is cleverly photographed out of the way (shoulders are way too back on the main body). Looking forward to this and maybe WW Magnus. He doesn't look that bad.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
Fantastic figure. The mould's only drawback is cleverly photographed out of the way (shoulders are way too back on the main body). Looking forward to this and maybe WW Magnus. He doesn't look that bad.

Has anyone got any pics showing this? I'd like to see the figure's flaws as well as his fabulousness before I decide whether to buy.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

There are pics of it in the botcon gallery over at tformers. The prototype pictured had red eyes and somewhat different tones of blue, plus the arms were sort of missasembled. But you can clearly see the "flaw" of the shoulder placement on the body.

EDIT: Nevermind, you can see a full gallery for THIS version right here
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
numbat

Post by numbat »

The improved picture quality works wonders! Still looks fantastic, and appears to Transform as I had figured from the BotCon photos. I did actually prefer the red eyes of the earlier prototype, but the blue does fit with the film and cartoon, and, of course, his character.

I don't think the set-back shoulders really negatively affects the figure. His arms were set back a bit in the G1 figure (although not quite so far) anyway. Besides, some of us real people have their arms 'set back' a bit (darned barrel chest... ;) ).

He does look great - although I think Rodimus Prime still wins out for me (although the real figure may change my opinion). I reckon it's the lack of a great original Magnus and the central nature of his character that makes this toy so exciting! And with the IDW Spotlight comic as well, Ultra Magnus has never had so much attention!

:)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
There are pics of it in the botcon gallery over at tformers. The prototype pictured had red eyes and somewhat different tones of blue, plus the arms were sort of missasembled. But you can clearly see the "flaw" of the shoulder placement on the body.

EDIT: Nevermind, you can see a full gallery for THIS version right here

Cheers! Yeah I see what you mean about the shoulders. Am still planning on getting him though!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

New pics:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=124154

Er, stupid me. Those are the same ones as in the link Knightdramon posted...
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

WW UM should be renamed into "Ultra Failus" :D

Yes, I like beating a dead horse. That's the necrophile, zoophile and sadist in me.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hmmm . . . yeah, the red eyes and darker blue looks a bit sharper, but whatevs. In spite of proportion issues, he looks like he'd be worth picking up. The more I see of Roddy, the more I like him, too. Kinda wish they'd do a highly-articulated battle armored magnus in the main line, since these things are rumored to only be able to take so much play before they loosen up.