[RID,UT] Why cant Hasbro stick with a series?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Why cant Hasbro stick with a series?

Post by Lambda prime »

We are now going to get Transformers Energon, it will be set in a new universe, have a few figures and concept. I knew that Robots in disguise was a filler series, but why dont they stick with Armada for a few more years? Surely they havent exhausted all their Mini-con ideas and concepts in just 16 original figures. After the Unicron saga it could continue into Energon and then after that the new series. I liked Generation one and the Beast generation for their ideas, first it was cars, then combiners, then headmasters and targetmasters, then pretenders, then micromasters. Now every new concept restarts the whole franchise. A new Optimus Prime doesnt sound too bad though as long as its niot a statue like the Armada one
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

A continuing universe would require much more brain-power than their writers have, I suppose.
Also, making it this way, there´s no need to keep track of events, it´s simply easier. There are enough who not only don´t mind, but even LIKE it that way...
(surely not me)
strafe 1986
Protoform

Post by strafe 1986 »

I'd prefer them to continue on with a series not just ended it and start a new series, with rid I know it was a filler series but I would like to seen what happened with sky byte and with the other transformers when they returned to cybertron
Hound

Post by Hound »

I think they ought to make "Energon" a continuation of "Armada". Surely it wouldn't be too hard to make that work, storywise...
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

It would be better for Armada to keep running instead of Energon at the moment. It's getting interesting.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by DrEvil
It would be better for Armada to keep running instead of Energon at the moment. It's getting interesting.

That's why you make Energon a continuation of that, you can build off of that interest instead of losing it in a restart. Plus I don't like the whole Minicon idea anyway, I don't watch the cartoon but the minicon toys suck...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

well Uni might eat the mini's and we will all be happy.
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

Orignally posted by Hound
Plus I don't like the whole Minicon idea anyway, I don't watch the cartoon but the minicon toys suck...
the toys surely aren't THAT bad? they do beat the old nebulons in terms of funtionality; although i will admit i liked the way they did micromasters better back in the days of G1. The mini cons in the cartoon don't do a hell of a lot, they seem to play a role similar to humans in almost every other continuity. they also don't talk, which is a downer compared to the comic where they can, but i suppose the comic doesn't have the luxury of a sound effects dept.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

i also find the reasoning behind mini cons flawed as this must have been the designers thoughts

'right by shoving this car up this robots arse a new really powerful weapon will be made available.' or 'right by clipping this drill machine to the robots forearm it can hit the enemy and cause little damage instead of using the kickass gun which can blow anyone away thats mounted on their shoulder.'
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I don't know. I love the minicon gimmick. I just think it's misused.
ArkonBlade
Protoform

Post by ArkonBlade »

id like too see them go back too G1 and countinue off theres that huge gap when you go from the tv show too the TF movie next thing you know spike looks like hes in his 40s and got a kid and spark plug and carly are no where too be seen . did they die? or just get written off the show. id like too see a countinuing story like DBZ with all the original voice actors back . well maybe its just wishful thinking but with the G1 live movie coming it might be possible.
WHY WHY WHY!!! why did they have too kill all the autobots in the Transformers 1988 Movie and then replace them with abunch of crappy clones and god awful remakes
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

i think carly appeared in later eps in season 3 but that may just be japs headmasters series im thinking about.

i think something must have happened with the guy who did the voice for sparkplug and wheeljack (if he did any others that appeared in season three then my theory is wrong) cos his two biggest (if not only) characters were either killed off or mysteriously disappeared.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wheeljack was Chris Latta, who was Starscream.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

As far as I remember, Carly has been seen sometimes. She´s Daniel´s mother, right? I think in "Nighmare Planet" she can be seen. Also in FFOD, but I´m not sure about that one.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

ah rite, wot i dont understand is he was suck a brilliant voice actor yet wheeljack and sparkplug sound almost alike.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Habro appernatly has commitment issues. I agree that they should continue on with one idea, one universe and build on it. On the other hand, looking at the writing for the Armada TV show, it looks like that would be well beyond the writers.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

while i would love to see hasbro continue a series to an actual conclusion (rather than the "this is getting old. let's wrap this up and go get a gyro" ending), i'm not sure i really want to see them do it with armada. that's not to say i don't have a fair amount of appreciation for the series. i do, though the series is very simplistic at times (the comic owns, on the other hand). i just would like to see them work up something on a par with the original series, and see that to it's fruition. preferably for more than a season or two.

p.s. over-run (the mini-con that came with the basic assortment o.p.) has got to be the crappiest (not the word i really wanted to use........) transformers toy in recent memory.
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

Energon is a continuation of Armada.
We live for the One, We die for the One, but we dont die stupid.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by fort_max
crappiest

Lets test again, shall we?

**** Edit: I guess this is the only form that doesn't work :(

craptacular

we all ready know that crappiest works.
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Originally posted by Zath
Energon is a continuation of Armada.

Was about to say that...
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers