Transformers: Retribution novel

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Transformers: Retribution novel

Post by Denyer »

Preview at io9 via TFW2005:

http://io9.com/read-an-exclusive-previe ... -612265053

Doesn't sound like much has been learnt since Hardwired, Exodus, etc.
Attachments
Transformers-Retribution_1372528923.jpg
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Meh. Tried to read the first novel [the one where Pax becomes Optimus] and stopped at his blabbering in the chamber when Megatron killed that Senator.

This doesn't look any better. They're shoehorning every G1 bot and concept into the alignment universe [ie Prime universe] and thinking it fits.

And at this point I've grown extremely tired of prequel stories promising unheard of battles and epic struggles and the keeper of the matrix fighting the battle that will forever change the shape of the universe, or Megatron facing an unstoppable threat that changes everything [see the pattern?] only to...

Come to a conclusion where everything is restored to its status quo, miserable as that is [Prime with very few on Earth, Megatron missing, Decepticons wandering aimlessly] and no mention of said events anywhere.

It happened with Autocracy, it's happening with Monstrosity, movie prequel stories, and this.

Meh.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

The worse thing with Monstrosity is that it looks like IDW will never feature the ever-so camp version of Trypticon that Furman wrote in War Within:Dark Ages. A pity, it was a genuine highlight of the 2 and a half series of War Within.

But you're spot on really. The problem with prequel stuff is that if it hasnt been thought out well enough before hand then everything must go back into the box at the end of it to maintain continuity.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

This is my fan created characater Tyrannicon, he beat up Megatron and Galvetron and he is unicorns son, he is a 7 changer who truns into a gatling gun the car from gone in 60s a stealth bomber a tank an ax and metal gear solid. He is a bounty hunter who uses wrestling moves as well as lead thr Deceptercons and he combine with other Hatecons to form Warcon Apocalyse. He also lik the same music i like.

Will post bios of the other Hatecons later, got to carry on painting room black & listening 2 slayer.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

Cliffjumper wrote:This is my fan created characater Tyrannicon, he beat up Megatron and Galvetron and he is unicorns son, he is a 7 changer who truns into a gatling gun the car from gone in 60s a stealth bomber a tank an ax and metal gear solid. He is a bounty hunter who uses wrestling moves as well as lead thr Deceptercons and he combine with other Hatecons to form Warcon Apocalyse. He also lik the same music i like.

Will post bios of the other Hatecons later, got to carry on painting room black & listening 2 slayer.

Replace the ax mode with a katana mode and it's perfect!

Katanas can cut through tanks! No, really, I saw it on youtube once.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Blimey, it took two people to write that?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

Odds are I'll buy the paperback, but I did feel the last one ended poorly. Just no reason for the space pirates who want to kill Cybertorains.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I've actually got one of these on my pile of upcoming books. 'Exodus', I think? Something like that. You guys are really helping me get excited about reading it. :D
I like bears.