WOO HOO! TF:TM DVD Is Finally Out In Australia...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grimlock

WOO HOO! TF:TM DVD Is Finally Out In Australia...

Post by Grimlock »

...and man does it ever rock!

We got like a hybrid version (As I don't think this version has existed before), it has the scrolling credits at the start and has the Caroli voice over at the end, and it contains the "Oh $#!t" line as well.

It's extras are so cool and IMO seem to be the best out of them all.

The extras contain:

Official Trailer
Stan Bush - 'The Touch' video clip
TV Spots containing at least approx 15 diff toy commercials, and a few Jap toy commercials as well, TV spots for the movie, and it also contains the long Japanese promo trailer with the diaclone Magnus etc.
It has a feature on the work behind the front cover art and also samples work from War Within.

There's other stuff too, but it's so much that it currently escapes my mind.

Anyone interested in ordering our version of the DVD can do so from here:
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/222410

I highly recommend it, and man has it ever made my day!
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Too bad I live in Region 1, great pick up Grim.
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

Tis all goodski. I picked it up from Wagga Wagga BigW for $A 26.82

I wondered about the s*** line when I saw "low level coarse language"

More features -

*Character, musician and voice actor bios. (The mausoleum doesn't even come close to the one here, but it has good detail)

*Choice of Bot or Con main menu. (I have seen the old scene switch thingy do Autobot/Autobot but none otherwise)

*(and as Grim said) Diaclone Magnus in a Jap movie ad

Very nice purchase.
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by King Fargo
The mausoleum doesn't even come close to the one here
I don't see how you can come to that conclusion, I mean the one on here is great, and rocks even more because Big T wrote it, but the DVD has nearly everyone that the Archive has (excluding Alpha Trion, Kranix, Lithone, Moonbase One, Moonbase Two, Paradron) and also includes Prime. It has an a lot of detail, and you can play the video of their death/reformatting as well.

As I said, everyone, you must by this DVD.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

Grim, allow me to clarify.

The Mausoleum included on the DVD is nice, detailed and good, but I find that the Character Profiles section is a tad lacking. They include Hot Rod, but make no mention of Rodimus Prime. So, RP may only have a relatively small timespan in the movie, but it's not like he's a big secret anymore. It's been 17 years since the movie was originally released, yet they treat him with so much secrecy that you might assume he's still a huge surprise. Also, they don't profile many surviving old characters. I don't know if Madman is planning to release G1 box sets with profiles for older characters, but it would have been nice to have a short spiel on some of them.

Re: the death/reformatting scenes. Even though it is a cartoon, I don't particularly like the massacre aboard the shuttle scene. In fact, I want to watch that scene as little as possible. On the other hand, cutting Prime's death video off before the part where Daniel cries was a pretty good idea.

EDIT: Ok, found this Easter Egg from Ozformers today. By selecting the Autobot logo in Ultra Magnus' profile, it takes you to a profile of...Outback. So, I checked in Hot Rod's profile and selected the Autobot logo. Voila... Rodimus Prime. Ok, so I was wrong before, he is there.
Rodimus_au
Protoform

Post by Rodimus_au »

:mad:

Was daniels cryibg cut out of the Aussie version!!!?!?!?!?
I want the whole movie!!
what else is missing?!?!?!?
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

my god, Rodimus_au lives !!
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by Rodimus_au
Was daniels cryibg cut out of the Aussie version!!!?!?!?!?

No, at first I though King Fargo was reffering to the mausoleum bios, where you can preview the characters death, but Daniel crying is in that one too. So either King Fargo has a glitch on his dvd, or he didn't relise that Daniel crying was still in the movie
I want the whole movie!!
Actually, we have the best of them all. We have the scrolling text at the start, voice over at the end, AND the oh $#!t line, and to my knowledge, that version has never existed up until now.
what else is missing?!?!?!?
Nothing :D
Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
my god, Rodimus_au lives !!
Woo! Stop lurking and start posting again, if you have MSN, add me: blackheartdesigns@hotmail.com because my ICQ account died long ago.
I even have your contact info still on my trading page.
Rodimus_au
Protoform

Post by Rodimus_au »

Are there any other sort of secrets (like outback and Rodimus) on the DVD?
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Are there any other sort of secrets (like outback and Rodimus) on the DVD?
Nah not that I know of.
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

So, Grim. Do you know how I can see the Decepticon main menu? At the moment, the Autobot one always comes up, and I don't know how to change it.
Eyespy
Protoform
Location: 30 Floors below sea level in a hermatically sealed bunker

Post by Eyespy »

I went searching all the stores in town for the DVD after reading Grimlock's post but to no avail. All the stores within 50km are sold out. Sheesh.

What I did find was one episode on video and while I didn't buy it, I did notice that the cover art featured Megatron and Optimus Prime, along with the Decepticon symbol in the title. Does anyone know if there is a corrosponding Autobot cover?
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

Nah, going by the fact that they have the "creation of cover art" for one cover only, I'd say that there will be only one cover released.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by King Fargo
So, Grim. Do you know how I can see the Decepticon main menu?
Yeah, see that Decepticon insignia in the top-right hand corner of the main menu, go and select it. It might take a few tries to get to it though.
lady penelope
Protoform

Post by lady penelope »

Does anybody know if any transformers stuff are available in nz??? But thank god its in Aussie!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!